• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark chocolate or Milk chocolate

• Dark chocolate - I have adult tastebuds

Votes: 406 56.4%
  • Milk chocoate - I have babybuds instead of tastebuds

Votes: 314 43.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I know you probably thought we were allies because I crusaded walnuts in brownies, and i do like both dark and milk chocolate.
But these dark chocolate and black coffee threads always smell a bit like fragile masculinity, it just ruins the flavour.
That's like, food science.

558891-W20EFgRtqQ0EsHY0.jpg

I had this a few weeks ago with GF. Savored over a weekend.

716270001707-1_1_1.jpg

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Dark.
I generally avoid milk chocolate. I love dark chocolate.

I don't love super super dark chocolate, like those 90% cacao or whatever are too high for me. I like dark and semi sweet, so basically anything 70% and up. With like 80% probably my wheel house

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
High quality chocolate is great no matter the percentage. Though I usually find my favorites in the 70-80% range.
Favorite brands are Zotter for dark chocolate and Fazer for regular Milk chocolate.

Criollo beans are of course a favorite.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Dark. 85% cacao and higher. Not only tastes better but also a reasonably healthy treat.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the keto diet so I can only eat dark chocolate currently. But good milk chocolate is divine, it's not just the taste it's the texture. Crunchy dark chocolate can't compete with smooth creamy melt in your mouth milk chocolate.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Both are good but dark chocolate is far superior.

If you're going for the true baby tastebuds 'chocolate' it's white.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
The two options reflect the nature of choice in life; to do any one thing is to put it at the exclusion of all others, in that moment. To sleep you must forgo another round of fortnite, so to say.
My opinion in the heat of the moment would be to reach for dark chocolate because I fear social ostracism due to perception that I am baby for choosing milk

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've gone from hating dark chocolate to finding it okay ever since I started keto but milk chocolate is the best.

Canadian KitKat is literally better than any dark chocolate.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Yesterday this thread popped up:

And disturbingly, 54.7% of Era has been exposed as possessing FAILBUDS instead of tastebuds.

Now is your chance at redemption.

Dark Chocolate vs Milk Chocolate. The correct answer is always dark chocolate.

Milk chocolate wins, I'll go no avatar for the next week., HAVE A HERSEY'S KISS AS MY AVATAR.

darkchoc-1.jpg

For the win.

EDIT: I've been called out, rightfully for chickening out.

I shall have a hersey's kiss as my logo if failchocolate wins.

The real answer is white chocolate.

Oct 25, 2017
Milk is better. That dark is winning reminds me of that one ERA thread where people tried to pretend salads are a better side than fries.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dark chocolate but it has to be around 80% any higher it gets to bitter, when higher cacao using the dark chocolates for mocha makes it great though

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I only like dark chocolate if it's not too dark (like 50-60%). Pure bitterness is not enjoyable for me to eat at all; it's a chore. I genuinely don't even comprehend the people who have to have it as dark as possible (90-99%) and are able to not hate the experience.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I used to despise dark chocolate as a kid and well into my teens but for some reason my taste started changing in my twenties and I now vastly prefer it over milk chocolate.

Milk chocolate is too sweet for me nowadays. The perfect dark for me is 60-70% cacoa . Anything above 70 and it starts to get too bitter for me.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Dark chocolate is disgusting

Extra creamy lindt milk chocolate destroys everything

As does the Millka chocolate bar

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
56%
44%

I'm calling it ERA

V.I.C.T.O.R.Y

victory_dance_by_erdab-d69h7sy.gif

I'm signing out for the weekend, see y'all on MONDAY.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
It's weird that even though I'm a sugar addict I don't like chocolate that's less than 80%.