• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
After reading the games official subReddit there seems to a lot of little things missing, like not being able to rebind all keys, stamina issues when traversing the hub, no option to hold to spent, hold to aim etc, this may be one of those games that needs a patch or 2 to add requested features.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it is such a fun game. Do you guys have any news or plans for post launch support?
That's so nice to hear. We knew we were working on something special, but it's always cool to hear it from people who didn't work on the game.

We do have plans for post launch support. We're working on a free Adventure Mode update that should come out shortly after launch. And then we're planning on other content to come down the line. We'll talk more about the details as soon as we can.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Desert sets :

TISOwpo.jpg

7RH4tkQ.jpg

HiQcGa6.jpg

And a hidden weird ass melee weapon that basically explodes on impact :

fhmn1k3.jpg

8M76Jbg.jpg
Can you put in spoiler tags a more plain explanation of how to get those armors?

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
That's so nice to hear. We knew we were working on something special, but it's always cool to hear it from people who didn't work on the game.

We do have plans for post launch support. We're working on a free Adventure Mode update that should come out shortly after launch. And then we're planning on other content to come down the line. We'll talk more about the details as soon as we can.

Can you add (if not already in) dualshock 4 prompts onto the pc version?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
This is my las time I'll post about this, but can someone confirm that with their game on Public, they are being joined by other players?

Oct 27, 2017
Got to my first boss in a sewer just now. Killed me in about 2 hits. Decided I need some sleep as I'm working like 14 hours tomorrow. Sooo, the PC version. Does it indeed have text chat?

fiskyfisko

Mar 23, 2018
So I just finnished the game and here are some toughts:

pros:
- fun combat
- fun challenge
- nicely implemented souls mechanics
- some really amazing enemies
cons:
- actually zero weapon drops and also not enough weapons to craft (I have like 10 in total)
- I have like 6 armor sets in total
- lots of bad traits
- unbalanced boss fights (90% were one shots) then you have 1-2 that were ridicoulous
- buggy af last boss
- level desing is what you would expect from randomly generated stuff
- nothing interesting to hunt or craft for end game (maybe there is but I didn't notice)

I think it's worth the money if you have a coop buddy to have some fun times. 8 hours playtime.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to see objectives on the map? I'm probably missing something, but when I check the map I can't see where my current objective is.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017

pros:
- fun combat
- fun challenge
cons:
- actually zero weapon drops and also not enough weapons to craft (I have like 10 in total)
- lots of bad traits
- unbalanced boss fights (90% were one shots) then you have 1-2 that were ridicoulous
- buggy af last boss
- nothing interesting to hunt or craft for end game (maybe there is but I didn't notice)

I think it's worth the money if you have a coop buddy to have some fun times. 8 hours playtime.

Considering you only have 8 hours on the clock you must have not done very much exploration. The armor/gun count you have is telling.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019

pros:
- fun combat
- fun challenge
cons:
- lots of bad traits
- buggy af last boss

I got like 9 - 10 armor sets and still not done with the second zone

weapons / weapon mods are coming from world boss drops (the last boss of each zone), so you might not get a weapon when you kill a boss. Its part of the appeal of the game ... its meant to be replayed, because you'll get different bosses on your next run. You can also find weapons in dungeons

end game is nightmare and you'll definitely need the right sets with the right resistances.

Bleeding is kinda bullshit

bleeding is more than alright, its infected that kinda is bullshit if you don't have an oil on you lol (even if you can cancel the cough animation by doing a dodge, when this happens at the worst moment you're dooooooooooone)

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
For the devs lurking the thread, please consider adding an option for hold/toggle to sprint/crouch on the PC version. (KB+M)

Thanks!

Last edited:

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere

This game is super fun. Congrats on such a great game at a reasonable price tag.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
If you do join a co-op session with a buddy and play on their game, progress won't carry over to your solo. Went through 3 hours of co-op only to go through it again on my solo save.

