• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yo I almost missed this thread. I think it should be stickied. Muzy maybe you could PM a mod about it?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - The ultimate remake. One of my favorite games of all time. Against all odds, everything we have seen about this game has blown me away: graphics, combat, dialogue, music, faithfullness to the original, etc. That's not something that can usually be said of a JRPG, less so of one made by Square in the past ten years. But here we are. I am extremely excited.
  2. Resident Evil 3 - Another remake of one of my favorite games of all time too. After Resident Evil 2 has firmly lodged itself in my list of favorite games of the generation, my level of excitement at the thought of playing an RE3 remake that had the same design applied to it could barely make me any more excited.
  3. Persona 5: Royal - Persona 5 was fantastic, and the idea of replaying it with added content and quality-of-life features is very appealing to me.
  4. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - I got into the Yakuza series with 0, and have become a lifelong fan since. Having the series wipe the slate clean by jumping to a new protagonist as well as by introducing a brand-new combat system was the perfect move.
  5. Axiom Verge 2 - The original Axiom Verge is a fantastic metroidvania. More of that is very exciting indeed!
  6. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I have never played an Animal Crossing game before. I think now is the perfect time to get into it!
  7. Cyberpunk 2077 - This game looks like a hell of an RPG, and might just be CD Projekt Red's magnum opus. Fingers crossed that it delivers.
  8. Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - I have never played the original Vampire, but this one got me excited because of its open-ended nature and of how much talent is behind it.
  9. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - I have never played the original Ori, but I intend to do so very soon as I am a big metroidvania fan and I have heard only but good things about it. The sequel looks fantastic.
  10. Doom Eternal - I haven't been much of a shooter guy since... Bad Company 2, I guess. But 2016's original Doom reboot grabbed me by the balls and wouldn't let go. It was so fucking refreshing to play a shooter that has more thought put into it than "left trigger + right trigger" tired design. The sequel looks improved from the original in possibly every way; that is very excited indeed.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
  1. The Last Of Us Part II - My favorite game of last gen returns. Been antecipating this one like crazy since I finished the first one.
  2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - The most awaited remake of a game ever.
  3. Ghost Of Tsushima - Love the theme, the developer and how beautiful it is.
  4. Resident Evil 3 - One of my favorite franchises got a stellar remake of RE2. This one will be amazing too.
  5. DOOM Eternal - Doom return to glory continues.
  6. Cyberpunk 2077 - I trust the developer.
  7. Dying Light 2 - Loved the first one. Played a lot early in the gen.
  8. Kerbal Space Program 2 - I just love this game. I can spend hours in it without getting tired.
  9. Nioh 2 - It should have been higher because I love the first game BUT watching the videos from the sequel just looks a lot like more of the same. Hope I'm wrong.
  10. Dreams - Went from zero hype to quite excited after seeing the creations. This game is nuts already.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
  1. Resident Evil 3 - my favourite of the og RE games is being remade! Re2 was one of my favourite games of 2019 and RE3 has thr potential to be even better, cannot wait.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - The Witcher 3 became one of my favourite games of all times and CDPR gained my trust implicitly.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - Extremely cool setting, Sony pedigree, excited for this, hope it's great.
  4. The Last of Us 2 - Narrative pedigree is unquestioned, I am not the biggest fan of naughty dogs gameplay which is why this drops to 4 for me.
  5. Dying Light 2 - Dying Light was one of the bes surprises of the generation, can't wait for the sequel.
  6. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - Sequel to a cult classic, missed out on the first don't intend to miss this one.
  7. Carrion - Love the premise of playing as the monster and love the thing vibes.
  8. Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope - Love this style of game.
  9. Unto the end - Beautuful looking indie game with exciting looking combat and platforming gameplay.
  10. Final Fantasy 7 - Never played the original, might finally check out this famous game.

Last edited:

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason, GOTY threads always get a sticky and not this. But now even OST of the year gets stickied, while this stays in the mud, with a more strict deadline to boot!

