• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
what did you even say to them to get them to do that?
I'm in chat to get my initial order done now, but I was going to open a second chat and ask them how I would be able to get my items on release day, since realistically the only way is express shipping and ask them to waive it

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
At what point do I cancel? I just placed my order and it went through, got ac valhalla and 2 cp2077, wanna cancel the 2077

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I had given up on this earlier but still had Spidey Ultimate (PS5), Valhalla and Yakuza (XSX) in my cart. Ordered just now and got them to credit me $50 via chat. Easy :D

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
what did you even say to them to get them to do that?
I first ask if I could do store pick up, since it wasn't available I mention if express shipping was 10 and if I could get a discount. Rep was cool and gave me 10 refurnd. Getting Assassin Creed and Yakuza 11/10. Order a filler item for discount(canceled it and they change the refund to 6.66 as well, lol)

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any luck with in store employees allowing the deal with games that don't count for the promo?

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
I had 1 rep do everything for me, gave me the free expedited shipping and discount applied to spider man and DS, got both shipped with estimated date of the 12th for $80

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Does anyone know if just adding one of the valid games make it easier? Say 2 ps exclusives and something like Valhalla or Cyberpunk? That way the game in the promotion is the one getting the discount?

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if just adding one of the valid games make it easier? Say 2 ps exclusives and something like Valhalla or Cyberpunk? That way the game in the promotion is the one getting the discount?
That's what I did, I threw godfall in there just to have a valid game so they could at least see the promo

SonicFighterV

May 13, 2019
Try doing 1 exclusive and two promo games. You can try doing it twice if you care about it. I just wanted to get Demon's Souls and had Godfall and CoD as my other two games. Be nice and the rep should be able to help you.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm getting CoD, Assasins creed & not sure on the third. Wanted miles morales. Anyone taking a chance on Godfall?

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't edit my order until I actually placed it so 100%
CS Rep was telling me that Target isn't offering expedited shipping right now. Told them that I knew someone who got it on their order but they told me that they were sure that Target isn't doing it otherwise they would have applied it to my order for me.

Oh well. Might just grab Miles and Demon Soul off of Amazon and return the Target copies to Amazon when they come in. Delivery estimate is next Weds.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
Target CS: I can understand how you must be feeling.
Target CS: I am trying my best to make it possible for you.
Target CS: Though the items are not eligible.
Target CS: However, you are our valued guest, I am making one item free for you.

On top of the 5% red card discount, and the 10% employee discount that is a nice early Xmas gift for me lol. Thank you for the heads up yall

They had me place the order than refunded one of the games. Ended up getting Spidy, Demon souls, and COD

Ended up saving 30 dollars off the discount and got a refund of 59.84 for a total of 89.84 woohoo

Last edited:

Goldbob

Sep 21, 2020
I was hoping to pick up some 3 year old Switch games for a reasonable price but apparently only third party switch games are included

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
EroticSushi
That's very strange, I even only applied it to the 2 exclusives and not the cancelled godfall and they showed as the 12th and the godfall was 13-18.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I am tempted to try this for Pikmin 3, Valhalla, and Sackboy but I feel like it's money I don't need to spend. I already have Demon's Souls and Miles preordered and I am too nervous to actually mess with anything to do with my PS5 preorder. I wish Yakuza was PS5 ready..

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I think Target might have wised up to this. I tried two different chats, and they all seemed aware Sony games were not part of it.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
It took me about 8 people but I finally found someone that would discount a game that wasn't eligible. I virtually pass along whatever leftover good luck I have to the next person.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
This was great. I canceled from Best Buy and ordered Ass. Creed Valhalla, Yakuza 7, and Black Ops. I think I saved at least $30-$40 over the original discount I had from Gamers Club (which just sadly expired).

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of getting Spiderman Ultimate and Sackboy...not sure what the 3rd game should be...if Yakuza was for PS5 I would get that 🙄

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
Ordered 3 copies of CP: 2077 and cancelled two.
I'm getting charged $10.26 for sales tax for the remaining copy? Seems like a lot

EDIT: actually read the discussion couple pages back. looks like that will get adjusted when it ships. Thanks for the tip everyone!

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Spidey and Sackboy aren't apart of the sale. Most 1st pary PS games aren't.
Would they be part of it when they release though? Also what is this extra discount yall are talking about? I can order 3 games and cancel 2 and the 1 game will be discounted or what?

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
S/O to Kim for applying the discount on my order. Ended up being able to grab Demon's Souls, Miles Morales Ultimate, and COD in a single order.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed Valhalla, Black Ops Cold War and Watch Dogs Legion all for my Series X.

Just hope they arrive on time.