To be expected, but a bit disappointed nonetheless.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
What class are people choosing? I went Ex-cultist since it mentioned something about a heal aura and I usually like playing support, and mid-range seems good as an all-arounder. What class is most popular so far?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

pros:
- fun combat
- fun challenge
cons:
- lots of bad traits
- buggy af last boss

8 hours and you've killed the last boss? That seems awfully low.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Can you put in spoiler tags a more plain explanation of how to get those armors?

Sure

just play the game 4head

Void set, aka area 51 is just taking the time to get the correct tiles pattern

this is not a complete path but basically :
bgoBSxW.jpg

Bones set is acquired by simply paying for secrets at the merchant, the same way you got that maxi stamina buff by talking to the old dude in his chopper on earth by just listening to his stories

Arabian set happened because I legit got stuck for hours lol. By exploring the desert zone and trying to make sense of what the fuck is going on in there, you'll actually go through a lot of vaults / dungeons that look IDENTICAL in terms of layout / assets. In these vaults - tunnels - whatever you wanna call them, you can find a glowing rod. You need to find three glowing rods and then head to the end of the Vault of the herald to open up 3 locks (its at the monolith part of the map)

The thing is, as aforementioned, all of these look exactly the same, which also is the case for the vault of the herald. On my end I got extremely confused, like "but I already went here !"

The weird weapon is in the Cursed Citadel section, you can't really miss that one

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like I got the posiblly easiest bosses. First one for me was an archer dude.

I have gorefist and I'm just fucking done. If it was just him I'd be ok, I've learned his attack pattern, but the addition of the eternally exploding adds just has me completely fucked. They'll run up behind and pop before I can even see them. I don't get it.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Also I don't know whats going on in my game, but from dark souls with guns it basically turned into Serious Sam in 3rd person. No downtime ever lol

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
My only complaint about this game thus far is the bosses have to much randomness in them. And I don't mean the order they spawn. I mean the bosses themselves. I've spoke to one of the devs in dms to make sure that it is rng related and it is. Which means there are literally times where you can do everything 100% right and still lose because RNGesus hated you and spawned stuff you can't kill fast enough.

This shouldn't happen. I haven't run into this myself through about 20+ clears. There is RNG to the spawns (sometimes it will spawn 2 enemies instead of 3) but it never should spawn an amount you can't deal with.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Has anyone rerolled their campaign to try and get different bosses yet? I'm wondering if I do how the iron drops work. Do they stay at your current level or do they go back to basics? Normally I would assume they would go back, but Sofetch during all the streams said rerolling the campaign was like newgame+ without having to beat it first. And if that's the case it would be weird to not be able to progress your character anymore except for traits until you got back X far into the game.

Resource drops are based off your average item level (it takes the highest item for every slot, regardless of it being equipped or not, then averages it out). If you have all +5 gear (in all six slots) then you will be considered "level 6" to the game and it will drop Forged Iron more often. At a certain average level, even enemy kills will start dropping basic iron then forged iron then galvanized etc.

Bleeding is kinda bullshit

Bandages are cheap (and fast to cast), so are Bloodworts. Bloodwort + Triage is a straight up nullifier even if you don't have a bandage. All our diseases are meant to be super annoying, but they are also managable.

cons:
- lots of bad traits
- buggy af last boss

There are at least 6 firearm drops in City, but in many cases, it depends which areas your campaign rolls. 2 of them are guaranteed no matter which way your campaign rolls. There are also weapon rewards in every other zone depending on dungeons and/or quests spawned for your campaign.

As for armor sets, you can buy the other starting archetype armors right off the bat (soon as you have money), which adds to the 2 you start with (your archetype, and adventurer). That's 5 in the first 30 mins. There are at least 3 other armor sets in city alone, then a handful split among the other zones. Of course, it's all based on dynamic generation (and exploration). Really depends what spawns for you and how much you explore. The game is absolutely meant to be played multiple times, so if you only ended up with 6 at the end of a full game, you either missed a few, skipped on a few, or they didn't spawn for you - any of those things are totally possible.

Unsure which traits you consider bad. "Lots" seems like... a lot. All of them have a use (at least we feel). They may not be equally exciting but they all contribute to certain playstyles or quality of life enhancements.

