• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think the final Metacritic score may be?

• 91-100

Votes: 114 18.1%
  • 88-90

Votes: 207 32.9%
  • 83-87

Votes: 253 40.2%
  • 80-82

Votes: 42 6.7%
  • 75-79

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • <70

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this does nothing but reaffirm my stance that Capcom needs to stay the fuck away from RE4.

I'd still like to see an RE4 remake on the RE engine. Nobody's taking away your ability to play the original on GameCube, Wii, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd still like to see an RE4 remake on the RE engine. Nobody's taking away your ability to play the original on GameCube, Wii, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.
Remakes tend to become the "real" version of a game bar some exceptions. I'd rather not let RE4 be tainted by a game trying to ruin it for "realism."

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The negatives I'm reading don't seem huge to me. Its length is on par with other RE games, and it doesn't have two campaigns... which it never did.

Overall, the reviews are good, but I haven't read a review where I feel the reviewer justified a particularly low score. They read more like these reviewers never play average or even bad games, and stick strictly to the big budget AAA scene.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao they gonna go back and change RE4's source code in every version if they remake it?
Not what I said but ok.
CAPCOM isn't going to be like Blizzard and replace RE4 with REmake 4.
I mean in terms of what is regarded as the main and most important one. Like if there's any future reference the remake would be what's considered "canon."

I fully admit it's my own hang up but I don't want to see an RE4 that's trying to be "realistic and serious."

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I had problems with Mr. X's execution but I genuinely like the idea of a stalking enemy following you around. Nemesis is really scary the first time, then less scary after that, then he stops being scary entirely by about the third time. At that point he's basically a tank or truck chasing you down in an Uncharted game: a set piece and an excuse for you to run forward.
Thanks for the answer. Will see by myself how it plays out when it releases.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I didn't know this...maaaaaan.
Yeah, you should leave this thread if you don't want to get spoiled, people have no respect it seems.

Yeah... I was just commenting from a post a few posts up from my original that made a bullet-point list of things that seemingly didn't make it. That's the one main thing that stuck out to me. To be honest I'm glad I know now so I won't be disappointed this weekend.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
How short is this game? Seems like that's a major complaint. I have no interest at all in Resistance.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
It all started when they dressed Nemesis in stitched up trash bags. Shame they couldn't nail the dynamic nature of the Nemesis encounters, I was thinking they had good shot of topping even RE2 Remake. Even so, can't wait to play though it myself and Resistance has been a blast.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like i said in another thread, RE3 is cursed, forever to walk in the shadow of RE2.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I waited for RE2make to go on sale for $40 (great game, but didn't feel like dropping $60 for a sub-10 hour game) and it sounds like I'll wait until this is at least $30.

...in the meantime I should probably play the original RE3.

Labyrinthe

Mar 12, 2018
It all started when they dressed Nemesis in stitched up trash bags. Shame they couldn't nail the dynamic nature of the Nemesis encounters, I was thinking they had good shot of topping even RE2 Remake. Even so, can't wait to play though it myself and Resistance has been a blast.

Was it really dynamic? From what i remember on ps1, it was also scripted. Just well placed and more frequent.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Should have really done something like Outbreak rather than the cheap Dead by Daylight type knockoff, but Capcom gonna Capcpom.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Was it really dynamic? From what i remember on ps1, it was also scripted. Just well placed and more frequent.

That's a better way to put it, but the first time playing the original, Nemesis felt like like a constant unpredictable threat, especially since he was so frequently optional to fight. Sounds like in the remake you face him more often in a closed boss fight environment.

Lucent

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Was watching Eurogamer and they said
spiders
are cut and now I'm upset. I was already kind of upset about the short play time, but I was hoping to see those realized in the RE engine. I thought they were confirmed to be in. I'm a huge RE/horror fan, but I'm tempted to cancel for now. =/

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
For those complaining about the length, wait for a sale. RE1, 2, and 3 are all super short games. Like maybe 7 or 8 hours when you don't know what you're doing. These games are meant to be replayed over and over for faster times and other extras. If you don't wanna do that, you don't like it for the price. That said, it's pretty worrisome that reviewers are beating it in 5 hours for the first time. I know people are saying RE2 is just as long but I feel like it was a good two hours longer. If first timers are beating 3 in 5 hours (likely due to less puzzles and less backtracking), how short is it once you DO know what you're doing? An hour? What about speed runners? 30 minutes? I'm exaggerating but still.
I mean aside from 4 and 6 the whole series is short and 4 on a second run is not that long once you know what to do. The whole series is 8 hours or less aside from two games

Kobra_Zer0

Oct 27, 2017
These reviews are very disappointing for me since i have a fond spot for the original RE3, it's probably gonna be a good game but expectations were very high since the RE2 remake was pretty good. With all the mentions of iconic places being cut from the original ,nemesis not being an ever present threat focus and showing in scripted moments, this RE3 remake is definitely not day 1 material. Will buy it eventually. though.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean aside from 4 and 6 the whole series is short and 4 on a second run is not that long once you know what to do. The whole series is 8 hours or less aside from two games
How long is 5? Isn't 5 almost as long as 4? But yeah, people are complaining a lot about length when the majority of the series is extremely short, intentionally. It isn't till 4 when that changed a bit and then 7 went back to being like 2 hours once you know where everything is. It's nothing new so I'm confused.

curtismyhero

Aug 29, 2018
I am a bit shocked to see so many people canceling pre-orders. Namely because I've consistently seen the game for 10-20% off when pre-ordering. Seeing the game for such a lower price even before release tells me that capcom knew people would be upset with length and vent about the time to price ratio