• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I love Daredevil so would be up for this. Not sure I'd want Troy Baker as the VA for yet another role but he'd probably do it well enoigh
Would this be the MS exclusive with PS getting Spider-man, and Nintendo getting MUA?
Please don't make me have to buy a console for Daredevil my heart couldn't take it

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there ever is a Daredevil game, She-Hulk needs to appear as a playable character.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
What would it even look like?
Would you play the whole game like this?
Waid%2BDaredevil.PNG

Someone tried this once before.

Virtual-Boy-Set.jpg

... So yeah, they'd do this instead:

It'd probably just be in third person. Just because DD is blind, doesn't mean you have to showcase that to the player.

I'd imagine it would be like any other game except you have a permanent wallhack/spider sense /witcher sense /sonic radar mode on either always or when you hold a button.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Could be Troy Baker playing Daredevil in the Spiderman PS4 sequel? They did tease Matt Murdock...

This is the most likely event, assuming this is indeed a tease. An entire game based on sound-perception could be tiresome but a few gameplay segments in a Spiderman game, that would be great. Maybe add co-op with Spidey and Daredevil?

Art by André Lima Araújo

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You can't both be first, please co-ordinate.

I mean, we would probably not find out about at the same time. There's some wiggle room there.

Doubtful. It wouldn't be anyone's first choice really. Daredevil is hardly a household name, partly why he's never made it to the MCU proper.

I get what you mean, but DD is definitely much more a household name than 70% of the mcu characters before the got their movies.
There's a reason there was a movie made in the 2000s long before they did Iron man and Ant-Man etc.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Troy as DareDevil
Laura Bailey as Karen Paige
Nolan North as all other characters
No other voice actors would be needed lol

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I ever get to live in a world where my three favorite fictional characters (Spider-Man, Daredevil and Batman) have their own high quality AAA titles, I may be the first person to actually die of happiness. Full heart attack on the spot as the game is getting announced.

Personally, I need Hellblazer/Constantine and Lucifer games in the style of Disco Elysium, as well as a fourth Max Payne starring Mona Sax, before I have any video game related health crises.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Feel like it'd be far more likely he'd show up in Spidey 2, than DD getting his own game, but not sure they'd give him the greenlight to tease that. Maybe the Avengers, so Troy can talk to himself.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Doubtful. It wouldn't be anyone's first choice really. Daredevil is hardly a household name, partly why he's never made it to the MCU proper.

Microsoft would go for something like Wolverine (GoW), Captain America (Uncharted style), Hulk and Thor (too doen carnage?) before heading down to the cheap Batman route.
It's not like Daredevil is some unkown lol. He has a few of the most acclaimed Marvel comic stories, he had a film in the early 2000s, and he had a 3 season Netflix show which was hugely popular, before you even take his appearances in other stuff. He's certainly more recognisable than a lot of Marvel characters were, pre,MCU.

Also, Deadpool got his own game, which was one of the most expensive games ever devloped apparently, and who the hell knew Deadpool outside of comic fans and people who owned Marvel 3 lol?

May 10, 2018

Microsoft would go for something like Wolverine (GoW), Captain America (Uncharted style), Hulk and Thor (too doen carnage?) before heading down to the cheap Batman route.
Pretty sure that's not the reason he hasn't been intergraded into the MCU yet.

Marvel didn't always have the rights to Daredevil. They got him back in 2012 and then he was under the TV side which Kevin Feige didn't oversee. There was a pitch for a film but the MCU didn't want to make an R-rated film yet.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
This is the most likely event, assuming this is indeed a tease. An entire game based on sound-perception could be tiresome but a few gameplay segments in a Spiderman game, that would be great. Maybe add co-op with Spidey and Daredevil?

Art by André Lima Araújo
Yup, really hope Daredevil plays a role in the sequel. Spiderman and Daredevil make for a fantastic team up.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
How exactly do you approximate playing a blind man with radar vision to 3rd person?

The same way they do in the comic.
Pretty much any time Daredevil is featuring in a comic he is talked about in third person and every now and then we see first person how he experiences the world.

So no need to perpetually having his enhanced senses be active 100% of the time.
When he concentrates we can have some cool effect going on hell his senses are high enough you could literally just desaturate the sceen and say his level of perception is high enough to "see" things he just cant guess what color they actually are.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like Daredevil is some unkown lol. He has a few of the most acclaimed Marvel comic stories, he had a film in the early 2000s, and he had a 3 season Netflix show which was hugely popular, before you even take his appearances in other stuff. He's certainly more recognisable than a lot of Marvel characters were, pre,MCU.

Also, Deadpool got his own game, which was one of the most expensive games ever devloped apparently, and who the hell knew Deadpool outside of comic fans and people who owned Marvel 3 lol?

What. How on earth is that Deadpool game once of the most expensive of all time? Was the entire dev team constantly consuming high caliber champagne and caviar? Didn't it basically seem a $40 title??

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
I want a daredevil / Jessica Jones game in the style of Judgment. During the day you run around as Jessica Jones as a private investigator at night you run around as Daredevil and then you play Matt Murdock in the courtroom.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My actual guess is that he's an eventual DLC character in the Avenger's game, since that is a pretty big GaaS title.