• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
I prefer it in white and actually really like the design.

But I'm also a thirty year old with a keytar so mileage my vary.

Nov 2, 2019
It's better, but it's still hideous. I don't hate the white but getting rid of that awful glossy black in the center helps a lot! The gloss makes it look like the world's largest router.

Nothing will top how ridiculously large it is. I still can't wrap my head around Sony making a console larger than an OG Xbox, OG Xbox One, and an OG PS3.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got Dark Plates for my PS5 Digital arriving this week.

PS5 disc edition looks ugly as hell, although the dark plates help. PS5 Digital? With Dark Plates I think it may legitimately be a really nice looking console.

EDIT - Yep, PS5 Digital looks pretty awesome in all black:

51219165850_56e5deb5ef_o.jpg

Last edited:

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
With two different shade of black is even worse honestly, this is why I don't like the official black dualsense either.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
I guess it looks a little better. Im so indifferent to looks of consoles.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
It absolutely does look better in black.

But this would look a lot better in black too, so...

81o40gRNcSL._AC_SY679_.jpg

U Know Me

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks better because it's less noticeable. I hate the way it looks horizontal because of the stand and when it's vertical it stands out to much.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
It looks better because it's not saying, "LOOK AT ME, I'M A BRIGHT WHITE MELTED CLAM" anymore. Still butt ugly. Now it says, "hey, yeah i'm ugly as fuck, but i'll just sit over here in the corner and try to not get noticed."

Last edited:

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I prefer the 2-tone. Due to its size and shape, a huge black weird shape would look crazy in my entertainment center. The 2-tone breaks up the sizes a bit.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still has an abhorrently huge form factor and router design, but at least it looks less awful without the white.

Oct 30, 2017
Usually I like the black color on PlayStation consoles, but in PS5 case.. they nailed the white color much better that I can't imagine the console in any other colors.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
You can't shine a turd but you can certainly put a matte-black finish on it to make it a bit better.

Definitely better.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
Yeah it's definitely the shape not the colors for me. Why couldn't they have just made it a plain rectangle?

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
The design of the PS5 really annoys me for some reason. Wasn't planning on getting one for a while anyway so I hope a slim model comes out in a few years that isn't so ugly.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
You all need to put your damn consoles somewhere you don't see them so I don't have to see these threads anymore!

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it looks better but like......damn that thing is fucking ugly

I feel like I don't even really grasp how ugly it is because I don't have one yet and haven't seen one in person. that'll be a fun day

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Looks worse and dull, but thats kinda what you want in a console. I dont particularly pay much attention to them, so the color makes 0 difference to me.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It looks much better in black, agreed.