• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like I'm missing something, done the 1st boss, explored every room in the 1st area but can't find the next heirloom at all

edit: found it lol

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Contact damage is not fun at all. Getting punted into an offscreen enemy sucks. I get that spacing is important but again - at the cost of fun.

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
Quick tip for people falling on enemies they can't see. Depending on how big the room is of course, but you can use the right stick to see a little past your initial view. I tend to hold the right stick up, for example, while jumping up ledges to see if there are enemies up there.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Those things are the real boss :P. Made me rage a bit cause I can't one shot them, made the life of my Ronin harder and switched it up.

NG+1 has made me feel I don't do enough damage. I'm afraid that the bosses are going to be damage sponges.
Having fun with the boxer, having my way with the enemies is hilarious "You! go to the corner"

Yeah I tried with Ronin first but gave up pretty quickly.

Ronin is proably my favorite to just go around the levels, but for bosses it was cool to use other classes that I ignored for most of the game like the bard, astromancer or duelist.

Boxer is really fun.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
How long is this game btw?

I'm loving it - curious how long the campaign usually takes folks.

It's going to depend entirely on your playstyle, skill level, and amount of experimentation you do. I'm at ~13 hours and almost got the third boss down, but I've been spreading my playtime between multiple classes a lot and doing a lot of exploration every run, and I'm also pretty bad at these Castlevania style games. If you focus on picking classes to optimize for a particular boss fight you could easily progress through the game way faster.

You can also lock the castle if you get a run with great relics and eliminate a lot of the RNG to speed things up too.

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
When I level a class up, I get a permanent upgrade to all classes, is that correct?
I'm about 4 hours in and 2 bosses down. Feel like it may depend on your gameplay style, I'm very reckless and die pretty often lol
Damn I must suck. I am st 3 hours and havnt even tried the first boss yet 😁

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
Is there a guide in terms of "optimal early upgrades" to take so I don't fuck myself?

I don't think there's an optimal path, but I found vitality, strength, rune weight and equipment weight upgrades to be the most useful to get stronger quickly. Crit upgrades don't seem to be worth it without putting a lot more points into those stats.

Any gold gain + stats are also helpful to decrease the grind.

Any tips on getting lots of red aether fast?

During the first playthrough I think the only way to get red aether efficiently is from those red portals and fairy chest. In NG+ and onwards farming bosses seems to be the quickest way to get red aether and ore.

When I level a class up, I get a permanent upgrade to all classes, is that correct?

Yup, those mastery bonuses apply to all classes.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I'm little hooked to this game already. Haven't beat the first boss, but managed to clutch win the second area boss. Making progress slowly but surely. Haven't used any house rules yet.

However, I wish the game gave me more health drops outside the drop rate increase relic, because the third area seems to give them only super rarely. I also feel some fairy chest rooms are impossible to do unless you have a correct class, which feels little bullshit to be honest. Also in some screens it's impossible to dodge all those projectiles/enemy spam unless you exit the room and reset the room, picking them one by one. Which feels like cheating sometimes, but if I have a trait that reduces my max HP every time I get hit, I sure as hell am going to cheese it, lol.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the Sun Tower area is no joke. It's taking some time to get the hang of, but I'm progressively getting less bad at it!
Also, wow, should've unlocked Ronin much sooner. Really powerful. So far, my favorites are Chef, Ronin and Valkyrie.

W8stoWy.png

Looks like it crossed the 5000 mark! Neato. Don't forget to leave a review, whether long or short, if you're comfortable doing so.

Last edited:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I got Charon's Scythe randomly last night.
For a good hour I was an absolute god.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, the Sun Tower area is no joke. It's taking some time to get the hang of, but I'm progressively getting less bad at it!
Also, wow, should've unlocked Ronin much sooner. Really powerful. So far, my favorites are Chef, Ronin and Valkyrie.

Yeah, the Ronin is super good. They are probably my favourite class and easily the one I am the most effective with (although I'm also partial to the Boxer now and then).

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm little hooked to this game already. Haven't beat the first boss, but managed to clutch win the second area boss. Making progress slowly but surely. Haven't used any house rules yet.

However, I wish the game gave me more health drops outside the drop rate increase relic, because the third area seems to give them only super rarely. I also feel some fairy chest rooms are impossible to do unless you have a correct class, which feels little bullshit to be honest. Also in some screens it's impossible to dodge all those projectiles/enemy spam unless you exit the room and reset the room, picking them one by one. Which feels like cheating sometimes, but if I have a trait that reduces my max HP every time I get hit, I sure as hell am going to cheese it, lol.

Totally agree - world 3 health drop is obnoxiously low. I'm still not even sure how to spot those random zombies that pop up. It's just damage city, which I guess fits the theme of that zone but still.

Too many bullets is a game wide issue for me still.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Totally agree - world 3 health drop is obnoxiously low. I'm still not even sure how to spot those random zombies that pop up. It's just damage city, which I guess fits the theme of that zone but still.

Too many bullets is a game wide issue for me still.

There's a slight glow effect kinda where they are.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
There's a slight glow effect kinda where they are.

I'll have to look for it more closely - only just got the
double jump
so the zone is slowly becoming more bearable, and luckily got the
Lilly of the valley
taken care of as well.

I'm enjoying pretty much every class at this point, but mage, archer, ronin and boxer have a special place in my heart. The only one that I actively avoid is the default sword because the shield sucks and is boring.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
I am absolutely adoring this game. It's built on so much from Rogue Legacy, I feel like there are so many more classes but maybe I just stuck with what I liked in the first game.

