• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I will not buy the following games until I can play them on XSX/PS5:

• Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 149 21.6%
  • None

Votes: 359 52.0%
  • The Last of Us Part II

Votes: 132 19.1%
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 218 31.6%
  • Doom Eternal

Votes: 38 5.5%
  • FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE

Votes: 109 15.8%
  • RESIDENT EVIL 3 REMAKE

Votes: 42 6.1%

• Total voters

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
Because you want to experience them with the best performance available?

Last edited:

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
None. i want to play them as they come out and then double dip on next gen If it's worth it

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
cyberpunk 2077, i am not expecting it to look good at all on my base PS4, and its not like i have anything to fear regarding spoilers around it.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
None at the moment. If one of these games is delayed to the end of the year (Cyberpunk is a strong candidate of mine), then I might wait a bit to play it on next gen though.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Cyberpunk is probably the one I'm least excited for so maybe that? Although I'd like to see how backwards compatibility works with the new consoles and if there actually is any tangible benefits before I decide to forego an entire game because of it.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
None, I'm playing the multiplats on PC and TLOU2 day 1

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Probably just Ghost Of Tsushima as after I complete last of us part 2 I'll sell my PS4 pro to part fund my PS5 purchase. Have a nice summer/fall break from games before next gen.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Cyberpunk is I'm buying that. No hype at all as of yet, so I don't mind waiting.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cyberpunk. But if they came out and said you don't need to rebuy on PS5 I would go ahead and get it (PS4 pro here)

I'll have to get Last of Us 2 day 1.

Ghosts of...depends on reviews.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Last edited:

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking Cyberpunk and Final Fantasy. I'm still on a launch PS4 and a Xbone, and I'm really starting to see them struggle now. Honestly though, it's been a good run.

If I end up building a pc this year, this'll be moot, of course.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All the exclusives, GoT, TloU2 and FF7R. Waiting for PS5 and a 4K TV.

Shooter sucks with controller so thank god RE3, CP77 and DOOOM will be on PC. Day 1.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
What are the chances that none of these games get upgrades or patched? E3 is probably where they announce a patch or upgraded versions of these games if they are announced.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, Ghost. It all depends on when it lands and when the new consoles are releasing. Also, are there going to be any real benefits for waiting.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
GoT, FF7R and CP2077 are the only ones I am interested in (ranging from mildly to heavily). Thus these three are the only ones even worth taking into consideration for the launch of next gen.

I expect CDPR to bring Cyberpunk over to PS5 and Series XYZ natively anyways, so I'm probably going to wait for that. And Square would be dumb to not bring over the later episodes of 7R or at least a comprehensive bundle of all of them. GoT could end up on the bc program only?! Though porting that with enhancements probably would be smarter as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Last of Us & FF7R I need to play at release. Can't let anyone taint my first play through experience.

Everything else can wait until next-gen.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
source.gif

It's back catalog mode for me I think, until PS5 releases.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
I have no plans to delay any of those games, but if Ghosts of Tsushima doesn't review well I might wait and play it on the PS5. My current plans are playing those games (most of them in your list) on release day and again on the PS5

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only Cyberpunk, and it's only a maybe right now because I'm not sure a raytraced edition will come out at launch.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None. I'll give any game that gets updated a second look if they are patched for the new consoles, but playing them on my XB1X is more than enough.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The 3 big games i care about that i want to look/feel the best are FFVII, TLOU2, CP2077.
FFVII i simply can't wait and will get it on Day One.
TLOU2 i'm sure will run great on Pro.
CP2077 is the one i'll hold off.

All the other games will be fine on Pro.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Not a 2020 game but I'm holding off on Control in the hopes it gets a next-gen patch.

Ghosts of Tsushima is the only one from that list I'm interested in that I might wait on, but I doubt I'll have the patience to hold off.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious to see how well optimized Cyberpunk is for current consoles. They took a while to get The Witcher 3 where it needed to be (in terms of correcting a number of issues and improving performance), but it's definitely arrived at a state that is a huge improvement over the launch version.

I don't have a lot of faith that current gen consoles can handle Cyberpunk.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None. Seeing as the Series X is back compat, I'm hoping we'll get an enhancement update at some point in the future for CyberPunk.

It's highly unlikely I'll buy a PS5 so I'm not waiting for TLOU2 either.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Not a 2020 game but I'm holding off on Control in the hopes it gets a next-gen patch.

Ghosts of Tsushima is the only one from that list I'm interested in that I might wait on, but I doubt I'll have the patience to hold off.
Yeah, Control is the one I'm holding off on. All the rest I've been waiting waaay too long on to be able to wait one minute longer than necessary.

Buenoblue

Banned
May 5, 2018
I'll just buy them on PC if I can then wait till ps5 for exclusives. Not really buying new games now with gamepass, origin access and epic free games plus my backlog I'll be good for the year I think.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

same, i was really excited to play this (and very happy to hear its apparently a fantastic game), but the performance issues on consoles sound pretty terrible.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lets face it. Cyberpunk will run like shit on current gen

i will wait for xbx

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Death stranding and cyberpunk 2077.

I also quit playing control and days gone in hopes of a next gen patch.

I dont think i can resist the last of us 2 and GoT. I will be playing those day 1.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Not a single goddamn one. Like I'm going to wait nearly a year to play Final Fantasy VII Remake. Or a couple of months to play the Last of Us.