• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I thought the same. This was like "THE MOMENT" in the original but they shifted its direction here. I still liked it but it's one of those moments where I wanted to get the RE2 nostalgia and to my complete surprise it just didn't have it whatsoever.

The CG-Videos are so good imo. The Birkin one is my favourite by far. One of the reasons i always play Claire first.

But yeah i was kinda dissapointed with the change in the remake. They're not bad at all but the old ones were really good. I can watch that today and still love them.

I appreciate that they tried to tell the stories without flashbacks but they could've done way more with that. A short playable part, like with sherry, would've been so awesome. I first thought we might get to replay them like in Resident Evil 7 but sadly no dice.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
So have we heard anything about this free DLC stuff that Capcom is working on? The free DLC for VII was pretty meh. Thinking about selling the game after I finish it.
I'm just a little concerned that their DLC for the game is this episodic content when previous rumors suggested it might've been some randomizer mode to add replayability to the campaign.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I absolutely love how the zombies you kill don't disappear. It's so great coming back into a room and remembering how you killed a zombie while looking at its bloody, limbless body. It adds A LOT to the atmosphere.

I don't know if this is based on the amount of time you spend on the game, or what, but I appreciated that there were corpses that never woke up for me, so I never quite new how safe or dangerous a room would be. It kept me on edge even when the game probably intended for a room to be safe.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With the lickers, as long as you aren't running, any walking speed is considered "okay" around them. Even though you can audibly hear the footsteps, it doesn't bother the lickers. They do get alerted and try to "investigate" where you are, but if you just keep moving they leave you alone as long as you don't touch them.

There are about 4 lickers in the game that do by default attack you the moment you see them though as a scripted event. One is coming outside of the kennel (not the two in the kennel), one is after the lady medallion with the C4, and the last two are in the lab. These you cannot sneak past no matter what, and I always save any flame rounds or magnum ammo I have for these encounters in my playthroughs.

That's not quite right. At least for me. I'm with you on the licker with the lady-medallion/C4 but the other 3 you don't have to fight.

Claire A:

1. The one outside the kennel. I saw him on the wall but he dashed oversome makeshift barricade and i didn't have to fight him.
2. The two in the lab (from above). You can just run past them and through the door. When you come back they calmed down and you can walk past them as with the others. THey attack you as soon as they can but you don't have to fight them.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
You need to get the "Hidden Place" film in the sewers first and then go back to the RPD to develop it. One of the hidden items is in Weskers desk, take that, but after that look again, there will be no bottom prompt, but press it anyway and you'll pick up the hidden film of Rebecca. You need to go back and develop that too.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The no ammo/ heals complaints on hardcore seem to be a bit exaggerated, through to parking lot I used maybe 3 full heals and there's still at least 4 in my box, haven't needed to touch the grenade launcher. Maybe people are trying kill everything?
Well, I think the fact that it's very challenging for RE2 fans is a triumph, but yeah, I think people are exaggerating its difficulty as well.

Having said that, I have only two full heals and three blue herbs just as I've evaded it for the first time.

Seriously people, just buy the original soundtrack. It literally made the game OBJECTIVELY BETTER, I'm not even joking.
I haven't even played the original RE2 and yet the original soundtrack made it so much more enjoyable it's insane, I literally restarted my playthrough because of how good it is.
It's not just nostalgia factor, it's the difference between no music and great music.

It doesn't matter if you played the original game or not, the old soundtrack made this game objectively better.

Yes I know, fuck Capcom, but are you really gonna ruin the best experience over just 3 dollars?
I agree with this too! REmake 2's soundtrack is great but it's so utterly absent that the original wins by default. A shame, but it is a fantastic soundtrack?

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
That's not quite right. At least for me. I'm with you on the licker with the lady-medallion/C4 but the other 3 you don't have to fight.

Claire A:

1. The one outside the kennel. I saw him on the wall but he dashed oversome makeshift barricade and i didn't have to fight him.
2. The two in the lab (from above). You can just run past them and through the door. When you come back they calmed down and you can walk past them as with the others. THey attack you as soon as they can but you don't have to fight them.

