• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
tce8NBu.gif

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I for one thought Mr. X was damn great and doubt i'll have problems with Nemesis.

I found him to be nothing more than a nuisance in my first playthrough, not "scary" since I knew running three rooms away, or simply ducking in a safe room for a bit would have him leave you alone for a while, and that was just a bunch of unnecessary pausing/backtracking just to get back to what you were originally doing. The only times he's truly a threat are those few scripted instances where you have to encounter and avoid him. Replayed it two more times recently and it wasn't really a big deal, but I made sure to clear out certain areas I knew I would have to be running back through with him chasing me beforehand.

I just hope that you can at least down Nemesis for a while like in the original, and he doesn't just incessantly follow you.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Looks good, smooth animations too. However, I need to see more of how he acts outside of cutscenes.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. Ideally I would want Nemesis to behave kinda like Mr. Freeze in Arkham City, hyper deadly and adapating to your tactics so the same tricks won't always work.

I wonder where the new stuff with Carlos and his team at the RPD fits in, an expanded prologue of sorts perhaps? Seems like we will playing as him for more than one section anyway.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Nice trailer but i don't like the new stars scream or the look of carlos, he looks like yakuza 7 protagonist, not like this dude
f5nNmq-15V2KKTZ4zq5d_AIcj80@350x658.jpg

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Was gonna get this Day One until this FF7 delay. April is just too packed and something had got to wait.

Anyway, trailer was fine I thought. Nemesis looks great imo too. Looking forward to reading impressions until I inevitably get it.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I found him to be nothing more than a nuisance in my first playthrough, not "scary" since I knew running three rooms away, or simply ducking in a safe room for a bit would have him leave you alone for a while, and that was just a bunch of unnecessary pausing/backtracking just to get back to what you were originally doing. The only times he's truly a threat are those few scripted instances where you have to encounter and avoid him. Replayed it two more times recently and it wasn't really a big deal, but I made sure to clear out certain areas I knew I would have to be running back through with him chasing me beforehand.

I just hope that you can at least down Nemesis for a while like in the original, and he doesn't just incessantly follow you.
I don't think your experience and dismissal of Mr. X as a mere nuisance who isn't scary isn't reflective of the general initial reaction most people have. I think your experience is the outlier, and I say this as someone who quickly grew used to him as well and tried many ways to see how I can manipulate his AI.

Lmao this looks funny as hell

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really have the proper vocabulary to express what I'm thinking, but from the... cinematography(?), aciting, framing, and editing, I'm getting serious C-tier hollywood movie vibes.

And that's not a bad thing?

Makes sense, this is resident evil.

That last scene, i like how they are going with a more violent, dangerous set of events.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when people said this game looked worse than RE 2 lol