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
  1. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - I love Yakuza and I love turn based RPGs, what could I be more excited for?
  2. Resident Evil 3 - The moment the RE2 remake was announced I was imagining a potential RE3 remake. Seeing it happening so soon is incredible!
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Final Fantasy is very special to me. And while VII is probably my least favorite PS1 FF, I'm still very much looking forward to the remake.
  4. Bravely Default II
  5. 12 Minutes
  6. Digimon Survive
  7. Doom Eternal
  8. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
  9. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  10. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

Raylan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part II - Part II of Naughty Dog's game of the generation. I can't be more excited.
  2. Ghost of Tsushima -
  3. The Dark Pictures: Little Hope -

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Animal Crossing New Horizons - I've been waiting for this game for so long. AC is perfect for the switch and I need my fix.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - everything I've seen or heard about the game sounds great. I hope it lives up to the hype.
  3. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 - Hope it's better than the first game.
  4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - loved the first one.
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - the original got a lot of praise and I didn't get a chance to play it.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
  1. The Last of Us Part II - follow up to one of my top 10 all time
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Ghosts of Tsushima
  4. Final Fantasy 7 Remake
  5. Yakuza 7 Like a Dragon
  6. Resident Evil 3 Remake
  7. Doom Eternal
  8. Nioh 2
Honorable mentions since I'm not sure of release: Bayo 3, Elden Ring, BotW2

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I can finally see what everyone's going on about.
  2. Granblue Fantasy Versus - Great character design, an extensive single player campaign, and easy to pick up and learn
  3. Resident Evil 3 - After playing RE2 I finally understand the appeal of these games
  4. Ghost of Tsushima - Most anticipated Playstation first party exclusive, I really hope the combat can surprise me like how Spider-man did
  5. Guilty Gear Strive - GGX2 was one of the first fighting games I actually put in time for so I really want it to be good.
  6. Persona 5: Scramble - Real Time action Persona is something I wanted for a long time
  7. Nioh 2 - I loved the first game, I hope I have time for the sequel
  8. Persona 5: Royal - I loved the vanilla game, not entirely sure if I have time for the new version
  9. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - This game is bullshit crazy

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Animal Crossing New Horizons - I don't know if this my most anticipated game or the game I dread the most. The amount of time I sank into new leaf was scary, this could be worse especially with 4 player local coop.
  2. Streets of Rage 4 - I loved playing Streets of Rage 1 and 2 on my mega drive. The nostalgia will be strong with this one.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
1 ghost of tsushima - love sucker punch, love the setting
2 cyberpunk 2077 - need no introduction
3 TLOU2 - same as above

Klart

Jan 23, 2019
  1. Streets of Rage 4 : the best brawler in the world returns and it's looking fabulous. How can you not be excited?

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - Finally got round to playing Witcher 3, had so much fun with the game and didn't want it to end. Can't wait to see what CDPR have next.
  2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - I love 2D platformers and I loved playing the original on the Switch, one of the best platformers I've ever played.
  3. Doom Eternal - Was extremely disappointed it got delayed, but from what I've seen it looks like Doom 2016(which was amazing) cranked up to the next level.
  4. The Last of Us pII - The first game is probably my favourite game of all time, this would be higher if it had Multiplayer.
  5. Dying Light 2 - First one was probably the biggest surprise of this gen, went in with little expectation but the gameplay and mechanics felt soo good. Can't wait for the sequel, hopefully they've improved the story.
  6. Minecraft Dungeons - I love Minecraft so Minecraft meets Diablo got me hooked straightaway.
  7. Watch Dogs Legion - I've played the first one and enjoyed it but ultimately was disappointed, skipped the second one but the systems they showed of in this game got me excited again.
  8. Halo Infinite - Game is going to launch with the Xbox Series X, so will only play it day1 if the reviews have been amazing for it. To me this is 343i last chance to show they really get Halo.
  9. Ghost of Tshushima - I like Infamous SS but wasn't amazed by it, to me this game could be Sucker Punch's Horizon0Dawn moment.
  10. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Never been into FF but I hear 7 is one of the best ones so excited to give it a go.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  1. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - i never played the first game, but had an amazing time with 2. i've only heard good things about this so i'm expecting a good time.
  2. Bravely Default II - it's the newest game from one of the best teams at SE, and the music is going to be 10/10.
  3. Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise - i'm a huge twin peaks fan, i loved the missing, and knowing this is the sequel to his twin peaks-inspired cult classic is enough for me. i also plan on playing DP origins in 2020 as well but i've seen enough to know i'm gonna love it.
  4. Doom Eternal
  5. Trials of Mana
  6. No More Heroes III
  7. Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r]

archnemesis

Oct 26, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - One of my favorite settings.
  2. Ghost of Tsushima - It looks fantastic and I trust the developers.
  3. The Settlers - Settlers 7 was fantastic and hopefully this will be too.
  4. Half Life Alyx - The reveal trailer looks great and I look forward to playing this once I pick up a VR headset.
  5. The Last of Us Part II - The first game was great. So far the trailers from the sequel have yet to impress me.
  6. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - I love the series and I'll play this once I've caught up with Y5 and Y6.
  7. Persona 5 Royale - I never completed the original release and I might give this a try instead.
  8. Final Fantasy VII Remake - FF with real-time combat has never been good. I love the original FF7 but I don't expect much out of this.
  9. Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 - I'm not familiar with the developer, but a sequel to the first game is long overdue.
  10. System Shock - I haven't played much of the original and just overhauling the UI is enough to make me interested.