As far as the lab goes, your strategy works, but it still stands that you can't really sneak past them on the first encounter. Which is naturally what most people will try and do.

The one outside the Kennel, you can see him on the ceiling before he jumps at you, and you can shoot at him quick before he gets you, but if you try and sneak past you he will lunge at you. If you run back in the kennel, it's a crapshoot as to whether it runs away or not I've found as he had in a couple of my playthroughs but did not on a couple others.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes it is

Also fuckkkkk me, Claire B gets hard so damn quick, game throws a lot of shit at you really fast

Start of Claire B fucked me up. So many locked doors and dangerous runs to make. I only had one green herb left by the first boss. Impressed with the change ups, even if you have to repeat most things.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i just realised that capcom released onimusha and resident evil one week apart, wow they have balls
Been playing this game at a slow pace, just enjoying every moment because i don't want it to end. I miss games like this.
With 4 campains, 2 games modes unlockable and one game mode in free dlc coming in a few months, you are good to go my friend

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You can return to the police Station after the sewers?

Well I know I can reach the area where I fight for first time William, but I wonder how to reach a place to develop the film I found in the sewers...

Oct 27, 2017
I think I experienced a glitch trying to avoid that Licker on Claire A in the kennel. I noped the fuck out of there in the hopes that it would move, then immediately got grabbed by one of the zombies that had spilled out of the morgue. The door and zombie seemed to glitch out and Claire "escaped" the zombies grab, leaving me to walk back into the kennels where as luck would have it the licker did move. Managed to leg it back out the other side before either of them could get me.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, will look into doing some mods maybe :)
Honestly, now that someone brought up the footsteps being de-accentuated, I might try to import the original footsteps or REmake's footsteps somehow.

Would such a thing even be possible?

im-something-of-a-scientist-myself-34965820.png

Oct 25, 2017
I was going for the platinum and basically all I need is the collectibles trophies. It's lame as hell each scenario has unique collectibles. I've played this game through like 8 times since launch and I don't think I can stomach another 4 playthroughs.

Oct 29, 2017
I was able to play through Leon A and Claire B over the weekend (a feat in itself) and I loved every minute of it. Claire's run felt like it started really quick but then it seemed to slow down as I progressed.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Which Samurai Edge model is probably the best to use?
From the descriptions I've picked the Albert model.

Also, what the fuck at the Knife having a stamina bar? What fucking idiot came up with that bullshit?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, at least on Leon's run there's an audible cue for this too.

My brain had gone fuzzy by that point too after having abit of a nightmare in the sewers, so I couldn't even remember how to get back.

Claire says it to -- "I better check everything... there's no turning back"

As for how to get back to the station:

There is a hidden passage behind a shelf in the workers room, it leads to the underground area at the bottom of the stairs (with the locked chest requiring STARS badge) -- you need the tool you find in the sewer to re-open the statue (at least on A scenario? believe its always open in B)

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where the heck do I get back out of the sewers? Want to go back to the police station before hitting the cable car.

Shifty1897

Oct 28, 2017
Yup, I agree. It's pretty much the same game with different cutscenes, few added rooms and one different part. People hyped it up to be something else.

I actually was surprised by how much changed. When I read the updated IGN review they made it sound like literally only the cutscenes changed.

Turns out you also have some new environments, enemies, setpieces, weapons, and item locations. The path through the police station is different and Mr. X is way more present in B.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I don't know if this is based on the amount of time you spend on the game, or what, but I appreciated that there were corpses that never woke up for me, so I never quite new how safe or dangerous a room would be. It kept me on edge even when the game probably intended for a room to be safe.

YES! Not knowing 100% if a zombie is dead is genius. I also really love it when some of them come back to life and crawl at you with no legs while moaning. It never gets old!

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
This game has actually startled me a few times, lol. Loving the atmosphere.