• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Flo_Evans

Oct 25, 2017
lmao congrats!

fuck parking tickets. Although my city has switched to an app and its SO MUCH BETTER.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
My man out here with 8 grand in tickets on his head, god damn. So the PPA is a private company, OP?

Private is inaccurate as they are sanctioned by the City of Philadelphia to regulate street parking and in PPA Parking lots. They don't have the power to arrest or otherwise impede a persons driving privileges as there jurisdiction is limited to the City of Philadelphia and they mainly deal with plate numbers. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on the other hand controls both Traffic Court and the DMV, which means they can really fuck up your day (suspended registration and Drivers License. Arrest warrants and "Scofflaw" lockups)

This thread will haunt me during my Mayoral Campaign 2019 wont it?

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
sorta.

Sorry y'all I just left the gig.

First of all the PPA is a shithole of a organization that preys on the little guy. Look at the old Parking Wars show. That shit was for real.

Second look at the video in the link. Notice a trend? I'm not saying I'm just saying.

And it was more lile 8 racks but I had to dispute some and pay the rest. Parking tickets never expire and some of these are from like 15+ years ago. I played the game with them like they did with me. When I was in tech school I would park on the street and forget to feed the meter and when I racked up enough tickets I would change the plates or sell the car. Its all game.

How can anyone get used to this? Literally in 12 years of driving I've gotten one camera light ticket, and one speeding ticket. Zero parking tickets... All of them-- I paid the day of infarction, online. The last thing I need is the law on my ass. Arent you afraid? Well, apparently not lol

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Private is inaccurate as they are sanctioned by the City of Philadelphia to regulate street parking and in PPA Parking lots. They don't have the power to arrest or otherwise impede a persons driving privileges as there jurisdiction is limited to the City of Philadelphia and they mainly deal with plate numbers. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on the other hand controls both Traffic Court and the DMV, which means they can really fuck up your day (suspended registration and Drivers License. Arrest warrants and "Scofflaw" lockups)

This thread will haunt me during my Mayoral Campaign 2019 wont it?

I don't live in Philly but I'll find a way to vote for you. The thread won't hurt if if you Abolish this PPA crap. Fucking balls of steel or you've lived a life that has you no fucks left to give.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's crazy. But unless you're parking in handicap spaces or some shit all the power to ya. Parking tickets are a scam.

Never had one personally tho.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
The amount of bizarre rationalization by the OP is staggering. I lived in Philly for two years and never once got a parking ticket.

But sure, be selfish and irresponsible then brag about it on the internet.

2 whole years in Philly and not having to deal with the PPA? You must be a wizard. Me and all the other saps waited in line like chumps. And the city implemented a amnesty program for shits and giggles.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I'm also sorry.

I'm very glad I made the life choices I did to not be the person who made this thread.

Now this is something I can get behind. Learn from me what not to do.

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Oh, thread necro. So many banned users.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
MV5BMTk1MmRhZjUtOGFiYy00ODhlLTgwZTctZmZkMWQ5Y2EwMmY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Dudes...look at the video in the link. Watch an episode of Parking Wars. They are predators of the poor and they feast on the indulgences of courrpt political figures. I'm not saying I did this out of any type of service, I've been said fuck the PPA but there is a reason they put the amnesty out there in the first place. They know what they have been doing to us for years.

Some Felony charges can't last as long as these tickets.

$6000 kind of blew my mind, but you're absolutely right about this. They exist simply to fuck over poor people. And they'll lie about times and locations to pile on fines.

San Francisco Parking enforcement can go fuck themselves. Total pieces of shit. They'll lie about the incline of the street you're on to increase the fine.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dudes...look at the video in the link. Watch an episode of Parking Wars. They are predators of the poor and they feast on the indulgences of courrpt political figures. I'm not saying I did this out of any type of service, I've been said fuck the PPA but there is a reason they put the amnesty out there in the first place. They know what they have been doing to us for years.

Some Felony charges can't last as long as these tickets.
"Predators of the poor" yet you admit you willfully broke the law constantly...

Good on you for getting rid of it all but god damn you aren't a victim if you're knowingly that irresponsible.

edit: oh shit this is from a year ago lol, thought this thread was brand new

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have a close friend who is normal in every way but she's a parking violation scofflaw serial nutcase. She parks anywhere she feels like and wanders off to work or dinner or whatever and just collects tickets like they are rare pokemons.

Her husband is extremely detail oriented and civic minded and it drives him bananas. Her reasoning when confronted is to laugh giddily and point out how silly it all is like a gilded age Flapper girl giggling that her besty just OD'd on Laudanum at an illegal speakeasy and what a shocking little tramp she was anyway.

