• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where are you stuck?

• Biome 1

Votes: 243 13.4%
  • Biome 2

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • Biome 3

Votes: 283 15.6%
  • Biome 4

Votes: 53 2.9%
  • Biome 5

Votes: 115 6.3%
  • Biome 6

Votes: 51 2.8%
  • I have beaten the game/Playing on NG+!

Votes: 881 48.6%

• Total voters

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Can you find the key to the house on each run? I got inside the first time, but died to the first boss. Since then, I haven't been able to find the key again?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For other psychonauts who dabble, this game is amazing coming off a tab. It's much more enjoyable experience than Control.

The flashing lights, colors are more vibrant, its fast paced (keeping you engaged) and to seal it off, that ethereal spacey music really does wonders.

It'll be one of your favorite gaming trips in awhile.

Oct 27, 2017
i think thats a good idea. having enough for the reconstructor is really important
I actually just beat the first boss on the run after this post. Had like 10% health too. It was an intense rush! Now I'm in the second area.

loving the risk v reward and the gun play.

forcing myself to stop playing because there are crazy storms in South TX right now so Idk want to have a great run cut short by a power outage lol

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
For other psychonauts who dabble, this game is amazing coming off a tab. It's much more enjoyable experience than Control.

The flashing lights, colors are more vibrant, its fast paced (keeping you engaged) and to seal it off, that ethereal spacey music really does wonders.

It'll be one of your favorite gaming trips in awhile.
I'm gonna just agree here. So good.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm not getting any of the notifications when friends die, or even seeing their corpses in game. Server issues or am I doing something wrong?

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I'm trying so hard to get into this but I usually can't find a path to progress 10 minutes into each run and I pause and do a new one. Do the biomes change or is it all grey mistfields? About 3 hours in.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
10 hours, reached the boss in 1st biome a few times and came close. However, still no house key??? What gives! Would really like that revive artifact one of the runs. Starting to think something is bugged. I check every triangle room every run.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing like having an extremely successful and all-around very fun 1+ hour run botched by PS5 randomly turning off by itself in the second biome. A game relying on such an utterly broken feature as PS5's rest mode (and further power issues) for keeping your progress is honestly a kiss of death. They should add a run-save possibility for this only, difficulty and challenge notwithstanding.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish the crash issue would be fixed.

I've been on the same run since this morning. Literally like 6 hours straight. Beat boss 1, boss 2, boss 3, (act 1) boss 4, and was on my way to boss 5. (This was all in a single life. No restarts) Had a respawn area ready, and an artifact to keep revive me on death.

heading to boss 5 and my entire PS5 crashes.
Really frustrating. Really think I could have beat every boss for the first time in that one singular run. Damn

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Ok what the hell is going on? Activated one if those random item fabricators. Can't pick up the item and door won't open. Another run with the drain.

Anything to do with the online sysem? Never occurred last night.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Those areas that disable dash and have red floor are stuff we cam explore with later upgrades right? Or am I missing something?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The pylon is probably the equivalent of a BFG in this game. Stake down a few and the the only thing you need to worry about is dodging projectiles while your stakes clear up the room for you. It racks up damage so quick.

Easily the best gun in the game imo, because I'm treating it like a fire-and-forget weapon.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Beat the third boss first go, good job I had an astronaut and a parasite that revives you. I barely got hit on the first two phases and was doing well but died twice on the last phase in part due to not understanding what was happening, I fell twice lol. Heart was in my mouth at the final moments.

Truly special game. I love it. Still have no idea whats happening in the story though.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Had a very long run and good gear. Even the resurrection astronaut. First boss only had a little bit health left but I fumbled into a not dashable orb. Feels bad man.

Parasite game is interesting since you can chain them in with the right consumable (was in a room full of them).

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
What....

Housemarque created the original Playstation 5 console reveal? Did someone notice how similar the extended transport effect is to the original bubble effect from the original console reveal?

I mean.... it's exactly the same but faster.... and molded into Selene's character.

images

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another attempt at boss two.

It was one last hit for him to die... and one last hit for me to die.

Of course I got the shorter end of the stick. Fuck!

#SleepTime

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
2nd boss has a readable pattern but somehow reach it with 8 level weapons that do an embarassingly low damage. Wish you could enhance weapons a la Dead Cells.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
2nd boss has a readable pattern but somehow reach it with 8 level weapons that do an embarassingly low damage. Wish you could enhance weapons a la Dead Cells.
I got him down to 1/3rd health on his last life bar last night with a level 8 weapon, so hopefully I can do better today. At least they put a shortcut halfway through the biome so you don't have to scale that whole fucking mountain again.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Just reached 3rd biome and starting to get more consumables. Carrying multiple vials now when that wasn't the case before

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Shame that the game doesn't have normal saves because if it had I would play even more, with the current structure I need to plan my day accordingly so I don't have to quit a run midway

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is obvious (you probably know it already), but it actually took me a while to figure out shields can be taken out with melee (and some alt modes).

Yeah, they probably just started to appear after I got the melee weapon.

With that said, this game is amazing. Got the first boss and went to the second part and thought it was way easier than the first, until I reached a part with like 10 enemies attacking me at once and my dash didn't work. Bye bye life.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Any pro tips on how to dodge Ixion when he does that flying charge thing? Can't seem to avoid damage when he does it.

Try to keep your distance from him so you're not too close to where the attacks are, then jump over the blue shockwave and immediately dodge over the projectiles. Biggest thing is just making sure you're not close to where he charges because if you are it's much more difficult to jump over that blue shockwave.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
O fuck. After i died to the first boss, his boss door was just behind the starting point. Died again and now it looks like faaar away. But i probably need the key again anyway.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Shame that the game doesn't have normal saves because if it had I would play even more, with the current structure I need to plan my day accordingly so I don't have to quit a run midway
Same. I've got to think "what are the chances my kids won't want to use Netflix or Disney+ today" when I'm considering playing Returnal. Very fucking annoying.

Funny how the current conversation around this game revolves almost entirely around the lack of save state - not the difficulty, because the difficulty is surmountable if you can play a game when it's convenient for you. Also the bugs would be far less serious and annoying if saves existed.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Same. I've got to think "what are the chances my kids won't want to use Netflix or Disney+ today" when I'm considering playing Returnal. Very fucking annoying.

Funny how the current conversation around this game revolves almost entirely around the lack of save state - not the difficulty, because the difficulty is surmountable if you can play a game when it's convenient for you. Also the bugs would be far less serious and annoying if saves existed.
Yeah and even the difficulty could be mitigated with saves, imagine getting the perfect run after 20 shitty ones only to have the game crash

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Try to keep your distance from him so you're not too close to where the attacks are, then jump over the blue shockwave and immediately dodge over the projectiles. Biggest thing is just making sure you're not close to where he charges because if you are it's much more difficult to jump over that blue shockwave.
You mean red shockwave? Phase three is melee.

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the second boss on the first go at it. Had a mean shotgun that did good damage and I had a strong health pack item as well. That boss's bullet hell section was super cool.

I really like the shotguns in this game. What are peoples go to weapon?