• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Just finished the second boss. Definitely a fun time to be had but I've had more than my fair share of the first zone.

Get me into the WEIRD shit already.

I take it that the game is primarly a shooter and the melee combat isn't that deep, right?
Are there active skills?

The window of canceling gunfire into rolls or melee strikes is very, very generous so it's important to keep melee in mind. Ammo isn't particularly an issue but in boss fights, where if you don't buy ammo boxes you're mostly relying on drops, it's always good to mix it up with strikes and shots.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Just stumbled upon and killed Singe, is that an optional boss? Just running around and exploring and there seem to be tons of bosses, but this one seemed main story-ish to me.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
We are having such a great time in the office today reading all the impressions and watching all the streams coming in. So stoked to see the response.

And Shroud is a dick.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
We are having such a great time in the office today reading all the impressions and watching all the streams coming in. So stoked to see the response.

And Shroud is a dick.
It's such a different and good game. I think I got someone else than Shroud if you mean the boss in the sewers, my one was a brute with a huge axe and swarming exploding minions.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
tragic Congrats on an awesome game, I can't stop playing it! And Queen Of Hunting thanks for making an awesome OT and hyping up the game everywhere :D

It was an entire team effort, Gunfire and PW! I'm glad everyone is having a good time (bugs aside). Even with a couple of the minor progression blockers (which we've already fixed and should be up soon), the fact that you can reroll the campaign and keep all your stuff has made it a lot easier for the people that did get stuck. Super cool community so far, everyone seems to be having a blast!

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
tragic i said id tag you with a few screens so here goes :D maya aswell tag DashReindeer

game is awesome loving eveyr moment so far.

48553643147_e962ceca23_o.png

48553495701_b89ced695b_o.png

48553641607_308dec7351_o.png

Kurumi

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this game is really fun. Well worth the purchase. tragic I can tell you guys worked hard on it. Can't wait to see what content you have planned post launch.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Finally the rest of my group starts looking at the game:D
I will win them over...it is that good!

Tart Toter 9K

Oct 25, 2017
I've been really enjoying my time with the game so far.
I really like how you get all your ammo back on checkpoints as that makes me actually use the shotgun for once. Knowing that you'll always have full ammo before a boss fight makes me worry less about conserving.
The hub world is huge too with plenty to find and see!

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
This game reminds me of a Post Apocalyptic version of Stargate SG-1. You go from world to world experiencing alien cultures and also lots of shooting... the shooting is addictive though. Also I enjoy how i don't lose everything just because I die.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
I've been really enjoying my time with the game so far.
I really like how you get all your ammo back on checkpoints as that makes me actually use the shotgun for once. Knowing that you'll always have full ammo before a boss fight makes me worry less about conserving.
The hub world is huge too with plenty to find and see!

Yea, if I hadn't been watching Cohh stream I wouldn't even explore the whole hub :) And you can find nice weapon in the hub :P

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
For those who aren't particularly fans of co-op or simply haven't tried it yet...do it. There's a certain charm in just being amongst the dodge-rolling madness and chaos that are co-op boss fights.

Makeshift Chef

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Just purchased this on Xbox. Couldn't resist. Looking forward to giving it a go later tonight. Add me on Xbox if anyone's playing there (gt is the same as my username here).

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Never heard of this before but am intrigued. Does it have classes/abilities, or is differentiation provided by gear, or is it more everyone shooting/meleeing and rolling to win?

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
So how does multi work exactly? Does it join me to people in the same level/story chapter as me, it's random or it works somehow else?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Played for a couple of hours until the first boss (which was refreshingly hard as hell!!) and it's so much fun, I'm instantly in love with it, fantastic!

Devs congrats on the game! (And please chAnge the blinding white screen on the bonfire to something less painful on the eyes)

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, by the by, the map pointer has been pretty useless to me. Would you maybe consider a different solution? Like a more accurate arrow or like a 3d AR style marker?

I feel like that one area in Borderlands 1 where the arrow shows one area but the quest item is like 30 feet away in a burnt out car.

Love the experience otherwise.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best part about this game? The curly hair style for female characters that has hair physics. Feel like I never seen curly hair in games, none-the-less hair that isn't glued in place.

Also the art style is lovely. I'm still only in the first zone but I love the post-apocalyptic look for the city, it's simultaneously beautiful and creepy.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Well day 1 has been fun. First world boss down which was a ton of fun. The links in the story to Chronos seem to be building and building too, excited to see where it all leads.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
One massive complaint I have for co-op... If you fall off, you're 100% dead until the other player(s) reach a checkpoint. Makes it pretty lame when you're halfway through and roll off the level by accident.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
I'm soo tempted but I already have soo much on my plate right now xD

But I must say, I looked into this after hearing Cohh mention the name of the game while playing ONI, and it has been a long time since I found myself being so interested in a totally new game at first glance.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
My only complaint about this game thus far is the bosses have to much randomness in them. And I don't mean the order they spawn. I mean the bosses themselves. I've spoke to one of the devs in dms to make sure that it is rng related and it is. Which means there are literally times where you can do everything 100% right and still lose because RNGesus hated you and spawned stuff you can't kill fast enough.