I'm assuming achievements are bugged too right, as I've beaten 2 bosses and both achievements are at 0.1% 👀

I've fought the 3rd boss once and seems like a lot of health but maybe the character I had just wasn't that strong. Was gonna finish up there but ended up playing another session and for whatever reason made it to the 4th area boss but turned back on that for now. Haha

So far, I've really liked the Valkyrie, Gunslinger, Assassin and Chef. I should purchase the upgrade to reroll as there are so many classes I've only used once or not at all.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I'm in the last biome and I swear this game gets better and better. What a surprise hit for me. I wanted to wait on my Deck, but I'll have it finished before it arrives Saturday.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This game has finally clicked for me after defeating the Axis Mundi boss and I ended up staying awake wayyyy too late last night.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe I've never thought of a weapon swap as a possibility for pacifist characters. Man.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I've never seen a weapon as a pacifist and if I do it'll be a bow or dragon lance I know it

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Patch 1.0.1 is out! Seems to address a bunch of stuff including economy, controls, crashes and a rework of the Dragon Lancer class.

store.steampowered.com

Rogue Legacy 2 - Rogue Legacy 2 – Patch v1.0.1 - Steam News

It’s been an incredible whirlwind this past week with the launch of Rogue Legacy 2! Thank you to everyone for the huge amount of support and feedback - the love we’ve received has been absolutely overwhelming. The glowing reviews and the sheer number of people playing has been far greater than...

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that the sequel doesn't support the Mac, when the first Rogue Legacy had very good Mac support. Did they change engines? I assume the first was Unity but I'm not sure.

Happy Puppy

Oct 29, 2017
Patch 1.0.1 is out! Seems to address a bunch of stuff including economy, controls, crashes and a rework of the Dragon Lancer class.

store.steampowered.com

It’s been an incredible whirlwind this past week with the launch of Rogue Legacy 2! Thank you to everyone for the huge amount of support and feedback - the love we’ve received has been absolutely overwhelming. The glowing reviews and the sheer number of people playing has been far greater than...
Sweet, hope it addresses my crashing issues.

Glad they made changes to the Dragon Lancer, he didn't feel that great to play. I wonder if others also dislike the Gunslinger, don't like them. Vertigo was complete shit, more of a neat thing but can't do a run like that.

cmcm750203

Banned
Dec 5, 2021
I love both of these games, but I really suck at them. I don't think I beat more than one boss in the first one and I can't even get to a boss in this one yet. Any tips? It seems like getting hit is very unforgiving.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I know there are basically gates to unlock things like new traits and new armor and rune drops. Is there that same thing for relics? It's the one area where I'm not feeling anything game changing from them really? Pretty much always hoping for the same 3 or 4. Is there some kind of gate that's locking more runes? At least I'm hoping, otherwise thats one area where I think the game may be lacking?

Happy Puppy

Oct 29, 2017
I love both of these games, but I really suck at them. I don't think I beat more than one boss in the first one and I can't even get to a boss in this one yet. Any tips? It seems like getting hit is very unforgiving.
There are modular difficulty settings in the game under house rules. Some turn on the no hit collision on enemies.

Classes with range can make for safer runes like Ranger or Valkyrie.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

store.steampowered.com

That's a pretty major patch, and so soon after release, too. Makes me wonder if I should actually stop playing the NG+s now (so I won't permanently burn out on the game) and do a full replay from the scratch later this year, could be a very different game then.

I know there are basically gates to unlock things like new traits and new armor and rune drops. Is there that same thing for relics? It's the one area where I'm not feeling anything game changing from them really? Pretty much always hoping for the same 3 or 4. Is there some kind of gate that's locking more runes? At least I'm hoping, otherwise thats one area where I think the game may be lacking?

I'm towards the end of NG+ and haven't noticed any new relics pop up so I don't think so, no.

I agree that the relics could play a bigger part, though. Very rarely find one that actually changes the way I'm playing the current character, usually they just boil down to minor damage or healing buffs, or trials that are simply way too risky (OHK for a time to get a relatively minor buff later on is a LOT).

Last edited:

Janus

Oct 18, 2020

store.steampowered.com

Pretty big patch. Anyone liking the reworked Dragon Lancer? That was one of my least favorite classes before this patch. Felt very clunky to play with.

Hoping it's better now.

Timcanpies

Sep 17, 2020
Pretty big patch. Anyone liking the reworked Dragon Lancer? That was one of my least favorite classes before this patch. Felt very clunky to play with.

Hoping it's better now.
Not sure why they're calling it a rework, it's mostly stat changes and it can now knock back bigger enemies and that's it

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Must admit, the Lancer was always one of my go to classes, they never felt massively underpowered compared to the others. That said I will happily take some buffs, turning the shield from a semi projectile immunity to an almost always projectile immunity will be useful.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
This thread made me buy the game, having loved the first one but never finishing it.

Loving everything so far, Ranger and Valkyrie classes are my favourite, though I've been screwed by a few funny traits creeping up on me.

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017

store.steampowered.com

Oh no, they removed Vertigo :-(
That was a fun trait imo.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about 4 hours in and 2 bosses down. Feel like it may depend on your gameplay style, I'm very reckless and die pretty often lol
Damn, still, thats pretty fast.

First estiary took a lot longer than I thought they would to beat and still only dipping my toes in the second area.

Game seems harder than the first Rogue Legacy but I'm not complaining.

Classes having some more diversity this time around adds so much.

I have no idea when Dragonlancer was thought up or added to the game but it has to be inspired by tge Monster Hunter Rise gunlance rocket dash, right? XD

StewboaT

Mar 6, 2018
Dragon lancer was one of the worst characters for me so I'm curious to test out these changes.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I loved Rogue Legacy but mannnn I'm rusty lol…getting back in the groove.

Game is amazing, loving the hell out of it and it looks so good on the Series X.