• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like capcom bet on the wrong horse when it comes to making a physical release.
RE4 is in the top 6 or higher for Eshop Sellers.

RE0 and REmake are no where to be found.

I mean, I could have told them that. 0 would be the last of the three games I'd have released physically, the game is good but REmake is still my favourite remake of all time, and RE4 is practically my favourite game of all time. The choice was clear. Ah Capcom, I'll never understand you...

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it didn't help to release all 3 titles at once and priced the way they were. Still, RE4 being in 6th seems fairly high to me for being priced as it is.

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
Well, seems that I can't finish the Switch version of RE4 without deaths. Thanks to the glitched QTEs, the escape from the giant Salazar statue in the castle is impossible on the first try. Doesn't matter how fast I mash the button, Leon just doesn't take up speed. Only after getting killed once is it that the QTE works as intended. I guess the game lowers the difficulty of the QTEs when you die. This really kills my enjoyment of the game right now. So basically the player gets punished here for Capcom's technical incompetence :/

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like capcom bet on the wrong horse when it comes to making a physical release.

Could RE0 not be listed on the eShop bestsellers because people are buying it physically instead? One would think the digital-only titles would have higher digital sales, right?

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
How scary are Resident Evil 1 and 0? I don't play many horror games (I'm a sissy), and when I do I stick to action-oriented ones like The Evil Within 2 and Resident Evil 4 where I can blast my way through most situations. On the fence about picking up 1 and/or 0.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
How scary are Resident Evil 1 and 0? I don't play many horror games (I'm a sissy), and when I do I stick to action-oriented ones like The Evil Within 2 and Resident Evil 4 where I can blast my way through most situations. On the fence about picking up 1 and/or 0.
You got through The Evil Within and are worried about how scary RE1 and 0 are? Wow. Worry no more then XD

Oct 27, 2017
Well, seems that I can't finish the Switch version of RE4 without deaths. Thanks to the glitched QTEs, the escape from the giant Salazar statue in the castle is impossible on the first try. Doesn't matter how fast I mash the button, Leon just doesn't take up speed. Only after getting killed once is it that the QTE works as intended. I guess the game lowers the difficulty of the QTEs when you die. This really kills my enjoyment of the game right now. So basically the player gets punished here for Capcom's technical incompetence :/
That sucks, are you playing handheld or docked?
That's a big set piece so the framerate might be dropping and interfering with the QTE inputs.
Try it undocked and maybe the slightly better framerate will alleviate the problem.

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
That sucks, are you playing handheld or docked?
That's a big set piece so the framerate might be dropping and interfering with the QTE inputs.
Try it undocked and maybe the slightly better framerate will alleviate the problem.
I just play the game undocked. Framerate is stable in this sequence, so that wasn't the problem. In the end, I managed to beat it without dying by detaching the Joycons, holding the right Joycon in my right hand and hammering the Y button like crazy with my left index finger. A painful experience =.=' I'd hope Capcom fix the QTE/60fps problem, but who am I kidding? They won't.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Releasing RE Origins for $60 at retail with frickin' RE0 as the chosen game on the cart is quite literally Capcom's most braindead decision this entire console generation.

These games absolutely deserve to fail on Switch. And I say this as someone who will eventually own them all.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Releasing RE Origins for $60 at retail with frickin' RE0 as the chosen game on the cart is quite literally Capcom's most braindead decision this entire console generation.

These games absolutely deserve to fail on Switch. And I say this as someone who will eventually own them all.
Their most braindead decision is not releasing RE4 at retail at all. RE0 as the card game makes sense since it fits on the 16GB card and REmake is larger.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
You got through The Evil Within and are worried about how scary RE1 and 0 are? Wow. Worry no more then XD
I think I heard that the the first The Evil Within is scarier? I only played the sequel. The Evil Within 2 definitely had some scary set pieces, but I found that the semi-open world aspect reduced the overall tension, as I felt a sense of security that if anything went to shit (like drawing aggro on a ton of enemies accidentally), I could just run away and "reset" the scenario. It also helped that in the outside areas of The Evil Within 2 you can take as much time as you want, working slowly and methodically, rather than having a ton of pressure that you'd feel in a confined interior area.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Been playing RE4 handheld, have not had any issues with the QTEs despite them being screwed up by the framerate. You just gotta click Y fast to run, but not THAT fast. I didn't even have to adjust or use my index finger, my thumb was more than sufficient.

