• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I really feel as though they should have saved Mr. X for a B-Side playthrough only, ala The originals. He really changes the game in a crazy way, and if things are left for later that you could have done before his arrival, it just makes everything more frustrating an regrettable. I was finally able to get everything I missed despite his nuissance of an existence, but it took many retries and a lot of trial and error.

He would have been the absolute perfect way to switch up and define a second playthrough, not completely hijack the first, IMO.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To unlock the
infinite ammo pistol do you have to beat both A and B with an S-rank, or just one of them?

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Playing on hardcore is seriously halting my progress, I like the more classic feeling but zombies are seriously bullet sponges and deal crazy damage.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had a nightmare about this game last night. I'd say a horror game is pretty great if it manages to pull that off.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I really feel as though they should have saved Mr. X for a B-Side playthrough only, ala The originals. He really changes the game in a crazy way, and if things are left for later that you could have done before his arrival, it just makes everything more frustrating an regrettable. I was finally able to get everything I missed despite his nuissance of an existence, but it took many retries and a lot of trial and error.

He would have been the absolute perfect way to switch up and define a second playthrough, not completely hijack the first, IMO.

Inclined to agree. Or use him very sparingly in A and save him mainly for B.

He's great but his appearences in A effectively make it Resident Evil 2: Nemesis.

Once he's appeared, 95% of it is hearing his footsteps. Just needs edging off a little

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
What order do people recommend doing the 2 playthroughs?

I know the original 'cannon' was Claire A - Leon B, but not sure how much it matters this time.

Oct 25, 2017
Was really low on ammo when Mr. X started to chase me.
Turns out I save a lot of ammo when I'm too busy running to fight anything.
It's intense, which is great, but it also kinda ruins the exploration aspect.
I'm not sure if he was this relentless in the original, since I played it on Easy, where he just kinda stays near the helicopter crash.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
MR.X is making me hate the game... The should have use it only in B not in A.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When Mr. X shows up

fb0.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
What order do people recommend doing the 2 playthroughs?

I know the original 'cannon' was Claire A - Leon B, but not sure how much it matters this time.
It matters way less in this game. The first character has a more cutscene heavy first act with Marvin, the second gets a little extra at the end. I went with Leon first then Claire, and I think it worked really well. Claire's character-only cutscenes clarify some info you learn during the Leon run in a way that worked surprisingly well, and the Claire-only sections of the police station helped make the second run feel fresher. (Leon has some too, I just prefer Claire's.)

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
When does the tyrant appear? It sounds like it's almost ruining people's experience. I just to the part
where the helicopter crashed & Marvin passed out in the main lobby.

Korosenai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I could never play this game because just watching streams of it gives me insane anxiety, but it does look amazing.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was really low on ammo when Mr. X started to chase me.
Turns out I save a lot of ammo when I'm too busy running to fight anything.
It's intense, which is great, but it also kinda ruins the exploration aspect.
I'm not sure if he was this relentless in the original, since I played it on Easy, where he just kinda stays near the helicopter crash.

In the original his appearances are scripted.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
When does the tyrant appear? It sounds like it's almost ruining people's experience. I just to the part
where the helicopter crashed & Marvin passed out in the main lobby.

get the three medallions, leave the police station for a bit, when you return to the station you meet him when he moves the helicopter out of the way

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished Leon A on Normal, excellent game though my stats were terrible (C...). One question to people (quite big spoilers):

When you meet mr. X again in the Plant 43 area, as soon as he broke through the window I hightailed it back to the ladder and the lower level of the facility. I took the detour from there, but went back to unlock the lvl 3 computer, and saw him roaming around in the terrarium. Can he actually move away from the terrarium and stalk you throughout the facility or is he confined to that area only?

Oct 25, 2017
Reading that there is more Mr X in Route B kinda makes me not want to play Route B (although I obviously will) cause I found those sections with him super tedious and annoying. He is way too slow and dumb to be scary for me. He's just an nuisance, stomping around and killing the creepy atmosphere.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Met my first licker, wasn't as tanky as some here made it out to be? Like 4 point blank shotgun shots took the boyo out.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Reading that there is more Mr X in Route B kinda makes me not want to play Route B (although I obviously will) cause I found those sections with him super tedious and annoying. He is way too slow and dumb to be scary for me. He's just an nuisance, stomping around and killing the creepy atmosphere.
Same.

He's single handedly keeping this game from being one of my favourite games of all time.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Just finished Leon A as a first time RE2 player and I have to say the game is awesome. If Claire B is up to par with Leon A, then this will be one of my favourite games of all time. I just hope that MR. X is as annoying in B, but the reactions here make me afraid.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I'm so enjoying this! It's so rare for me to like a survival horror game, yet this still manages to have a very good pacing and design.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Does the game eventually supply more boards than windows? I boarded up all windows before leaving the station and have 2 boards left.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Mr x feels like a different kind of psycho on my second run or maybe its because I left more zombies and lickers around and im going for a faster run.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Question about a character you meet during Claire.

Please don't tell me this Irons character is a pedophile.