• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fair to say that Spider-Man will be a launch title, or at least within the launch window.

But still, it is very strange to come away from this conference not really knowing any of the titles that will be there on Day One.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Marvel's Spider-Man: MM will receive solid scores I suspect (better than any exclusive PS4 launch game) but more so it's unquestionably an absolute killer commercially like Sony has never had for a launch prior. It will be a huge game and already the standalone trailer is just racing upwards on YouTube. A ton of people will be very happy with that on day one.

As for my tastes I believe Godfall and Astro's Playroom will be more for me. I'm not very thrilled about that lineup but on the other hand 2021 seems super stellar (the rest of the Sony titles shown in conference).

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
You also don't know the price, launch date or anything else about either console's launch strategy. Annnnnnnd it's not available for pre-order yet.

Premature by a few months, I'd say.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
They are clearly spreading things out like launch date, lineup and price until my guess, after xbox does their thing. I am pretty sure we will get a more complete picture around august. Asking for a clear lineup at this point is a bit premature

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Whatever games are there, I bet you that Fortnite and Warzone will be there on day 1.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I was ready to preorder a PS5 before I saw the conference and now that's it's over I don't know what I would even be playing on day 1. Correct me if I'm wrong but are the only games currently confirmed:
NBA2k21
Spiderman Miles
Astrobot
Godfall

Am I missing something here? I'm sure corona has thrown everything into a tizzy but it seems like waiting til 2021 makes more sense.
How were you ready before knowing anything about launch but now not when you have decent games? What would waiting do anyway? Doubtful the console will be cheaper anyway by then.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
many more reveals will happen this summer (cod, warner bros, ea)

when they announce price and date, we'll get the full launch lineup.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they didn't have many dates, definitely the biggest part I didn't like. And when Sony shows something without a date, I don't expect it anytime soon. And I don't think you're missing anything. Seems like the Spiderman expansion will be their big thing.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
This isn't the only PS5 event this summer. Sony's got more coming throughout the next few weeks/months. We'll probably learn more about the launch line up with all of them.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
So we can expect on top what was in OP.

Deathloop
Watch Dogs Legion
Assassins Creed
Cod Black Ops
Sports
Cyberpunk (with at least BC)
Ghosts of Tsushima (with at least BC)
Last of Us 2 (with at least BC)
Could add several other Fall titles to the BC list as well, Wasteland, Avengers, etc.

Several indie games im sure. Plus we have many days of reveals from many companies.

dancmc

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
several cool games announced. My assumption is that only the games with definitive holiday 2020 notices on today's trailers are potential launch games. Was hoping R&C was launch, but Spiderman will do

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
No need to talk about the launch lineup. Remember, Sony said this is the "first in the line of updates".

expect a SOP in August about launch lineup, prices, and pre orders opening

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
So we can expect on top what was in OP.

Deathloop
Watch Dogs Legion
Assassins Creed
Cod Black Ops
Sports
Cyberpunk (with at least BC)
Ghosts of Tsushima (with at least BC)
Last of Us 2 (with at least BC)
Could add several other Fall titles to the BC list as well, Wasteland, Avengers, etc.

Several indie games im sure. Plus we have many days of reveals from many companies.

Outlanders and DiRT 5 as well

Jan 29, 2018
I don't think they intended to make the launch lineup clear. They've said there will be more events leading up to launch.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Afaik so far the ones confirmed for launch are:

Spider-Man Miles Morales
Deathloop
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Astro's Playroom
(free)
Godfall

One's that need to yet be confirmed.

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
Gran Turismo 7
Demon Soul's

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
I understand Covid is playing a big role in delays. Hell, we're lucky to be getting new consoles this year at all. I just wish Sony would be more definitive with games like Ratchet and Demon's Souls and give 2021 windows if they aren't coming this year.

GT7 and Horizon 2 I already feel are beyond launch but Ratchet showed a good amount of gameplay so I was surprised at the lack of a date.

Side note, it sounds like SpiderMan Miles isn't a mainline game but a Lost Legacy type 1.5 game. Do we know if it's even PS5 exclusive? Maybe they just gave the release dates for cross gen games and are waiting on PS5 exclusives until they know a launch date?

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I dunno. Spider-Man and Deathloop is looking like a solid 1-2 punch.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping that Horizon: Forbidden West would make launch. Maybe a possibility?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
nothing's been announced yet so chill abit first? There's not even price or availability date for the box..and u r jumping the gun based on first 'reactions'.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Don't expect full lineup for the release until august/september at the earliest. Sony still has a planned event for August, and might be holding some stuff back till then

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Spider-Man makes launch it'll be Sony's strongest launch line-up ever first party wise (except the Vita which had an amazing launch)

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean we don't even know when launch is so I'm not really worried about not knowing the launch lineup yet, I'm sure they'll make it clear when they announce the date/price

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't catch it but is Astro bot vr only or can it be played without?
I don't think they would have announced AstroBot if it was VR-exclusive. It's almost certainly going to be available for people without headsets. The original game works great in VR, but there was really no gameplay reason to limit the audience to PSVR owners. It would have played just fine on a regular TV.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I understand Covid is playing a big role in delays. Hell, we're lucky to be getting new consoles this year at all. I just wish Sony would be more definitive with games like Ratchet and Demon's Souls and give 2021 windows if they aren't coming this year.

Meh, it isn't like the PS4 start, there are many third party games releasing this Fall and all of them are at least BC. Sony would be dumb to release 2-3 heavy AAA games into that. MS too.

We're getting Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed, Avengers, CyberPunk, Cod/MAdden/Fifa/NBA, and the announcements have just started. A Batman game is rumored for the Fall, possibly a Crash game, and who knows what else. Everything I just listed will sell over a million copies easily between their systems. Competition is hot.

IMHO, Demon Souls and R&C should be February/April. Horizon, September of next year.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Not much for me at launch. Let's see how the months span. The Covid situation isn't improving much here, can imagine how uncertain development and distribution will be in the months ahead.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think its because Sony doesn't know the launch lineup either. Covid has majorly screwed up game dev for several months now. Stuff is probably in flux.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
For now you can assume the already announced/obvious third party games and spider-man/astrobot which is a pack in game.
I don't think sony is hiding any major unannounced titles releasing this year that weren't in their conference, also anything coming this year would seemingly at least have a holiday 2020 date on it by now. I don't think they're going to come out and say Ratchet/other major first party games are suddenly dropping day 1.
There's presumably quite a few third party multiplats we have yet to see dates for that will be launch titles.

If ratchet/GT7 are somehow dropping at launch and they couldn't lock that down for the conference then good for them, more power to everyone.