• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sgs2008

Mar 25, 2019
Hopefully I'll be able to play at 4k 60 with mostly maxed settings. Holding out was worth it

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Finally! My old rig will cry but I'm still pre-ordering. Hopefully, they'll do transfer of online characters.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the online didn't suck so hard I would maybe go day one on the Rockstar Launcher. But it does so I can easily wait for a sale.

Shame, I actually really liked GTAO, warts and all.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Only a 1 month delay in the Steam Release? Is Tim Sweeney that desperate to give money away to developers?

But really this is awesome news; I'll definitely be purchasing the game again in December.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
Epic is going to sell 1mil+ copies in that month. Probably isn't that pathetic.

The real question is am I going to double dip.

Babado

Dec 3, 2018
Lol, Epic really thinks people will buy this on their store because of one month delay?

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm less excited about this than I thought I'd be. My PC is nowhere near powerful enough to run this well, whereas it already looks and plays wonderfully on my Xbox One X. M&KB controls is the biggest draw for me, but not enough for me to spend $1,500 on a new PC.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Just so you know, they recently updated Red Dead Online with SUPER tight controls across the board.

The looting is instant, movement is much faster in every way, menus move faster, animations are faster, etc.

If we aren't given the option to use these controls in the single player, there will certainly be a mod available day 1.

Shit's gonna be great. So pumped. I'm in the middle if a replay of RDR2 right now and I'm looking forward to another :D

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
New single player content as well. I'll take it, however small it may be. Got a feeling the new weapons are just the added LeMat and Evans that came to RDO only, but we will see.

If the online didn't suck so hard I would maybe go day one on the Rockstar Launcher. But it does so I can easily wait for a sale.

I mean, it actually kind of doesn't at this point and it's actually really good, but okay.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Nice was expecting next year.

Also lol at epic buying 1 month exclusivity. 10 mil well invested

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
If they paid for a delay/exclusivity window the cost:time period ratio must be up there as one of the most extreme in the industry, lol.

I already decided Death Stranding was my main November game so even if it was day one on Steam I wouldn't play it until December, so this works fine for me.

Hope the game has ray tracing support.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
If that were the only reason, the EGS version would be delayed just like the steam one.
EGS may have had a better chance since, like Uplay games, you won't really even need the EGS launcher after you buy the game on EGS, Money to put it there (who knows if "no putting it on steam" was even brought up, especially for a month), and it's a lower than 30% cut if someone happens to buy it there.

I look forward to some insight on how Rockstar handled all of this, what deals were made, and I'm actually shocked they are putting it on Steam at all compared to some Ubisoft games only being on Uplay and EGS. It seems like Rockstar doesn't really have big plans for their launcher.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what the current Rockstar policy is with Steam titles? Do they force you to run the game through the Rockstar launcher anyway? If not then I'll wait for Steam, but if they force you to use the Rockstar launcher anyway then I might as well just get it there.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Cool, already have way too many games to play so I'll wait for a sale.

The real surprise here is it coming to "Rockstar Store", Steam and EGS with no exclusivity.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
This November is gonna kill me.

RDR2
Pokemon
Death Stranding
Zoo Planet
Outer Wilds
Potentially Star Wars

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
xay11572li611.jpg

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Very cool, I'll wait a bit after the Steam release to see what mods people make. I'd like to see more QOL updates like faster animations.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, we're getting extra story content too?

Also, the 1 month exclusivity is so pointless.