In regards to boss fights and one-shot, there is no boss in the game that can 1-shot you if your armor is even to their power level until you get into higher difficulties at much higher level (there IS a certain boss that can one shot you no matter what combination of defensive gear you have on sans a certain mod if they are level 22, you are PL 21, and it's Nightmare difficulty). If you were getting one shot by 90% of the bosses you faced (so between 8-13 bosses in one campaign) then your armor was just too low. Check your menu and expand "Advanced Stats" to check Zone Rating and see if you have DIAMONDS for the zone indicators. If you have 1 red chevron, you are 2 levels below. If you have 2 red chevrons, you are 5 levels below. This pertains to both offense and defense capabilities.

Last boss definitely has some bugs. Should be fixed in next patch.

Seems like if you only got 6 armor sets, you had a ton of stuff to hunt or craft for end-game. Every world boss can be dealt with one of two ways which awards a diff crafting material (to make a unique boss weapon). Different bosses (champions) spawn in different campaigns allowing different mods to be obtained. Different quests and dungeons spawn allowing you to obtain, craft, or even purchase different armors or weapons (or even trinkets).

A typical campaign run on normal takes about 12-15 hours depending how much you explore, and you won't have seen more than 50% of the game in that time, even if you scourered every corner... this is due to the dynamic generation. Play a second time and you won't see that other missing 50%, you might see another 20% or so and be able to interact with previous stuff in new ways (for diff rewards/outcomes). Overall, it should take much closer to 50 hours or so to see MOST everything, but I know people that have played 75-100 hours and still see new stuff once in a while.

Hope this helps. Also hope you had a great time in the time you played! We will keep adding, tweaking, updating, and polishing the foundation we have, and your feedback helps!

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I must really suck at this game, took me 2 hrs to beat the first Boss, the Shroud Boss. Please tell me that was actually a Boss.

My attempt right before I beat it literally had the game freeze as I was swinging my hatchet to deliver the killing blow. I haven't raged at a game like that in quite some time.

And yeah, bleeding seemed a little OP in that fight.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
This shouldn't happen. I haven't run into this myself through about 20+ clears. There is RNG to the spawns (sometimes it will spawn 2 enemies instead of 3) but it never should spawn an amount you can't deal with.

The boss in the church did this. At the 50 second mark 2 archers spawned. No problem, then at the 30 second mark 2 more and a brute spawned. I actually asked Josh if it was a bug in the discord and he said no. It was standard fair for that encounter. I gave him some feedback and it was a pleasent short conversation.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Resource drops are based off your average item level (it takes the highest item for every slot, regardless of it being equipped or not, then averages it out). If you have all +5 gear (in all six slots) then you will be considered "level 6" to the game and it will drop Forged Iron more often. At a certain average level, even enemy kills will start dropping basic iron then forged iron then galvanized etc.

Bandages are cheap (and fast to cast), so are Bloodworts. Bloodwort + Triage is a straight up nullifier even if you don't have a bandage. All our diseases are meant to be super annoying, but they are also managable.

There are at least 6 firearm drops in City, but in many cases, it depends which areas your campaign rolls. 2 of them are guaranteed no matter which way your campaign rolls. There are also weapon rewards in every other zone depending on dungeons and/or quests spawned for your campaign.

As for armor sets, you can buy the other starting archetype armors right off the bat (soon as you have money), which adds to the 2 you start with (your archetype, and adventurer). That's 5 in the first 30 mins. There are at least 3 other armor sets in city alone, then a handful split among the other zones. Of course, it's all based on dynamic generation (and exploration). Really depends what spawns for you and how much you explore. The game is absolutely meant to be played multiple times, so if you only ended up with 6 at the end of a full game, you either missed a few, skipped on a few, or they didn't spawn for you - any of those things are totally possible.

Unsure which traits you consider bad. "Lots" seems like... a lot. All of them have a use (at least we feel). They may not be equally exciting but they all contribute to certain playstyles or quality of life enhancements.

