• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Not sure if already posted but the PSX was a great looking console too. Shame it didn't come West.

300px-Console_psx.jpg
Would be interesting if they took some design cues from that.

nath999

May 7, 2018
I don't believe 2x fatter than a ps4 pro, espcially considering the size of Xbox Series X. Doesn't really matter too much to me anyways it's just a black box that sits there.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
We're all (rightfully so) talking about this initial PS5 design. I'm interested in seeing the revision design mid-gen like the PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro. I imagine we'll see a smaller more tuned design in a few years (before 2025 is my guess).

What's the general consensus on the chance we get to see the box on Thursday?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know, that's actually bugging the shit out of me right now, because I bought a secondhand PS2 about a year ago and the logo doesn't move. I think it broke at some point and the previous owner glued it in place. Sideways.
Don't think all Slims rotate.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
What's the general consensus on the chance we get to see the box on Thursday?

Very, very low supposedly. Show is supposed to be all about games.

They also apparently do want do it as "games running on actual hardware" so same time it would make sense show games running on hardware. Not just stream games with tag "Recorded live gameplay on PS5" and expect everyone to believe that.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the ps4 is so fucking ugly. i'm looking at it right now, it's just a fucking monstrosity. I don't realy care about how it looks, but if there was a way to hid the ps4 in my room (and still use it) i would do it lol. I hate looking at it. Hopefully this one is at least a bit better.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Very, very low supposedly. Show is supposed to be all about games.

They also apparently do want do it as "games running on actual hardware" so same time it would make sense show games running on hardware. Not just stream games with tag "Recorded live gameplay on PS5" and expect everyone to believe that.
My main worry about them waiting is, it's very likely to leak if it enters production. We'd see some terrible looking shells and production models and make snap decisions about its look before we got any professional photographs from Sony. I think it's in their best interest to either start or end the show on Thursday with showing us the box - if they don't they need to soon or else they'll find themselves in a similar situation to TLOU2 but with a piece of hardware.

teseR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The PS5 can get as big as it wants, as long as it is quiet. I'm fed up with the little jet engine on my tv stand.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
the ps4 is so fucking ugly. i'm looking at it right now, it's just a fucking monstrosity. I don't realy care about how it looks, but if there was a way to hid the ps4 in my room (and still use it) i would do it lol. I hate looking at it. Hopefully this one is at least a bit better.
No lies detected. PS4 PS4 slim and ps4 pro are all hideous. The slant was a horrible Idea and the chunkiness of the slim and pro are Just urg... Sony needs some new Industrial Designers...

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting something that's marginally bigger than the XSX in terms of volume just because they'll have the GPU at a higher clockspeed. Not a big deal as long as it fits into an entertainment cabinet shelf.

I am hoping both consoles avoid glossy black colors this time around. Turns it into a dust magnet.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Should relieve some people that it's not gonna be some weird shit based off the dev kit. If it has to be thick to be quiet I'm good with that.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Don't really care what it looks like as long as it's quiet, powerful and fairly discreet.

Status
Not open for further replies.