• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
You can get bonus drops from these bosses?!

Damn, I wish I knew that last night. I'm a fair bit past the Ent fight in my game. Sure, the guaranteed drop is great, but that bonus would've been amazing too.

The alternate drops are either/or. So you can either get the regular drop, or the alt drop(s). Which necessitates fighting these bosses multiple times in order to get all of their loot.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I know console players have been facing some issues. We just released patches for PS4 and Xbox that should resolve some of the issues people may have run into. All platforms should now be on the same build.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had any issues updating to 1.04 on PS4? I am currently showing that I have 1.02... but on starting it today (haven't played since yesterday afternoon) I get an error on PS4 stating "Cannot Download" when it tries to start the patch download.

Seems unlikely to be related, but I was one of the few that was able to purchase the game BEFORE it was removed from the store initially.

EDIT: Ok. Odd. Just uploaded my save to the cloud as I am hearing that some people are missing a dragon shard, or NPCs, etc. after the update. Uploaded, then did a "Check for Updates" again and 1.04 downloaded and installed just fine.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
My game/character is massively bugged out at the moment on PC, UI says I have 99 Dragon Hearts, I can't pick up ammo/use ammo boxes, checkpoints don't restore ammo, etc. I've tried exiting and launching the game again to no avail. I have multiple full campaign runs, most weapons and armor sets, and nearly 300 trait points so hopefully my character isn't screwed.

Edit: Game is back to normal now but that was weird to say the least, probably was server-side or something given the amount of oddness I was seeing. Stamina wasn't depleting either, almost felt like I was in a hacked game session.

Last edited:

Melody

Oct 28, 2017
So far not the best of impressions. Every time I try to talk to the lady that will give me weapons the game crashes. Haven't been able to get past that, though I stopped trying a while ago.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the dragon Singhe or whatever on my first try, but it was challenging and felt like a fair boss fight. Shroud and Gorefist are just fucking bullshit, though. I'm now on Gorefist, and it almost had him down, but dodged an attack only to roll into some of those explodey bastards that I couldn't see and have them insta-kill me. It feels like such a crap shoot where they will appear with so many corners. Yeah, I hear the sound of them coming, but there is zero telling where they might be. They really need to implement some kind of positional awareness tool in this game. It's by far my biggest frustration and brings zero fun to the game. Sucks, because I really like the game a lot otherwise.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Does this 1.04 patch fix the PS4 Pro glitch?
Edit - Put on Supersampling and set the resolution back to Automatic from 1080p and already got one blue screen crash.
Might just be one of the random crashes. Or not. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got advice for the Clean Room?

Just cleared it (if it's what I was thinking of). Cool reward.
Killing shit seems to restore health. Other than that, come with lots of Dragon Hearts.
Don't waste your Bloodworts (or whatever they're called), as they can't keep up with the health decay that comes with not killing enemies.
Also, stuff you loot on the way stays looted even if you die. So just constantly push forward clearing the mobs and grabbing loot until you make it to the end.
It's not terribly long.

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw a post on reddit saying there are hacked game sessions on PC where a player got "99999999999 in xp and scraps" but I don't know the validity of it.

Makes me wary of playing/joining public games given what I experienced earlier today with 99 Dragon Hearts, stamina not depleting, etc.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I really wanted the assault rifle, but neither of the dungeons I have in the wide open area after the church in my game seem to contain the monkey key. Is it possible it simply doesn't exist in my game? If I want it, should I reroll the seed? What are the consequences of doing so?

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else on PS4 (Pro, if it matters) noticing enemies just popping into existence now after the 1.04 patch?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Got this and got through the tutorial and put into the world. Fun so far, looking forward to putting more time in after the kids get to bed. My only tiny gripe so far is it seems like there's a lot of downtime in the voice acting. Tons of pauses and sighs and it takes them forever to get through a line. But I'm also sleep deprived at the moment so I'm probably being overly impatient.

Hopefully there are some good fashion options.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
Does this 1.04 patch fix the PS4 Pro glitch?
Edit - Put on Supersampling and set the resolution back to Automatic from 1080p and already got one blue screen crash.
Might just be one of the random crashes. Or not. Time will tell.

I played for 2 hours tonight at 4K and no crash. I got 7-8 crashes last night.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Anyone got advice for the Clean Room?
Not sure how helpful this will be, but this was my run through it. The nice thing about that dungeon is that it's short. You can technically just run through it if you're dodging enough and have enough healing. However, I'd suggest relying on killing enemies for most of your health restoration and save your dragon hearts for the empty stretches. Melee the little guys that leap at you; they go down in one hit with most melee weapons and restore a good chunk of health each. Put some distance between yourself and the green ones that leave behind a radiation explosion when they die.