In regards to boss fights and one-shot, there is no boss in the game that can 1-shot you if your armor is even to their power level until you get into higher difficulties at much higher level (there IS a certain boss that can one shot you no matter what combination of defensive gear you have on sans a certain mod if they are level 22, you are PL 21, and it's Nightmare difficulty). If you were getting one shot by 90% of the bosses you faced (so between 8-13 bosses in one campaign) then your armor was just too low. Check your menu and expand "Advanced Stats" to check Zone Rating and see if you have DIAMONDS for the zone indicators. If you have 1 red chevron, you are 2 levels below. If you have 2 red chevrons, you are 5 levels below. This pertains to both offense and defense capabilities.

Seems like if you only got 6 armor sets, you had a ton of stuff to hunt or craft for end-game. Every world boss can be dealt with one of two ways which awards a diff crafting material (to make a unique boss weapon). Different bosses (champions) spawn in different campaigns allowing different mods to be obtained. Different quests and dungeons spawn allowing you to obtain, craft, or even purchase different armors or weapons (or even trinkets).

A typical campaign run on normal takes about 12-15 hours depending how much you explore, and you won't have seen more than 50% of the game in that time, even if you scourered every corner... this is due to the dynamic generation. Play a second time and you won't see that other missing 50%, you might see another 20% or so and be able to interact with previous stuff in new ways (for diff rewards/outcomes). Overall, it should take much closer to 50 hours or so to see MOST everything, but I know people that have played 75-100 hours and still see new stuff once in a while.

Hope this helps. Also hope you had a great time in the time you played! We will keep adding, tweaking, updating, and polishing the foundation we have, and your feedback helps!

Where can I buy bandages? Thanks, fun game!

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Boss Fight 3 is making me really reconsider the effectiveness of the evasion mechanics. Here's hoping there are more movement options later on but I doubt it.

fiskyfisko

Mar 23, 2018

Thank you for long answer! by the one shot I meant that me and my buddy killed the boss on first try, those bosses usually just looked like normal enemies with one extra attack with not much more health. The double moth boss with last boss were the only ones that made us sweat and were fun to fight.

I also think I got a lil bamboozled by gamespot gameplay preview and few people that talked about the game like if it was a looter shooter with random drops.

After the first world we kinda stopped exploring because it wasn't that rewarding and chests were always just dropping scraps with some iron wich stopped being exciting quickly.

About those traits - there's a crit chance, reload speed and ranged damage. Those seem to me like absolute must have and I would not put my points anywhere else.

Last edited:

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I must really suck at this game, took me 2 hrs to beat the first Boss, the Shroud Boss. Please tell me that was actually a Boss.

My attempt right before I beat it literally had the game freeze as I was swinging my hatchet to deliver the killing blow. I haven't raged at a game like that in quite some time.

And yeah, bleeding seemed a little OP in that fight.
Nah depending on your setup it can be ultra hard. And of course what items you have. I mean 2 hours is a long time for sure but Shroud is a legit b*tch at times. I see that comment pretty much everywhere I go. There are ways to of course minimize it. Don't get too down. The skills you learn even if its just aiming and the feel for a game is usually higher from those times even if it can feel like you are legit terrible.

Thank you for long answer! by the one shot I meant that me and my buddy killed the boss on first try, those bosses usually just looked like normal enemies with one extra attack with not much more health. The double moth boss with last boss were the only ones that made us sweat and were fun to fight.

I also think I got a lil bamboozled by gamespot gameplay preview and few people that talked about the game like if it was a looter shooter with random drops.

After the first world we kinda stopped exploring because it wasn't that rewarding and chests were always just dropping scraps with some iron wich stopped being exciting quickly.

The Moth enemy is legit hard. How did you guys end up doing it. It was a pure wittle fest for us

Last edited:

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 8 hours in and I've only killed 2 bosses. 4 hours of that time was between the two bosses I killed they are so damned crazy. And the Xbox xp glitch isn't helping. I've not actually earned a single trait from killing enemies. They have ALL been from tomes