• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This is awesome news for fans of the game and generally for the industry seeing more well known games introducing cross play.

That said, I can't bring myself to play the console port of PUBG. Has it improved much?

Nov 28, 2017
Great news.

Console crossplay should become so standard in ALL games (and one matchmaking pool), so much so that in the very near future even mentioning the word crossplay for PR purposes, should fade away. It is ONE platform, with just different OS backend/file systems/arbitrary restrictions.

The only (albeit VALID) debate is PC > Console crossplay.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Oh man I hope this becomes the standard. Maybe Wargroove still has a chance

May 17, 2018
Smart move. Debating on picking up the PS4 version even though I already have the XBX version. I just use my PS4 more often. That's a dumb idea, though, right?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is awesome but still a bit disappointing how sony only allows it for the biggest games when small games are the ones that benefit the most from cross play.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Tear the fucking wall down Sony. Let developers figure it out

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Iirc PUBG kinda bombed on PS4?
I remember it charted high on NPD's when it launched on Xbox and was a top performer in the Xbox Store for a long time. It launched on PS4 and it seemed like nobody cared. At the very least if that was true, at least there's a bigger population now

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
This is a win for next gen. The more games that are cross play this gen will help to create the perception that cross play should be the standard going forward.

Games that don't support cross play next gen should be the exception, and this is another step towards that dream.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm a PC player, but this is great news for console players, I'm happy for them. This should become standard, honestly.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 4 and crossplay... guess I'm trying the game again. Loved it at launch but couldn't deal with the jank after a while, seems like things are improving a lot.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since Sony is allowing crossplay for the big boys, why the hell EA didn't put this on Battlefield, Apex and FIFA yet?
i have no doubt that if any big company (EA, ubi, activision) wanted it in their games sony would allow it. if it's not there, it's because they haven't felt like implementing it yet. it's the smaller/indie games that get rejected by sony.

DRPSquirtle64

May 30, 2019
The last time I've tried to play PUBG on Xbox I was automatically allocated to US server because there were not enough players in Europe. Hope this helps

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
How does this run and control on base PS4 nowadays? I remember really not liking it on base XB1.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
If they are smart they will hold events where PS4 players team against XBOX players.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Despite how i feel about the console version (tested the Xbox One S version when it was free when RDR 2 was out) I'm happy that xplay is getting implemented even if it's so late in the release. Hopefully xplay (and especially full xplay with pc) will be the norm for all kind of games so you can just purchase a game without having to hope for an active player base in your region and platform.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So does this run like fucking trash on a ps4 pro? Buying it on launch for the one s was the biggest waste of money this entire gen for me.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From a PR perspective, MS is really owning cross play.

Good on them. Moore goodwill the better.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Does this mean I'll finally be able to play my first First Person game? Every time I try to on PS4 there's never enough people and I never find a game.