• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand why people take any of the rumors or these insiders seriously. Have people forgotten Mother 3? Metroid Prime 4 at the Game Awards? Metroid Prime Trilogy at the last direct? Star Fox Grand Prix? Or dozens if not hundreds of other rumors that never came true.

Stop giving these people the time of day. Even if they aren't lying until someone actually reputible comes along to confirm it no one should give these things the time of day.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
This game always just looked like a hodgepodge of ideas taken from other games and done worse.

I have no idea why Nintendo would see anything in the IP.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
No idea what to think but if they do resurrect the idea of the game I expect it will look and play vastly different than what we saw when it was an X1 exclusive.

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all falling for some shit. MS owns the IP and all development done for that game. Unless MS, a company dying for exclusives, has lost their mind why wouldn't they keep developing this instead of selling it to Nintendo?

Just setting yourselves up for disappointment

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know much about copyrights, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Microsoft has a clear reason to hold onto the IP: future games! If copyright law doesn't allow companies to squat on IPs based on the future possibility of games, then other companies like Nintendo, Konami, etc. would have had to let go of many of their dead franchises.
other companies do at least have one or more games released under those trademarks
where's that Scalebound game instead?

Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft owns the IP. No lol

ba660128969cd14ddaa0df146073ebdd-full.png

I thought that as well, but is that confirmed? Also, maybe a slight possibility MS let go of it?

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
So, I'm going to risk being shamed later, but not that big a risk, because there is basically 0 chance this is true.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Oh my god why did this gain traction....gonna be some disappointed people

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Scalebound honestly didn't look like a game that warranted revival in my opinion.

Dec 23, 2017
Hmm...do you think Nintendo bought the IP from Microsoft? My mind is a little fuzzy but they showed quite a bit of gameplay footage of Scalebound awhile back, and I remember Kamiya being angry at Microsoft for cancelling the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.