Last edited:

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Final Fantasy 7 Remake : FF7 is the game that made me an avid video game player back when I was 7. I'm probably going to cry while playing this remake because the original means so much to me.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 : I love all the games CD Projekt Red has released so far and I love the cyberpunk aesthetic so I'm sure I'll like this one.
  3. Yakuza: Like a Dragon : I love Yakuza and I love JRPG so I'm sure I'll like this one.
  4. Vampire the Mascarade: Bloodlines 2 : I played the first game earlier this year and despite its numerous flaws, I've had quite a blast with it. I'm really looking forward to this one, I really hope it's improved though because god, I've rarely seen a game as broken as the first one.
  5. Nioh 2 : The first one was my go-to game to relax when I was stressed out so I'm expecting quite a lot from its sequel.
  6. Ghost of Tsushima : Not a fan of Sucker Punch, Sly was fun but Infamous was boring as fuck so I don't really know what to except from this one. I'm mainly in it for the setting and for the graphics tbh, I'm a sucker for these kinds of landscapes.
  7. Axiom Verge 2 : The first one was a neat Metroid clone, I hope the sequel is at least as good.
  8. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition : Never played this one but I enjoyed its sequels quite a bit despite their flaws.
  9. Tales of Arise : Berseria was way better than it had any right to be, so I hope this one is good.

SiassaDavid

Jun 15, 2018
Vienna, Austria
  1. Halo Infinite - Excited for the campain
  2. Microsoft Flight Simulator
  3. Bleeding Edge - Alphas were really fun
  4. Cyberpunk 2077
  5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  6. Tell Me Why - Love Dontnod games
  7. The Last Of Us Part II - These animations, WOW!
  8. Watch Dogs: Legion
  9. Wasteland 3
  10. Gears Tactics

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
  1. Trials of Mana - I'm still amazed that this game not only did get released in the west (and translated to spanish too), but that it's going to have an amazing looking 3D remake. I thought Square had given up on the Mana series!
  2. No More Heroes III - Loved the original games for the Wii, enjoyed TSA, of course I'm looking forward to more NMH action and Suda's imagination
  3. Streets of Rage 4
  4. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  5. Doom Eternal
  6. Moon: Remix RPG Adventure - I'm not sure if it's going to release this year, but I think it is
  7. Panzer Dragoon Remake - I miss rail shooters like Star Fox and I never played the original because I don't have a Saturn so this is a great chance to play it
  8. Axiom Verge 2
  9. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  10. Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077: Gimme. Gonna be AMAZING
  2. Dying Light 2: Same as above, LOVED the original, probably one of the best co-op experiences I've ever had. So much fun.
  3. Hollow Knight Silk Song: Loved the first game, looking forward to this (I like metroidvania's if you can't tell)
  4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps: Original was gorgeous and I hope they expand on the formula more this time.
  5. FF7 Remake: Depending on how good this is, I MAY pick up part 1. Ultimately I see myself waiting until it's complete. I'm not sure I want to play, then agonise and wait for the next installment.
  6. Last of Us 2: Loved the first game, the graphic violence however is turning me off a bit. Depending on how much of it there is, I may actually pass. The first was so good as a stand alone, I'm actually ok to leave it as such.
  7. Gods and Monsters: This looks hella fun, I love mythology and as long as the combat/gameplay loop is enjoyable I see myself loving this.
  8. Elden Ring: Can't wait to see what this turns into. Love the mythology of the worlds From creates.
  9. Axiom Verge 2: Another Metroidvania, yes please. The first was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the tweaked gameplay style.
  10. New Battlefield Game: I'm not sure if there will be another this year but I feel it's a possibility. I think I heard 2021-2022 however they will come out with some shooter I'm sure.
  11. Skate 4: Next Gen Consoles, now's the time!