She has paid an eye-watering amount of fines, been booted, towed, cited and lectured. No comeuppance.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Someone should develop an app that tells you when you can and cannot park in a certain spot based on the street signage.
Does something like this exist already?

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
We have a close friend who is normal in every way but she's a parking violation scofflaw serial nutcase. She parks anywhere she feels like and wanders off to work or dinner or whatever and just collects tickets like they are rare pokemons.

Her husband is extremely detail oriented and civic minded and it drives him bananas. Her reasoning when confronted is to laugh giddily and point out how silly it all is like a gilded age Flapper girl giggling that her besty just OD'd on Laudanum at an illegal speakeasy and what a shocking little tramp she was anyway.

She has paid an eye-watering amount of fines, been booted, towed, cited and lectured. No comeuppance.
why are you friends with harley quinn

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I played the game the right way for years, it was only after that I didn't give a fuck.
You mean you parked legally for years and then stopped caring randomly? Not sure what you mean I guess.

I live in a small city where they are really tight-assed with parking and I juggle my car around town on a daily basis to avoid tickets. Been here almost 4 years and I only got a ticket once so far due to fucking up during a pop-up snow ban.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
You mean you parked legally for years and then stopped caring randomly? Not sure what you mean I guess.

I live in a small city where they are really tight-assed with parking and I juggle my car around town on a daily basis to avoid tickets. Been here almost 4 years and I only got a ticket once so far due to fucking up during a pop-up snow ban.

I mean previous to this adventure, I paid all my tickets and parked as legally as can be expected. I only stopped caring after getting screwed in various other driving adventures. Let me give you an example.

There are 3 main bodies that handle citations and such for the City of Philadelphia.

The Parking Authority
Traffic Court
PennDot (DMV)

All of those bodies can f your life up but none of the computers are networked nor are they in close proximity to each other. So you can be clear in 2 dept and walk away thinking everything is fine until you get a notice in the mail saying the 3rd place never heard from you and you only find out after they suspend, impound and or fine you up the wall. Like I've stated before there was a reason Parking Wars was filmed in Philly as it would not be a compelling program if it was in a city or town in which the system worked, that would be boring. Also take a look at the link from the OP, look at the folks in line and tell me they aren't predators.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
You ignored the problem until it went away? Truly the height of adult living.

I played the long game just like the city does.

So; wouldn't not paying the fine completely destroy your credit?
(That ship sailed a long time ago) As far as I remember, they can come after you through creditors but they CAN NOT report you to the 3 major credit bureaus. However, some of those tickets were s long ago, they would have fell off the report after 7 years anyway.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean previous to this adventure, I paid all my tickets and parked as legally as can be expected. I only stopped caring after getting screwed in various other driving adventures. Let me give you an example.

There are 3 main bodies that handle citations and such for the City of Philadelphia.

The Parking Authority
Traffic Court
PennDot (DMV)

All of those bodies can f your life up but none of the computers are networked nor are they in close proximity to each other. So you can be clear in 2 dept and walk away thinking everything is fine until you get a notice in the mail saying the 3rd place never heard from you and you only find out after they suspend, impound and or fine you up the wall. Like I've stated before there was a reason Parking Wars was filmed in Philly as it would not be a compelling program if it was in a city or town in which the system worked, that would be boring. Also take a look at the link from the OP, look at the folks in line and tell me they aren't predators.
Damn, welp, you've made a good case, that's awful. Helps to know that much about it I suppose.

I got panicky when I owed just one ticket here, but I don't know in such detail how it works here and how much I could get away with. It's a little rich town(even though I'm barely scraping by) where the police are hyper-examining everything and I'm pretty sure they know my car because I'm constantly utilizing free parking(even parking in those spots for days). Just last night they called my parent's home a few cities away to "remind them" that my car's registration expired a couple months ago and if they caught someone driving it, it would get towed. The only reason they don't contact me here is because I refuse to put my information into the town registry/census so I can hide out in this inconspicuous building lol

The system is overbearing as fuck, indeed. I think if I tried to evade parking tickets here I'd be targeted and watched so quickly.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
So are you going to start parking better now?

Yes but here's the new thing. I'm about to move out of the city and I will finally have a garage to keep my project car off the street. Problem is while I don't drive the car and it's parked on the street in a normal fashion, The inspection has expired and cops will ticket it for having bad stickers in the window. I guess you're not allowed to have a row home and work on cars but I'm willing to deal with that.