• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah hiding helmets and backpacks has been discussed. Hopefully happens soonish.

I just got that. Is it good? I really love the way this game rewards exploration.
Give it a try, you might never use another weapon in that slot again. Well, you'll likely give other weapons a try to mix things up from time to time or for a specific build but you'll probably want to return to the Beam Rifle.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sad that progress in coop is tied to the hosts game. Meaning I basically have to redo everything when I return to my game if I actually want technical progress in the game, achievements etc and nobody else can host or play if the host isn't around as the same issues apply.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
That event with the three regenerators made me put together a melee build and I'm having so much fun with it now.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I'm interested. Riven?

Osseus armour (sometimes Akari on certain bosses) Riven, Pocket watch, Band of Strength, Wolf ring, Blink mod, Swords mod.

Can change all accessories and Swords mod dependent on fight, but Riven and Blink are the core. I use Repeater and Shotty/Beam for ranged.

Also whilst I have used this solo (e.g. three pillars fight) it has mainly been in co op with a buddy using ranged more. Some bosses simply won't work well melee.

Last edited:

GhostofWar

Apr 5, 2019
If any of the devs in here see this, instead of the respec stone from the last boss and stone that could remove mods from boss weapons so you could use those mods in other guns, or put other mods into that boss weapons would have made multiple full clears a bit more rewarding.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested. Riven?

Riven
Beam Rifle - for charging mods quick/ranged bosses (Blink Token)
Hunting Pistol - for flying enemies/snipers (Song of Swords)

Osseous armour

Leto's Amulet
Stone of Balance
Band of Strength

Make sure you have Arcane Strike trait maxed.

I was using Smolder for the burn damage, but Leech Ember was taking up a ring slot, so I changed to Riven.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Man, I almost wish there wasn't a restriction on which two weapons you can equip, because I have Spitfire and the Magnum and I want to use both lol. I guess I can just swap depending on the situation. I really appreciate that low level upgrade materials are really easy to get without much farming at all, so you can easily bring new stuff to a level where they're decently useful.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's a huge shame because I felt like I made some really cool looking characters and I think seeing their faces would add a lot more personality to the game. I think being able to see the humans behind the masks is really key to selling a desolate post-apocalyptic style setting, else it just ends up feeling as though your playing some superhero style character etc.

Really hope they adjust, as it seems it would be a simple change.

I like how Dauntless handles it. You can equip items like helmets on your character and if you don't like the look of it and want to see your face, you can disable the helmet visually on your character yet keep it equipped with all of the added benefits of it to your character. I wish more games did that.

Ethical Hedonism

Permanent ban for creating alt account to troll.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a friendly reminder (for those of you new to the thread or unfamiliar with Threadmarks), that we have a Google Sheet set up PS4, XBO, and PC users.
Please feel free to add your details to the relevant tab, and send out friend requests to folks that have already added in their info.

[Hidden content]
Adding mine :p

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I like how Dauntless handles it. You can equip items like helmets on your character and if you don't like the look of it and want to see your face, you can disable the helmet visually on your character yet keep it equipped with all of the added benefits of it to your character. I wish more games did that.

In my experience it's more the exception that they don't.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Loots been a bit disappointing. I'm at the Undying King and I've only found 2 helmets, no gloves, boots, amulets, or chest pieces. It's been mostly rings that I've found. Then out of the few new weapons I've found only the spitfire has been something more useful than what I started with.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Is this a new glitch...?I played with a friend this morning (PS4)and in the sewer dungeon,the find the Metro quest,whn he died he got disconnected from the session and I noticed when I died I got the message also..you stay in the game but not in a group...we are having enough trouble already early on,if we can't resurrect each other we will never make it to the other side(you can resurrect 3 times I think)...the sheer amount of ennemies all the time is a little much we think so early on.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

A lot of games do so that I think. MMOs especially.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm curious about how the end-game of this is...

Is it more like Killing Floor 2 in that you just grind and never really feel stronger? Or does it have some clear progression where you find yourself getting stronger and working towards some "big end encounter" or something?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
I will add my name for PS4,need help to get through the sewers to get to the Metro or something...

Edit: I thought there would be more names in there and I need to grind a little more I guess,trait level is too low for now,guess I will try playing with the game on public tonight.

So I'm curious about how the end-game of this is...

Is it more like Killing Floor 2 in that you just grind and never really feel stronger? Or does it have some clear progression where you find yourself getting stronger and working towards some "big end encounter" or something?