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I'm wondering to. How much replayablity is here? I know everygame you play is different but those who have played it and put some hours into it are you motivated to keep playing?
Motivated in terms of collecting everything (armor/weapons/mods), maxing out all traits to +20, and upgrading armor/weapons to +20 (or the ones I use mostly) while also trying the other difficulties eventually. This game isn't really a looter/shooter as so many describe it as it's really a collection game concerning the gear...I guess the only real randomness to the loot is the rings/necklaces and finding the Strange Coin, Monkey Key, etc (in terms of location and getting them in your current rolled campaign) but with those it's still more of a collection thing than any real type of randomly rolled loot game like Borderlands, The Division, Destiny, or Diablo which I really don't want it to be like that as I already have those games for that type of chase. They'll definitely need to add content and new gear to collect but that's down the road a bit. The gameplay is pretty fantastic and the game has a great foundation as is. Looks like the game is set up to add new full campaigns in the future.

Last edited:

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I played for 2 hours tonight at 4K and no crash. I got 7-8 crashes last night.

I've only had the one crash since reverting back to Automatic resolution and Supersampling enabled.
We're basically back to the random occasional blue screen crash, which has been there day one.
It was just REALLY bad last night when 1.03 landed.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
So how exactly does Devouring Loop work?

Sometimes mine has 5% chance to activate, sometimes 20%. I'm confused.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Claviger is one of most fun giant boss platform fights I've played. I never usually enjoy those.

Also, the Beckon mod is just fucking hilarious.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
So how exactly does Devouring Loop work?

Sometimes mine has 5% chance to activate, sometimes 20%. I'm confused.
It naturally has a 5% chance. There's a trait that grants additional proc chance, that caps at 15%, so if you've maxed that trait you'll have 20%. Shouldn't ever fluctuate or go down, unless there's some status effect that affects proc chance but not that I'm aware of.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Motivated in terms of collecting everything (armor/weapons/mods), maxing out all traits to +20, and upgrading armor/weapons to +20 (or the ones I use mostly) while also trying the other difficulties eventually. This game isn't really a looter/shooter as so many describe it as it's really a collection game concerning the gear...I guess the only real randomness to the loot is the rings/necklaces and finding the Strange Coin, Monkey Key, etc (in terms of location and getting them in your current rolled campaign) but with those it's still more of a collection thing than any real type of randomly rolled loot game like Borderlands, The Division, Destiny, or Diablo which I really don't want it to be like that as I already have those games for that type of chase. They'll definitely need to add content and new gear to collect but that's down the road a bit. The gameplay is pretty fantastic and the game has a great foundation as is. Looks like the game is set up to add new full campaigns in the future.
Thanks for the answer.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Jim Sterling hates it. Does he talk trash, or does he have some valid points?
It's Jim Sterling, not sure what you expect :P

He's overdoing his "everything sucks" shtick. The game is fine. It has some problems, it's an "AA" game.
Some people can't deal with adds in boss fights, other people can.
The game has a great artstyle, environments are nice even for random generation and the highlight are the weapons and mods you get which allow you to play in different ways and have some really cool effects. Also 3 player co-op, so you can just shoot dudes with friends which is a bonus.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
tragic do you have DLC/content updates planned, once you are done with stability/performance issues?

Gotta reassert, this game along Ace combat 7, are so far the best surprises of the year to me!

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
This is what I'm wondering to. How much replayablity is here? I know everygame you play is different but those who have played it and put some hours into it are you motivated to keep playing?

Ive rerolled the first zone 10 times ive still managed to meet a new boss n new area. I also still haven't got all the items from that zone (need twisted armour set) that's without other zones.

Im enjoying the game alot between always getting more trait points etc too

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Spent over 30 hours with this game and I haven't finished my 1st playthrough because I'm taking my time exploring everything. The gameplay, the shooting, the movement, the animations, they all feel so good. After watching some dev streams before release I was skeptical, but I'm glad I decided to give it a try.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
There are some valid criticisms, but he barely touched on any of them. He just went on a hyperbolic rant about how the game was "pathetic" and "creatively bankrupt".

Garbage video.
I don't give clicks to Jim Sterling, did he really say this? "pathetic"? "creatively bankrupt"? cause like, damn.

morrigan8bit

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
I don't give clicks to Jim Sterling, did he really say this? "pathetic"? "creatively bankrupt"? cause like, damn.

Ironic to see Sterling using the term "creatively bankrupt" considering he is a one trick pony.

I find his toxicity towards developers to be abhorrent. It doesn't matter if a game doesn't work out to be poor. No excuse.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is matchmaking straightforward and available from the start, or is there some arcane item I need to obtain first? Also is online working better on PS4 now?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Tip: when you're in Ward 13, go to the lower levels and open the doors. You will get a pretty sweet SMG. And read all the logs from the terminals. You will get a huge info dump on the story and what's been going on.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
He literally went and called Sinking City shit and then calling it a game with heart and genuine effort . The guy has shit tier opinions and that game was horrible, but kept making excuses why the devs put a lot of effort into that product...

Meanwhile he shits on this game to no end ehich is just truly baffling. I think he just hates coop games in general.