Wabba

Apr 12, 2018
  1. The Last of Us Part II - Follow up to my favourite game of the last decade. This is my most anticipated game of all time.
  2. Ghost of Tsushima - The setting looks absolutely perfect.
  3. Resident Evil 3 - Loved the second entry this year. Never played this and the trailer looked lovely.
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 - Expect great things from CD Projekt with this game.
  5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Cant wait to play Nintendos cutest game.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
  1. The Last of Us Part II - The sequel to one of the greatest games ever made
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - the witcher 3 is amazing and me and friends loved played Cyberpunk 2020
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - the atmosphere in this game is insane and I love Sucker Punchs previous games
  4. Doom Eternal - they put a grappling hook on the super shotgun...
  5. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - I played the original a few years ago and it was cool and this looks like a decent remake
  6. Resident Evil 3 - Resident evil 2 remake was one of the better games last year so I'm sure this will be good
  7. Dying Light 2 - the first game was fun but the new writers and setting have me really excited
  8. Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 - the first game is awesome and this one looks like a faithful sequel
  9. Nioh 2 - first game was fine hoping this one Is better
  10. Watchdogs Legion - struggling to think of much else to end this list but I am kind of interested to see how all the character switching and playing as anyone works out

Last edited:

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Doom Eternal - the GOTY of 2019 delayed to 2020
  2. The Last of Us Part 2 - the inevitable GOTY of 2020
  3. Ori: Will of the Wisps - will probably be GOAT
  4. Streets of Rage 4 - Finally a sequel to the GOAT beat'em'up
  5. Axiom Verge 2 - Metroid
  6. Half-Life: Alyx - This would be higher if there was a realistic chance of me actually playing this game any time soon
  7. No More Heroes 3 - Big fan of the last one
  8. Halo Infinite - Would love for this series to be relevant again
  9. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Cuz its all my friends will talk about in March
  10. Windjammers 2 - Why not
Hopefully the second half of the year has some surprises in store, especially from Nintendo

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
  1. No More Heroes III
    This shit looked pretty stylish, latest trailer was great. My only concern is that I've never played the previous ones, so I have no idea how deep/shallow the combat in these are.
  2. Doom Eternal
    This would be #1 if it had the same style of multiplayer as 2016.
  3. Panzer Dragoon Remake
    I don't care if they drastically change the art style as long as they can get 60fps.
  4. Axiom Verge 2
    I'm disappointed if this isn't a direct continuation of the first game because that one felt like it ended in the middle of its story.

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - seems like CDPR might change open world games with this one. Obviously that's a lot to live up to, but the subject matter and pedigree are just impossible to deny.
  2. The Last of Us part II - I played TLOU 4 times essentially back to back when I first bought it. It was IMO one of if not the greatest game of the last generation and seeing what ND can do to close out the gen is at the top of my 2020 to do list.
  3. Psychonauts 2 - I have been waiting so long for this, both as a fan since the original and as a backer of the crowdfunder. Still a bit bummed that DF got bought out, just from a pure player access perspective but glad they're still getting to make games and at least MS will always release on PC (hopefully).
  4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Ori was one of my GOTYs 2016 and this looks to live up to it in every way.
  5. Dreams - I really, really hope this game doesn't fly under the radar - it is absolutely amazing what people have been able to accomplish with it already. Only game I preordered for 2020 (bought the creator version).
  6. Resident Evil 3 - an amazing surprise so close to release. RE2 is my GOTY 2019... I've always loved RE3 quite a bit less but I suspect RE3make will do a lot to rectify my issues with it.
  7. Doom Eternal - Love Doom 2016. I have to say the reveals of this have seemed a little less interesting to me, but given how wonderful 2016 was I'm still really interested.
  8. Ghost of Tshushima - This looks like the grounded samurai game I've always wanted. I'm holding off being incredibly hyped as SS was good but not great.
Godddamn, 2020 is going to be incredible. And I don't even have the PD or FFVII remakes on this list.

Oct 31, 2017
Zagreb, Croatia
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I'm waiting for this from the PS3 FF7 showcase. FF7 is one of my favorite games, and it seems they nailed everything with the remake, from the battle system, art style, music....
  2. The Last of Us: Part II
  3. Ghost of Tsushima
  4. Dreams
  5. Psychonauts 2
  6. Yakuza: Like a Dragon
  7. Persona 5: Royal
  8. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
  9. Resident Evil 3
  10. Cyberpunk 2077

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not a whole lot confirmed yet, but I'll give it a shot.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - Xenoblade has quickly become one of my favorite Nintendo franchises, and I've really been wanting to revisit the first game. I'm really excited for more people to play this wonderful game.
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I'm ready to dedicate a half hour a day for the next two years to this game.
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator - I'm literally planning an airline themed launch party for this game.
  4. No More Heroes III - I've only heard great things about this series, and the advertising has been on point.
I'm probably forgetting a bunch of games, but these are the big ones. Obviously BotW2 would be my number 1, and I do think it will make next year, but as it's not confirmed, I get it.