It's a solid port, but it's JUST a port. If you want RE4 handheld, this is it. I'd have liked a lower price and gyro controls, but to be honest I still don't care. I wanted portable RE4, I got it.

Hyped to play portable REmake next. All my dreams coming truuuuueeeeee!

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I didn't even know REmake had DLC.

I know RE0 does.

Also, would DLC costumes add a gigabyte to the file size?

Edit - wait a sec, REmake on the eShop says it only requires 14.4gb of space, not 16+gb. now I'm confused.
必要な容量 16.2GB JP
Rom File Size 14.5GB US
Download size 15543.04 MB EU

that's what the websites say. Jawmuncher based his OP on the JP file sizes info. regardless, all versions should be the same since they have all languages.
what I still haven't seen talked about anywhere is whether the Japanese version includes the (JP-only) remastered Wesker Reports, like the PS4 versions.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing RE4 handheld, have not had any issues with the QTEs despite them being screwed up by the framerate. You just gotta click Y fast to run, but not THAT fast. I didn't even have to adjust or use my index finger, my thumb was more than sufficient.

It's a solid port, but it's JUST a port. If you want RE4 handheld, this is it. I'd have liked a lower price and gyro controls, but to be honest I still don't care. I wanted portable RE4, I got it.

Hyped to play portable REmake next. All my dreams coming truuuuueeeeee!
Gyro controls would've been the dream. My first (and second) time playing RE4 was on the Wii; it feels so weird playing it without gyro controls. My aim was so much better with gyro too.

Have any of the RE4 ports allowed you to change aim sensitivity? The default feels too slow for me.

Apr 19, 2018
Been playing RE4 handheld, have not had any issues with the QTEs despite them being screwed up by the framerate.

Same. I've never had an issue with any of the HD version ports before though, so I never even realized it was a problem that existed.

Then again, I was bred on the Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden titles (on the higest Turbo speeds) of rapid-fire gaming, so maybe I'm just inherently fast? =P

Last edited:

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
After doing the chainsaw sisters route in RE4, I definitely felt the effects of the aiming bug. It's annoying but not impossible to deal with. It's wait disappointing they didn't fix it in this version though. I might need to go pull out my GameCube and copy of the game and test the difference. I noticed it in particular trying to aim at heads. The reticle seemingly changes sensitivity on the fly and go past what you're trying to aim at.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Just popping in to say that someone hacked into the leaderboards (no, you can't finish the game within exactly 30 minutes) who is called 'Add Gyro' :D

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

I was doing fine as well until the minecart ledge one. Needed to put down the controller on a flat surface and leverage my arm for that one 😂

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
Could RE0 not be listed on the eShop bestsellers because people are buying it physically instead? One would think the digital-only titles would have higher digital sales, right?
Traditionally, most physically released games have had enough digital buyers to crack the charts. Only seeing RE4 but not RE:Make or Zero surprises me. Seemed like Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 charted way higher than Collection 1, which I thought was due to people redeeming codes from the physical version. But maybe I assumed wrong or I'm misremembering, or Nintendo changed charting rules for "free" downloads.

Oct 28, 2017
Huh. Did the PS4 version not have an option to select difficulty at the start either? Really weird that there's no difficulty options here. I know pro is only unlocked when beating the game, but the original has normal and easy options. Really odd thing to remove.

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else have a tough time finding a physical copy of the Origins collection? All the EBs around me were sold out on release day (only got 2 copies each apparently), amazon.ca didn't even bother to sell it, and best buy removed the listing after release day. Finally ended up finding a copy in a drugstore last night. They only got two copies and it looked like someone stabbed through the center of the other copy with an ice pick.

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Huh. Did the PS4 version not have an option to select difficulty at the start either? Really weird that there's no difficulty options here. I know pro is only unlocked when beating the game, but the original has normal and easy options. Really odd thing to remove.
What region is your Switch copy from and what region was your previous copy from?

The European versions let you choose between Normal and Easy, the japanese version even has an additional Very Easy mode, don't remember what it's called, but for the US version it's always been Normal only. (And later Professional of course.) This regional difference has been the case for *every* version, dating all the way back to the original Gamecube version.

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017

For REmake, RE0 or RE4? I know you can select difficulty in REmake for sure.