I am not sure yet(I am early game though)...really feels I am not getting any stronger and I think the ennemies scales to you...? for now I do the outside area before going in the sewers,usually die in there but get enough Iron to raise my guns and armor a few points,like my armor set is +3 now and my guns also but not sure if the mobs are also my level + 3 now...

Last edited:

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
Loots been a bit disappointing. I'm at the Undying King and I've only found 2 helmets, no gloves, boots, amulets, or chest pieces. It's been mostly rings that I've found. Then out of the few new weapons I've found only the spitfire has been something more useful than what I started with.

have you been keeping an eye out for puzzles and speaking to all the npcs you come across? Armor isn't typically(or ever) ground loot

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I am not sure yet(I am early game though)...really feels I am not getting any stronger and I think the ennemies scales to you...? for now I do the outside area before going in the sewers,usually die in there but get enough Iron to raise my guns and armor a few points,like my armor set is +3 now and my guns also but not sure if the mobs are also my level + 3 now...
The enemies scale to you (+1) when you first enter an area, and are static after that, so you do overpower enemies as you upgrade past the point you entered the area at.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the co-op scaling does not make co-op harder lol because its hard for now I think...(like if they do like Division where there is more ennemies if you are in a party of 2,3 and 4..was it too high for 2 player co-op...compared to playing solo?

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Hmm...So do you perpetually feel a bit weak as you start a new zone??? What kind of progression is there?
Basically what the devs said earlier in the thread is that they found during testing that people tend to enter a new zone and then leave to go upgrade their stuff (which makes sense, right? Why would you beat a boss and then just leave without going to the next checkpoint?), so they added the +1 to the scaling to prevent the area from immediately getting trivialized by it scaling to your gear and then you leaving to upgrade everything. I'd say you do feel a bit weak when you enter new zones, which is what you want imo. It's the Dark Souls thing of each area seeming really dangerous until you start to feel it out and it becomes easy to deal with.

KirbyKid

Designer at Gunfire
Verified
Aug 13, 2019
Made it to Scourge and he's a dick. After you get him to half health You can't kill the radioactive exploding guy faster than he respawns them. I just get them killed of turn around and he's surrounded in a cloud of dust you can't shoot through and like 6 more dudes are running at me, and lets not forget the bullshit that is him stretching his arm through walls to hit you.

I'm looking into the crazy arm now. I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, let me know how the fight goes. It has a lot of subtly to help you fight back.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I'm looking into the crazy arm now. I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, let me know how the fight goes. It has a lot of subtly to help you fight back.
I got past him. I'd be on the sides behind cover and he would stop before coming around a corner and do that wide stretchy arm swipe and swing through the wall and hit me. I figured out the spitfire's flamethrower would damage him through his bug cloud or what ever it is.

Last edited:

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
have you been keeping an eye out for puzzles and speaking to all the npcs you come across? Armor isn't typically(or ever) ground loot
So far I've gotten a single shot pistol and the sniper rifle from NPCs and the wooden mask from a insane merchant. I found a welding helmet on the ground as well as 3 rings. Only melee weapon I've gotten was a fail at the end of a health draining hallway dungeon in Rhom.

Spitfire I got from Single and the other bosses gave me mods.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
I am going to try random co-0p(Public) tonight for the first time on PS4...I know there was a bug on Xbox that made it so no one would join and I read it can take a while on PS4 as well...the sidequests in this are so weird,you are not sure if its the main quest or what...a little lacking in information for these and the maps are pretty bad...a floor option or zoom could of been useful...still trying to find the entrance to the Metro...I did a big thing in a sewer but I guess it was a sidequest...now I found a second sewer entrance,and saved at the rest point and headed back to 13...the map was not drawn in so I guess its a new one and hopefully the main quest lol.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Adjusted right analog deadzone for PS4 controller (reduced by half)
200.gif

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Fiiiiiine.

Downloading on Steam now.

How is random co-op??
It's Dark Souls-esque but a bit more random. You can choose to open your game to the public or only friends (or play offline). When you have it open, someone can basically just enter your game at any time if they're searching for a game. They'll spawn at the next checkpoint you touch. From the menu you can also choose to enter other worlds, where you'll just end up in a random game that has their world open. I'm not entirely sure how specific the match-making is in terms of game progress and level. The one time I joined someone else, it was further in the same area that I was currently in.

Co-op is fun, but I like solo more. It feels much more tense, almost survival horror-y.