Speaker

One Winged Slayer
May 18, 2019
1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I've been waiting for this for a long time. One of my favorite games of all time is almost here. I'm looking forward to exploring Midgar and playing mini games again.

2. Ghost of Tsushima - This caught my attention only recently, but it looked really good.

3. Cyberpunk 2077 - Another game that got me hyped for next year.

4. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - I played this on the Wii and completed it. I'm looking forward to this.

5. The Last of Us: Part II

6. Watch_Dogs: Legion

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - The Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time, so easy pick.
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Dreams - Mm is one of the best studios in industry and deserves all love.
  4. Ghost of Tsushima
  5. The Last of Us Part II
  6. Resident Evil 3 - One of my favorite games as a kid, hope it's great as 2.
  7. Granblue Fantasy: Relink - Never played the gacha game, but I'm so excited for new AAA JRPG's that aren't by Square.
  8. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 - It's One Piece.
  9. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  10. Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Tough year to my wallet.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I've been terribly disappointed in this franchise for ages, but this one actually looks good, so I'm excited.
  2. Resident Evil 3 - Resident Evil 2 remake is such a perfect remake in every way that it makes it pretty hard for Capcom to fuck this up.
  3. The Last of Us: Part II
  4. Wasteland 3
  5. Crusader Kings III
  6. Watch Dogs: Legion
  7. Ghost of Tsushima
  8. Cyberpunk 2077

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
  1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
It's a new animal crossing. I can't wait, this shit has been my most wanted game for years now, and it's finally coming...

2. Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Come to mama, yakuza 7. I'm ready.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - This took the top spot fairly easily. The Witcher 3's my favorite game this decade; I can't wait to see how CD Projekt RED tackles the source material here. The cyberpunk genre is rich and there's so much to explore.
  2. The Last of Us: Part II - If it wasn't for the above, this would have handily taken the top spot. The Last of Us is right up there with my 'best of the decade' games too. With some of the most endearing characters I've encountered in a game, Naughty Dog really made me care. Day one.
  3. Halo Infinite - Annnnd, just like the one right above yet again, if it wasn't for the first two, this would have taken the top spot too lol. I've had a couple issues with how 343 has handled the story post-Halo 3, but I can't deny that I'm really pumped to see where they go from here. Halo's still one of my favorite IPs of all time.
  4. Ghost of Tsushima - I love Sucker Punch. Infamous has always been a quality series, so seeing the team tackle an open world samurai game that's drop dead gorgeous? Absolutely yes. Yes please.
  5. Resident Evil 3 - Ask me years ago and a Resident Evil game probably wouldn't be on this list. I liked some of the older games well enough, but was never a massive fan. After playing through RE7 last year and RE2 this year, I have a renewed sense of excitement for the series. I've never played RE3 so I'm excited to finally experience it in new paint.
  6. DOOM Eternal - I adored DOOM 2016. id successfully revitalized the franchise in a way I didn't really anticipate or think possible. They modernized it for current times, yet kept that classic DOOM feel. Rip and fucking tear baby.
  7. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - This is an interesting one for me. I've never played the original game, but reading up on this cemented it as being a game I'm sure I'll enjoy. I love immersive sims, and one with vampires surviving contemporary times? I'm so in.
  8. Dying Light 2 - This looks like it's taking the original and dialing everything up to 11. The decision factor has me really intrigued. I'm really curious to see how the world changes based on my choices. Everything looks incredibly detailed, stoked to explore everything.
  9. Watch Dogs: Legion - Thoroughly enjoyed Watch Dogs 1 & 2 so this naturally makes my list. Futuristic London is an awesome setting and the fact that any NPC is playable sounds dauntingly ambitious. Can't wait to see what new mechanics Ubisoft has in store here.
  10. 12 Minutes - The reveal trailer instantly grabbed me. I find the concept fascinating and the VO performance was surprisingly great too. I dig it.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Ori and the Blind Forest is in my top 5 for the best games of all time. And the sequel looks even better! Can't wait!
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - I dislike that it's first person but this is still a new huge AAA game from CDPR, which means that I'll try as hard as possible to like it even if I get motion sick. Looks sooo good!

3. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I don't have a working PS4 and will likely play it on PC another year, but I'm too hyped about it so I'm listing it at the bottom at least.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Cloud's back baby!
  2. The Last of Us Part II - Joel & Ellie are back baby!
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 - CD Projekt Red's back baby!
  4. Resident Evil 3 - Let's see what you've got Capcom.
  5. Marvel's Avengers A-Day - Wanna see the story unfold.
  6. Halo Infinite - Master Chief's back baby!
  7. Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - Cyberconnect2 takes on a new anime saga!
  8. Nioh 2 - Samurais are back baby!
  9. Ghost of Tsushima - Very intreaging and beautiful game.
  10. Watch Dogs Legion - Beware the grandparents!

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Ghost of Tsushima - Sucker Punch has consistently put out games that I love. Infamous 2 and Second Son were some of my most anticipated games, and while Second Son wasn't exactly what I hoped, still was a great time. Ghost of Tsushima is capturing a setting surprisingly underserved in video games that I am incredibly stoked for.
  2. The Last of Us Part 2 - What needs to be said? More Ellie, hopefully more Joel in a great post-apocalyptic world.
  3. Sakura Wars - A game series that hasn't caught on to a huge degree outside of Japan, but one I loved from the get-go. Part dating sim, part RPG.
  4. Cyberpunk: 2077 - Open world cyberpunk game from The Witcher devs. Incredible.
  5. Tales of Arise - Tales of Symphonia/Abyss/Legendia were some of my fondest memories spent gaming, and added to the nostalgia is what seem to be actual updates to the Tales formula.
  6. Nioh 2 - My favorite Soulslike comes back.
  7. Final Fantasy 7: Remake - While not my favorite FF game, this game is a force to be reckoned with. Can't wait to see what was added/changed to the game.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017

1. Cyberpunk 2077 - It's been forever since the game was announced. A CD Projekt rpg with cyberpunk setting sold me automatically.
  2. Resident Evil 3 - RE2 was brilliant and got me hyped for inevitable reimagining of third part. There is so much they can do with Nemesis. Different developer is what kinda worries me and i guess this can go either way at the end.
  3. The Last of Us: Part II - Overall i dig what i saw during gameplay demos so far. Stealth options are much more expanded compared to first game and melee combat seems improved. First game was Naughty Dog's best work, so yeah looking forward to this one.
Dunno if that way will counts. My most anticipated games are not eligible - Elden Ring, Hollow Knight: Silksong and Spelunky 2.

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 3 Remake - It is a remake of my favorite games ever. What's not to be excited about?
  2. Doom Eternal - Doom 5 is sounding like the perfect sequel so far. Everything they have said and showed look and sound amazing. Sad it was delayed but alas, as long as it delivers I am happy.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - Game looked awesome since I first saw it. The kurosawa inspiration is on it's own a huge chunk of my interest. Other aspects look awesome too and I can't wait for it.
  4. Yakuza Like a Dragon - Usually this would have been the first on the list but the change in combat made me luke warm for it. The game looks promising in everything other than the combat (which was good in the demo but I can't say it is a good replacement for the brawling combat). In any case, it will be a good game regardless and I am excited to try it out.
  5. Elden Ring - The next From game. What's not to be excited for? I know very brief information about it but I am excited to see what they will do next.
  6. Deadly Premonition 2 - A sequel to my all time favorite games. I don't have a switch yet but I will hopefully get one just in time for it.
  7. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Nothing needs to be said.
  8. Streets of Rage 4 - It is finally happening!
  9. Nioh 2 - A sequel to Nioh which was an excellent game. The new stuff sound interesting and I am excited to jump back in.
  10. Yakuza 5 Remaster - I already played it before but I am excited to replay it with better frame rate. This game was an excellent Yakuza and will hopefully satisfy me until the next Yakuza brings back brawling.

Tales of Arise. Finally a true current gen Tales game.

13 Sentinels. More Vanillaware goodness.

edstub207

Oct 22, 2019
1: Cyberpunk 2077 - I live for this shit.

2: Halo Infinite - I've needed a new halo for quite a few years...

3: Dying Light 2 - Loved the original

4: Watch Dogs Leigon - Enjoyed 1 and 2. With London being where I work and live I'd love to see a modern day version of London in a game. Recent attempts have been historic.

