• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D7DZAtMXkAEelks.jpg:large

From Sony's Corporate Strategy Meeting FY2019:

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/news/20190521_E.pdf

D7DYjddX4AAoFzP.jpg:large

Comparison of Marvel's Spider-Man running on PS5 vs PS4 Pro:

Last edited:

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Someone should make a thread about how PlayStation 5 will be the best place to play next gen because a document says so.

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
Give us the important data Sony, how many million times did Kratos say ''BOI''? and how many billions of times did player throw the axe around? also would be nice how many billions freakers did players kill in Days Gone

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Monthly Active Users (in millions) :
March 2017 : 70m
March 2018 : 80m
Dec 2018 : 90m
March 2019 : 94m

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
How is that retention rate so high? Are PS3/PSNow included in the MAU?

Last edited:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Bloody hell, what a beast.

I don't care what anyone says, I think the PS4 will be the one to dethrone the PS2 for lifetime sales. It's still got some mammoth titles ahead that we already know about, not to mention cross-gen games. Then toss in the super slim we all know is coming, and if it launches at $199 it'll sell like hotcakes.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
You know what would be nice Sony......

LET ME FUCKING USE REMOTE PLAY ON MY ANDROID PHONE YOU TWATS.

LOL, it'll come. I imagine the far larger variety of phones on Android is the reason why it's taking longer to get it up and running vs. what they've got on their Xperia phones and on iOS.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
It's crazy how extremely pessimistic this generation started and yet here we are, practically 100 million PS4 consoles sold. Sony really did a splendid job this gen.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When PS4 hits 100 mill we should hold a candle light vigil for all those who constantly claimed consoles were dead, prior to the PS4's launch.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Let's see here... 7.7 billion people in the world divided by 94 million MAU's = about 1.22%

Sony hitting that sweet sweet 1% :)

Oct 25, 2017
LOL, it'll come. I imagine the far larger variety of phones on Android is the reason why it's taking longer to get it up and running vs. what they've got on their Xperia phones and on iOS.

Dude, its been like this for YEARS.

"Taking longer" is an understatement. They are actively not doing it because on their xperia ads, they use its a bulletpoint.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Dude, its been like this for YEARS.

"Taking longer" is an understatement. They are actively not doing it because on their xperia ads, they use its a bulletpoint.

They only recently added it to iOS, so they are expanding it now. In comparison Android has a metric buttload more variety in devices than iOS, so it makes sense that they'll need more time to implement it on Android.

Also, holy crap at that Spider-Man footage. I was hoping we'd get a chance to see a clip of it and it didn't disappoint at all :)

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
FGO easily one of the biggest games this gen. Makes sense to make more of that as a priority if you're Sony

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
That comparison is spectacular, buuuuut PS3 games also would have astonishing results on PS4. Sooooo not actually an accurate representation of PS5's power. This shows first and foremost the custom SSD, nothing else.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dude... almost 100 million MAU is so fucking crazy

PSN is a monster

No wonder they want to leverage all their content in there

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I'm glad SONY surpassed 90 million, I want to see them next gen through the new Microsoft partnership.

Machado

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 26, 2017

I don't care what anyone says, I think the PS4 will be the one to dethrone the PS2 for lifetime sales. It's still got some mammoth titles ahead that we already know about, not to mention cross-gen games. Then toss in the super slim we all know is coming, and if it launches at $199 it'll sell like hotcakes.
Super slim? Do tell...

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

there is next to zero chance PS4 has another 50+ million in it. Sales will drop off a cliff once PS5 hits.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Playstation Services for everyone next gen.

The new important note worth highlighting is how prominent 5G has become in general, that Sony Corp is highlighting it in the Investors Meeting as a future-focus feature. How they will incorporate it for PS5 will be intriguing to see.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Playstation Services for everyone next gen.

The new important note worth highlighting is how prominent 5G has become in general, that Sony Corp is highlighting it in the Investors Meeting as a future-focus feature. How they will incorporate it for PS5 will be intriguing to see.
Remote play everywhere!!

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
The PSN thing counts free users as well right? Or is this 94 million paying subscribers?

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't see it. We're at the end of the generations and it'd need another ~55 million to do that.