• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, if I buy the game today for PC It just unlocks and I can play it indefinitely as though it launched or is the VIP Access only accessible for today?

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit some of the bossfights later in the game... I haven't had adrenaline pump this good since Sekiro.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm looking forward to learning more about the world and all of that, looks really interesting.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Given Doc is really particular about gun-combat and the feel of guns in games, his tweets are damn high praise. And he's right about the marketing - this has gone from "Oh, yeah, I wishlisted it awhile ago" to "Hell yeah, I don't have a machine that'll run it for another month or so, but I'll buy it over this weekend" for me,. And I'm sure for a lot of others, if this OT and the previous hype thread are anything to go by.
He's actually why I even saw this game in the first place. I just looked up and oh shit it's 5 am and I've already put 2 and a half hours into the game, whoops.

Oct 27, 2017
Game is fantastic, played all night. Looks great, plays great, loot and mods seem fun so far and the overall progression system should keep you hooked.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question, does it have cosmetic armor? Or the loot is just stats apart from the weapons?

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I had to work this morning so I only played last night up to the first checkpoint in a sewer. I like it so far. I went with the Scrapper and the shotgun just decimates everything I've run into.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Would love some impressions from a solo player of moderate skill and patience (like me). Combat looks like a lot of fun, but I've never clicked with any of the Soulsborne games.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would love some impressions from a solo player of moderate skill and patience (like me). Combat looks like a lot of fun, but I've never clicked with any of the Soulsborne games.
I have about 50 hours in it. And I did more than half of that solo. I would say it will test you. I would say I am above average but I understand the patience thing as well as any unfair elements and all games have them and so does Remnant. Its not close to perfect. That being said. Patience is what is going to probably pay off most. And understanding how to NOT push bad situations. Multiple days of 10 hours a day isn't unheard of from me when reviewing and analyzing a game but I would say if there wasn't something here I would have moved on.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are getting me hyped, I was interested in getting this and the impressions are sounding very nice.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
How's it look on the 1X/4K?

I have no idea what class I'm going to pick. That doesn't really lock you into a path, I think, though.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I have about 50 hours in it. And I did more than half of that solo. I would say it will test you. I would say I am above average but I understand the patience thing as well as any unfair elements and all games have them and so does Remnant. Its not close to perfect. That being said. Patience is what is going to probably pay off most. And understanding how to NOT push bad situations. Multiple days of 10 hours a day isn't unheard of from me when reviewing and analyzing a game but I would say if there wasn't something here I would have moved on.
Exactly what I was looking for - thanks, Karak. Looking forward to your review.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
How are the control options on PC? Does it control fine with a controller, think i'd rather play this with one.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How are the control options on PC? Does it control fine with a controller, think i'd rather play this with one.
It does. The game can have a large amount of twisting and turning as enemies both flank you and also can sprint/animate past you incredible fast depending on their powers and such. Which can make dialing a control in for quick turning versus attacking down but luckily there are sensitivity bars for all of them.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Glad to hear all the great impressions. The game seems really cool with all the customization you can do.

Going to check out some streams on my lunch break to see more.

It's too bad PS4 doesn't have the early access period. Due to that, if I wind up getting it, I'll go for steam.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I need this work day to end soon so I can get home and play! Literally done everything I would normally do on the weekends throughout this week so that I can play all weekend, uninterrupted. What has me most hyped are some of the impressions of later game bosses, they sound insane!

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It does. The game can have a large amount of twisting and turning as enemies both flank you and also can sprint/animate past you incredible fast depending on their powers and such. Which can make dialing a control in for quick turning versus attacking down but luckily there are sensitivity bars for all of them.

Sounds good, i'll probably go for the PC version then if I do get this.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks really fun and atmospheric, but I've been burnt with my purchases lately.

I'd still love to try it with my friends. Maybe for Black Friday, as I probably shouldn't spend on games right now.

Hope you're all enjoying it, either way.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yea... Y'all werent lying: the game FEELS good. They nailed it.

One thing I wish we could do in addition to a short sprint + slide is be able to shoot while sliding like in Apex legends. Would be cool af.

But man I can't describe why it feels so good. It's not really doing anything revolutionary. Maybe it is the 60fps I'm getting that makes it feel so good. Maybe it is smooth controller setup they got going on here. I dunno, man.