I don't know of any other for sure announced titles tho

Master P

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
1. FF Vll Remake
2. Guilty Gear Strive
3. Resident Evil 3 Remake
4. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
5. Hollow Knight: Silk Song
6. Elden Ring
7. Cyberpunk 2077
8. Granblue Fantasy Relink
9. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
10. N1RV Ann-A

Game I hope is announced in 2020: KOTOR 3

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
  1. Resident Evil 3 Remake-Being a huge RE fan, i'm very excited to see how this game plays out and what they decided to change from the original game and play with our expectations.
  2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake-It's Final Fantasy 7 being remade. A game we all desired and longed for is now coming to fruition.
  3. The Last of Us Part II-Excited to see the continuation of this story from Ellie's point of view. Knowing Naughty Dog is going to knock this game out of the park.
  4. No More Heroes 3-Loved the previous 2 games, so I can only imagine what this game is going to do with Nintendo switch's power and creative possibilities.
  5. Streets of Rage 4-Streets of Rage is coming back! Hearing the dev commentaries and how they're longtime fans of the series that are excited to be working on this makes me really hyped to play it when it releases.
  6. Cyberpunk 2077- Can't wait to explore this cool blade runner-esque universe. The setting alone has me sold.
  7. Halo Infinite- Another Halo on a brand spankin' new console. Hype.
  8. Deadly Premonition 2-The sequel we'd never thought we'd get, we are getting! Very excited to see where they go from this.
  9. Ghosts of Tsushima-Although we haven't seen much gameplay, the setting already has me invested.
  10. Yakuza: Like a Dragon While I'm still disappointed that this won't be a beat em' up, i'm certain it will have all of the other qualities that makes yakuza great which I'm looking forward to still. The demo also helped ease my apprehensions regarding the game's different direction.

Last edited:

GrayDock

Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - For many an impossibility, a game that can't be done! Well, we'll finaly see.
  2. The Last of Us: Part II - Naughty Gods can't stop making new standards.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - An open world samurai game?! Why did it take so long?
  4. Resident Evil 3 - STAAAARSS...
  5. Marvel Avengers - A little late, but I'll take it.
  6. Cyberpunk 2077 - It'll be breathtaking.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - My most anticipated game of 2020. The Witcher 3 is my favorite game of the generation and I am very excited to see what CD Projekt Red has in store for Cyberpunk.
  2. The Last of Us: Part II - I loved the first game and I really like the Uncharted games so I am very excited to play the sequel.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - This game looks terrific. I am very excited to play a more grounded samurai game set in feudal japan.
  4. Halo Infinite - I am excited to see a new Halo game launch on a new Xbox console. Reminds of when Halo Combat Evolved launched for the original Xbox.
  5. Doom Eternal - I really liked the previous game and when this was very excited when it was announced.
  6. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - I am huge Yakuza fan and I am very curious to how the new battle system will be. I am also curious about how the story because the Yakuza games have great stories.
  7. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I actually only played the original Final Fantasy VII for a couple of hours back in 1998 on the PC so I am very interested in playing a whole remake of the game. '
  8. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - I am huge a Dragon Ball fan and I have been waiting a Dragon Ball Z RPG for a long time. It looks really good and there is a ton of nostalgia and fan service in the game which gets me excited.
  9. No More Heroes III - I really like the No More Heroes games and I am excited for the new game. It looks really good.
  10. Tales of Arise - I am huge Tales of fan and the new games looks like a step from both Zestiria and Berseria in terms of graphics and game engine. It has a been awhile since the Tales of series had a updated game engine.

Last edited:

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
  1. The Last of Us: Part II - That this is my most anticipated title of the year is something considering how ill-suited I thought the original was to a sequel. Then I played Left Behind and found myself yearning to experience more of Ellie's story. Playing Naughty Dog's swan song on the PS4 will help ease the inevitable wait for their first PS5 title.
  2. Breath of the Wild Sequel - More original Zelda from the team responsible for the Wii U's swan song / Switch launch sensation? Want.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - Even thought it showed too many signs of being rushed, I quite enjoyed Second Son and can't wait to see what Sucker Punch can do when they take their time. I'm hoping this does for me what Sekiro seemed to do for many in 2019.
  4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The original was brilliant, and so the sequel is firmly on my radar even though I don't have hardware to run it on. Perhaps that will change by the end of the year...
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - I refused to pay the extortionate prices GameStop engineered for the original and now my patience has paid off. Time to see what the fuss was all about while watching GameStop circling the drain.
  6. Nioh 2 - Great gameplay paired with another lackluster story? Or will they improve on areas where the original fell short? I'm up for finding out.
  7. Cyberpunk 2077 - I wish I could put this higher on my list but the edgelord vibe coming off this title in waves is utterly obnoxious. I can only hope I'm wrong, because I loved The Witcher 3 despite its ugly society.
  8. Final Fantasy VII: Remake - Like so many, I have a soft spot for the original but I am far from convinced that the remake will recapture that magic. Here's hoping!
  9. Tales of Arise - Please let this be a step in the right direction.
  10. Halo Infinite - Please let this be a giant leap in the right direction.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
  1. Ciconia When They Cry Phase 2 - Phase 1 left us hanging with so much going on, so this one is easily on the top of my list
  2. Resident Evil 3 - Hopefully, another decent remake to continue on the streak of the best remakes in gaming history
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  4. Summer Pockets
  5. Axiom Verge 2
  6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  7. Dreams
  8. Desperados III
Might come back and edit later :p

