• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
thumb_its-happening-isnt-it-its-happening-isnt-it-gifs-51372754.png

Deleted member 27315

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It seems to be cross-gen though so I don't expect a generation leap from RE7.

''VGC also recently reported that Resident Evil 8 is in development with a 2021 release window for current and next-generation platforms.''

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully right as it would be a shame not to build on everything they did so well in RE7 for the sake of going back to third person for the mainline titles. Save that for the spin-offs and remakes.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a second RE title planned for release in 2020? I thought Dusk or some other person with industry knowledge said as such.

Oct 27, 2017
Please, Capcom/Sony.

If this is true, when the time comes for RE8, make a fucking PSVR bundle to get people on the bandwagon. A lot of folks forget that when RE7 was released, resellers were buying the damn headsets like crazy, so the vast majority never got to experience the game the way it was meant to.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I really will never understand this sentiment. It's like saying "music is not for me" after hearing a song you don't like, or saying "tv is not for me" because you didn't like the show you watched. Even more baffling when the sentiment comes from someone who has never tried VR at all, not that I'm saying you haven't. It's just VR is used for such a wide variety of experiences, that unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from using it at all, there is at least one use of the platform that is in fact, for you.
Gotta say for now video games in VR are not for me. Tried PSVR and I tried someone's pc headset as well I had fun but not those moments of complete aw that others have had. Definitely still interested in trying out videos in VR or things like Google earth. But I think I'm good on VR games for like 5-10 years.

Also not being interested in some mediums is fine lol. Not everyone likes everything. Like my own father literally doesn't watch tv and says "tv is not for me" lol.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Would love to have hands in it, which is impossible with PSVR. Put it on PC, even though RE7 on PSVR was incredible - it can be better.

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
I can't wait for Resident Evil 8 to get officially announced.

It's going to be an amazing clash between the VR Gaming Defense Force and the Anti First Person Alliance.

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
guys, i have the perfect locomotion solution for re8.

make movement use the fixed camera style from resident evil 1-3. when you aim it can pop into a first person or 3rd person fixed behind protagonist camera view. it would be like how first person worked in mgs 3.

dooo it. it'd be like moss mixed with half life alyx.

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping that the PC version will support every headset this time around, but I would buy a PSVR2 if I absolutely had to. RE7 was defining.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
There are a few different mod options that have been floating around since 2017, through vorpX, and the like.

Haven't tested them myself, but youtube gameplay seems pretty comparable to the PSVR version in the PC VR options.

Oh I'll have to check this out, thanks!

Iirc Alien Isolation had a VR mode in game but not complete and modders finished the job, not the case with RE7.

See I assumed it was the same since it already was a VR title but I guess they used one without/different version for PC. Based on the above person it seems to exist somehow so I will have to see if I can get it working lol.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
There are a few different mod options that have been floating around since 2017, through vorpX, and the like.

Haven't tested them myself, but youtube gameplay seems pretty comparable to the PSVR version in the PC VR options.
It's not really comparable as someone who's tried the vr mods. There's tons of issues, holding a gun in front of you for instance doesn't render in 3D so in your right eye you see a gun, and in your left you see a black textureless void, or that the blood overlay from taking damage completely obstructs your vision. I wanted it to work desperately but issues like that completely got in the way, could be specific to my headset but from what I dug up, things and fixes that worked around when the game came out were broken later by updates to RE7.

Alien Isolation however works flawlessly in modded VR, I was really impressed at how well it worked.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's true, I wasn't able to get a hard VR confirm but neither a deny. But I was thinking VR would probably end in, but thinking and knowing are different things.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I can only imagine how awesome RE8 would be if it supported PC VR with Touch/Knux support for aiming and the like. RE7 was awesome in VR, but it was kinda silly how I had to aim with my head. Not nearly as intense as some other horror VR games.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Could they push this as a launch game for PSVR2 or is 2021 too early for another headset?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Iirc Alien Isolation had a VR mode in game but not complete and modders finished the job, not the case with RE7.

I don't think it had VR mode in game, it was just an easy mod to pull off from what I understood. But man if a modder could do it, it would seem like easy money for SEGA to simply rerelease Isolation on PCVR and make some extra bucks off of it.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
That is amazing news.

*edit*
Goddammit... I resurrected a month old thread. Sorry about that. I was told there was new RE8 news by a friend, so I searched for it and this popped up. My bad, guys.

Last edited:

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Alyx was tough for me to get through at times because of the horror lol, I honestly cant imagine doing a full on 15 hour horror game In VR.