• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017

EF9xhriWwAAV3r-

Gordon Sondland

---------

Kurt Volker was the US special envoy to Ukraine until he resigned in the wake of the Ukraine scandal, and who happens to testify behind closed doors on the Hill right now.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
This guy is the worst fucking lawyer of all time.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is Rudy not bound and gagged in one of Trump's Lawyers' basements.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
So has Giuliani gone completely rogue? Has Trump made a statement supporting or denouncing Giuliani (either for the actual ukraine stuff or just for constantly leaking stuff as of late).

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahaha "who is texting?"

Rudy just one-upped Lionel Mandrake's "now you listen here you little shit"

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I don't understand Rudy's play. What's the strategy behind all of this? Why would Trump or his lawyers allow Rudy to keep giving interviews?

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
My take: they're opening the floodgates of information in a bid to get the House to vote to impeach by the end of this year rather than have them drag this out right up to the 2020 election.

They believe impeachment helps their 2020 chances, but an ongoing shadow of it hurts.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
"Doing some crime, who dis?"

JFC, seriously though...

I feel this is a threat to Trump "if I go down for this shit you wanted me to do, I am taking y'all down with me"

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My take: they're opening the floodgates of information in a bid to get the House to vote to impeach by the end of this year rather than have them drag this out right up to the 2020 election.

They believe impeachment helps their 2020 chances, but an ongoing shadow of it hurts.
Dems have already made it clear that they don't want impeachment to drag either (they'll just add ignoring of subpoenas to the articles of impeachment like watergate) so there isn't any rational play here.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And then it was discovered that Donald Trump sexually assaulted Rudy's daughter in the early 90s, leading to his decades long quest for vengeance.

Or Rude is just an idiot.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see how Rudy could even be punished for anything he's doing. Who will go after him? Barr's DoJ?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand Rudy's play. What's the strategy behind all of this? Why would Trump or his lawyers allow Rudy to keep giving interviews?
The gist is, Rudy is trying to convince the world that his communications with Ukraine weren't just at the behest of the President, for personal gain. He's ATTEMPTING to rope in the whole State Department to demonstrate, "look, see?! It was official US business, simply to investigate Ukraine corruption, not just aid in federal elections."

This argument is weak in the wake of Trump's own release of the memo, where interest in Ukraine President is solely for the purpose of election interference, and Giuliani's play at making his communications seem officially State Department sanctioned, only make it clear that the State Department was aware of Trump/Rudy pressuring Ukraine for information on his political rival.

Nothing released from Giuliani indicates that the State Department ORDERED Giuliani to investigate corruption. And if that actually happened, there would be a clear memo/paper trail of official business. The fact that Giuliani/the State Department can't produce this probably means it never happened, and this is just blatant corruption.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering what Popehat just tweeted about, guess this was it.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
To quote a friend, "Rudy: I don't need to get away from this investigation; I only need to run faster than you ... and you ... and ...."

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

haha. Yeah right. That would mean they actually have a plan. They don't.

Trump fired everyone in the administration capable of putting together a plan.