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - I remember being so hyped in university when the teaser was released. Seeing the gameplay and trailers up to this point has sold me on the concept and design.
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Been disappointed in recent Animal Crossing offerings (Mobile, City Folk, Home Designer, Amiibo), so I hope this is a return to form for the series.
  3. The Last of Us Part II - Will be revisiting this world when the PS5 comes out, but I can't wait nonetheless. Seeing Ellie and playing her as main character is compelling.
  4. Half-Life Alyx - Bought an Oculus Rift a few months back and this being the first true AAA VR experience has me hyped.
  5. Final Fantasy VII Remake - They could've screwed this up so badly, but the melding of turn-based and action has me sold + the design really can't be more perfect.
  6. Halo Infinite - Bought the MCC on PC, and will be playing it throughout 2020 - just in time for Infinite's release.
  7. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Played four of the Yakuza games now and in need of something more fresh. This will provide that.
  8. Ghost of Tsushima - Beautiful world so far - gameplay is yet to sell me however.
  9. Dying Light 2 - First game had potential, but the story fell completely flat for me. Now with Avellone on board, I see this one actually have interesting characters and world.
  10. Doom Eternal - More Doom. Nothing else to say.

Neoarc

Dec 26, 2019
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I've been eagerly waiting for this game to release since they showed that tech demo for PS3, I have barely played the original even though I could play the HD version on PS4.
  2. Resident Evil 3 - I'm big fan of the first trilogy after their redemption of RE7 and RE2R I have never been excited in my life for their next game, and now I really hope they reimagining RE1 too.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - Big fan of samurai which it looks like the developer is taking very good care making it interesting gameplay with the story.
  4. Nioh 2 - I very much enjoyed the first one so much and after playing the alpha version it got me super hyped.
  5. The Last of Us Part II - Finished the first part more than 10 times but why isn't most excited is because the trailers didn't excite me as the first one.
  6. Kingdom Hearts III ReMind - One of my favorites franchises and the trailer got me thinking about it so much about the plot.
  7. Doom Eternal - Loved OG doom and DOOM.
  8. Dungeon and Dragon: Dark Alliance - I remember playing the first one on PS2, I didn't get to play a game similar to it but now a new one is announced and made me hyped.
  9. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Even though they changed the gameplay to RPG I will give the benefit of the doubt because the I loved all the yakuza main series stories.
  10. Warcraft III: Reforged - Warcraft 3 is the one who brought me to it's WoW.

Tanner

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Animal Crossing has been a staple in my life for the last 15 years. I am so unbelievably excited that I get to share a new installment of my favorite franchise with the person I love the most, this is going to be very special for me.
  2. Halo Infinite - Building Halo from the ground up to open up the new generation of Xbox? Sign me up!
  3. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Yakuza but turn based I am so in come on.
  4. UFO 50 - 50 retro minigames made by a whole team of very talented people, what's not to love?
  5. Watch Dogs: Legion - I have been so excited for this game since they showed it at E3, really hoping it launches alongside XSX and PS5.
  6. Cyberpunk 2077 - Keanu Reeves
  7. One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 - I am so stoked to play some of the Wano stuff, bring on the wacky characters!
  8. Final Fantasy VII Remake - One of my first video game memories is watching my older brother playthrough the first half of this game, now here we are uhhh a lot of years later and I can do it now!
  9. DOOM Eternal - More DOOM, great!
  10. Ghost of Tsushima - I am ready to be a samurai for real.
Other games I am excited about that either just miss the list or does now have a confirmed date yet include Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated, Pokemon Gen 4 Remakes, Super Meat Boy Forever and Assassin's Creed on next gen hardware!