• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Gotta say, I fucking love Jill's characterization in this game.
She does not take anyone's shit. Carlos, Nicholai, Nemesis... Girl's got an attitude, and I am 100% here for it.
2950ADFA001017BD8ED0199F76EB9A212575B3AB

She was very bland in RE3 outside of that though. At least they found each other:
336377953ec7981e36e51aab23278954.jpg

Carlos is 3 years younger btw. Age 21 and a communist. Yes. That´s real.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played the introduction and just the demo part

Enjoyed the fact the game starts on Jill's apartment (unlike the original) not so much the heavily scripted Nemesis chase with added QTEs. I had RE6 flashbacks.
Is a shame, because is one of the things that could have been expanded properly from the original.

How the hell are people playing this on Steam?

Is up on EU or use VPN

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I have my daughter on a mission to begin the download later tonight when daddy is at work, she better not fail me.

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
I finished it earlier; enjoyed it greatly. Gonna have to replay it multiple times to cement my opinion, but for now, it's easily on par with, if not outright better than RE2make.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have tips for how to best take out

Hunters? I killed the first one in the hospital without much problem, but the two from the linen room are giving me a lot of trouble.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
2hrs to go. Will be stopping at my local WAWA for a nice 24oz Dark Roast Coffee in about 1.5hrs. Gonna make it a long night 🙌🙌🙌

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Impressions ITT have made me want top buy this right now... why are you all doing this?!

Spawnsniper

Oct 28, 2017
Had the game from early morning, I have a relative that works at gamestop and gave me my copy early? But im barely gonna start this..

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
And while I am at it, the old epilogues:
30v9m92fqip01.jpg

About the final Umbrella one. Lol. STONKS killed them in the ultimate version of RE4 but Umbrella Corps and RE7 retconned that a bit. Just read the wikia.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
If it's not too much of a spoiler can anyone tell me if Nemesis drops any cool upgrades, or is it just ammo and the like? I'm really excited to get to play this soon, even if it's not the perfect recreation of the original I might have hoped. It still seems like a really fun game.

So, question to all of you; I was able to tolerate and play RE4, 5, 6 but I never played any of the originals because of the gore and how scary it was when I watched my dad play the games as a kid. Has this been toned down in the remake? Or should I go with the other option of buying FFVIIR?

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I don't know why anyone would be surprised that it's great. It's RE 2 remake with more zombies that aren't as annoying and a sweet dodge move. Plus the demo had better voice acting so far imo than Remake 2. People bitching are those that want it to be faithful to the original. I couldn't care less about that. Also, these games have never been long.

Does Nemi drop anything for downing him here?

According to a review I watched he does.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If it's not too much of a spoiler can anyone tell me if Nemesis drops any cool upgrades, or is it just ammo and the like? I'm really excited to get to play this soon, even if it's not the perfect recreation of the original I might have hoped. It still seems like a really fun game.
Yes, he can drop upgrades.

XBlade

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why anyone would be surprised that it's great. It's RE 2 remake with more zombies that aren't as annoying and a sweet dodge move. Plus the demo had better voice acting so far imo than Remake 2. People bitching are those that want it to be faithful to the original. I couldn't care less about that. Also, these games have never been long.

According to a review I watched he does.
Yeah you're right! He just droped something for me a few seconds ago.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Since people have started playing this already have the pre order Jill outfit images in game surfaced yet?

Oct 31, 2017
10 seconds in and I'm already stuck, unless the game is bugged.

Woke up, in 1st person, got a prompt (down arrow in a circle) on Jill's bedroom window and bathroom door, pressing every button on my controller and nothing is happening. Am I being really stupid and missing something? Or is it the game?

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Played about an hour last night, really good so far. I have a question: are there going to be more costumes or some kind of DLC?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am fucking stuck right off the bat.
At the fire hydrant needing to put out the fire. I have cleared every red area on my map outside of places with locks and one chained door cause I haven't found anything to open them yet.
What the fuck obvious thing am I missing?

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
I am fucking stuck right off the bat.
At the fire hydrant needing to put out the fire. I have cleared every red area on my map outside of places with locks and one chained door cause I haven't found anything to open them yet.
What the fuck obvious thing am I missing?

look in the train maintenance building behind moon donuts. You don't need bolt cutters like the demo [\SPOILER]

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Anyone have tips for how to best take out

Hunters? I killed the first one in the hospital without much problem, but the two from the linen room are giving me a lot of trouble.

Open the door gently and pop a grenade or flash grenade in there, then shoot one Hunter from the door. It takes an entire clip, usually. For the second one, the trick is that when you close the door, wait a few seconds, and go back in, it will respawn to the far left of the door. You can ambush it by opening the door slowly and shooting it out. Another grenade or flash grenade helps, too.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, question to all of you; I was able to tolerate and play RE4, 5, 6 but I never played any of the originals because of the gore and how scary it was when I watched my dad play the games as a kid. Has this been toned down in the remake? Or should I go with the other option of buying FFVIIR?

There is still plenty of gore in this game. Honestly while I think you should give it a go, it isn't for the squeamish as some of these monster forms are rather... off this time around.

If you don't think you can get over the aesthetics to enjoy the gameplay it self (since this one is meant for replays and quick run throughs) then FF7R is a much safer bet as it's longer and you wouldn't have to deal with the ick factor here ( well not too much ick. There are creatures that will have to be fought that wouldn't be out of place for a resident evil game)

Oct 25, 2017

there's a demo, play it and you'll already know what to expect.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhhh about to start but scared to do hardcore mode! Usually play standard and while a good player, it feels like enough of a challenge. But also want this game to last as long as possible during these times lol