Oct 28, 2017
What region is your Switch copy from and what region was your previous copy from?

The European versions let you choose between Normal and Easy, the japanese version even has an additional Very Easy mode, don't remember what it's called, but for the US version it's always been Normal only. (And later Professional of course.) This regional difference has been the case for *every* version, dating all the way back to the original Gamecube version.
UK in every version I own. And my Switch copy is from the UK Eshop. I guess they made the Switch EU version the same as US this time.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to the water room with not a whole lot of ammo in RE4. I actually liked this room and it's even cooler since I have to be resourceful and abuse the melee more, and knife dudes that are down.

This port ain't the best but it's still RE4 on Switch, which I wanted.

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's been too long since I last played REmake. I was sure the Crimson Heads didn't appear till after you killed the Elder then nearly dropped my controller when I went to burn a zombie and he popped up lmao

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I should wrap up RE4 on Switch tonight. I've now played it on 7 systems, probably over 25 times total. I feel compelled to pick up every item, and I've long since chosen my preferred weapons, so most of my playthroughs have been very similar.

But this time, the ammo drops have been bonkers as hell. In the beginning of the game, it wouldn't stop showering me with rifle ammo. I was using the rifle on groups of Ganados because it's all I had. In the middle, it was handgun ammo. I've never had so much. But I had to use it all when the game stopped giving me shotgun ammo for a couple hours. Now, near the end, I haven't had a handgun ammo drop from an enemy since before the Salazar boss fight. I've been out since not long after, except for pre-determined (I think) pickups from cases or barrels. I've been having to knife-only kill every lone enemy, so I can save my shotgun rounds for groups and tougher ones. I've only just barely had enough rifle ammo to kill the Regenerators.

It's been interesting, I'll give it that. But something is up.

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
I should wrap up RE4 on Switch tonight. I've now played it on 7 systems, probably over 25 times total. I feel compelled to pick up every item, and I've long since chosen my preferred weapons, so most of my playthroughs have been very similar.

But this time, the ammo drops have been bonkers as hell. In the beginning of the game, it wouldn't stop showering me with rifle ammo. I was using the rifle on groups of Ganados because it's all I had. In the middle, it was handgun ammo. I've never had so much. But I had to use it all when the game stopped giving me shotgun ammo for a couple hours. Now, near the end, I haven't had a handgun ammo drop from an enemy since before the Salazar boss fight. I've been out since not long after, except for pre-determined (I think) pickups from cases or barrels. I've been having to knife-only kill every lone enemy, so I can save my shotgun rounds for groups and tougher ones. I've only just barely had enough rifle ammo to kill the Regenerators.

It's been interesting, I'll give it that. But something is up.

Agreed. At least in my case I can confirm as well. I've never seen as many rifle ammo drops in the first 1/4 of the game as I have this playthrough. I've had to drop back and use rifle multiple times as I was out of handgun ammo and didn't want to waste the shotgun.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. At least in my case I can confirm as well. I've never seen as many rifle ammo drops in the first 1/4 of the game as I have this playthrough. I've had to drop back and use rifle multiple times as I was out of handgun ammo and didn't want to waste the shotgun.

Thanks. Good to know it's not just my Switch.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
ok guys, so what is the verdict?

I am planning to buy the RE collection for switch physical, I have GCU so $48.

Is it worth it if I plan to play mainly undocked?? Other than worse loadings, any other major issues that breaks the gameplay??

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
ok guys, so what is the verdict?

I am planning to buy the RE collection for switch physical, I have GCU so $48.

Is it worth it if I plan to play mainly undocked?? Other than worse loadings, any other major issues that breaks the gameplay??

I'm pretty happy with all of them and I've been playing primarily undocked. They're all really meat and potatoes ports with not much to make them stand out, but I haven't come across any real issues with any of them either. IMO the prices are a little high for what's on offer, but if you're getting the collection for $48, that's not bad. The loading times are a little longer, but they didn't really bother me. REMake looks great on the Switch screen.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty happy with all of them and I've been playing primarily undocked. They're all really meat and potatoes ports with not much to make them stand out, but I haven't come across any real issues with any of them either. IMO the prices are a little high for what's on offer, but if you're getting the collection for $48, that's not bad. The loading times are a little longer, but they didn't really bother me. REMake looks great on the Switch screen.

Thank you for the impression