• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
the president has clarified that he mistakenly said "neanderthals" when he meant to say "fascist dipshit hillbillies"

I hope this clears things up

Eegah

Oct 27, 2017

9IPgdES.gif

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
Would be good to add the original biden quote to the OP.

I had to look it up. It is incredibly benign (far more than basket of deplorables) and makes the response even more laughable. I'll post it here:
"The last thing -- the last thing we need is Neanderthal thinking that in the meantime, everything's fine, take off your mask, forget it.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
An observation I noticed over the past day or so since he said this that I feel like the usual suspects just going through the motions at this point. Like they're putting even less effort and creativity than usual because the ones they're trying to rile up don't really get animated by this anymore and they know it.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dumb comment...dumb reactions.

He should have just called it "STUPID."

Same thing, he is calling you stupid. Doesn't matter what it is.

Maybe he should have said something more Presidential like don't mess this up at the final hurdle, if we want normality then stick with it until vaccinations, it's that easy and simple, but like anyone he is probably fed up with the reckless self centred idiots and know it probably doesn't matter now that the Republicans green lit no masks for their base so fuck them.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Now Granted, this idea that Neanderthals were lumbering oafs who were not intelligent is outdated thinking, and they were actually quite smart, but lol their reaction to this.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Wait am I missing things, is there really a tribe or race of people called "neanderthals" who are alive right now, or are they talking about...
googles
the very same people trying to kill LGBT+ people and minorities are crying about cavemen, dear lord

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Someone with a bit of artistic talent could make some bank with "I'd rather be a neanderthal than a DEMOCRAT" tshirts

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Rubio so desperately trying to be relevant again. It's both funny, pathetic and infuriating.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Same thing, he is calling you stupid. Doesn't matter what it is.

Maybe he should have said something more Presidential like don't mess this up at the final hurdle, if we want normality then stick with it until vaccinations, it's that easy and simple, but like anyone he is probably fed up with the reckless self centred idiots and know it probably doesn't matter now that the Republicans green lit no masks for their base so fuck them.
They were gonna be mad no matter how he chastised them.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Biden better not fucking apologize. Let Republicans have their bs fit as they ignore why thousands in their states have and continue to die of COVID, praise the murders of innocent Black Americans by cops, allow their constituents to intimidate & threaten politicians including other Republicans & justify indulging monsters like Marjorie Green.

Fucking hypocrites need to stop being capitulated to because it's plain that they've latched onto this not because they're actually offended but because they want to fill up time not having to answer questions about how their party has turned into & idol worshipping death cult & pathetic attempts to convince people that their pushback against progressive citizen-focused legislation is some good & righteous battle.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
I can kind of understand their frustration. Biden's comment was legitimately insulting to Neanderthals

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I know its a bunch of fake outrage but do some of these people actually believe that because they have Neanderthal DNA that it makes them Neanderthal? Do they know that they no longer exist and despite there tiny bit of DNA in relation to them that they are in fact still Homo sapien?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Neanderthal - "uncivilized, unintelligent, or uncouth (typically used of a man)"

He didn't say anything wrong other than using words too big for them to want to understand.

Flustered over this, but Trump can mock everyone under the sun and it's just the left being snowflakes.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
They were gonna be mad no matter how he chastised them.
This. These people are getting people killed through their anti-science bs and have been doing so even without a single supposed provocation. There's no need for the rest of us to police our language when it's clear they have no interest in listening to the science or even the people dying en masse in their own cities & states. They are never fucking interested in a bipartisan way to combat the epidemic so we need to stop pretending that any lighter touch was going to lead to the GOP propaganda networks and Republican talking heads acknowledging reality.

What did Biden even say?
Would be good to add the original biden quote to the OP.

I had to look it up. It is incredibly benign (far more than basket of deplorables) and makes the response even more laughable. I'll post it here:
"The last thing -- the last thing we need is Neanderthal thinking that in the meantime, everything's fine, take off your mask, forget it.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
An observation I noticed over the past day or so since he said this that I feel like the usual suspects just going through the motions at this point. Like they're putting even less effort and creativity than usual because the ones they're trying to rile up don't really get animated by this anymore and they know it.

Also, and this is not me giving a pass to the overall mediocre job our media does in its due diligence, but the lack of gusto the Republicans are giving this is because the media doesn't fall for this shit as easily anymore.

I mean, we make fun on Obama's Tan Suit Scandal, but the thing that's lost to time is just how much fucking coverage that got.

American news media hasn't evolved nearly enough, but they've evolved enough to not be conned by this low level performative bullshit.