• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
How's Borderlands Handsome Collection on ps5? I'm not sure about how it is on a PS4 Pro but base PS4 has pretty nasty texture pop in when you first load in.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Has anyone tried Control to see if its running fine now? I'd much rather just play my PS4 copy instead of spending money again for the Ultimate Edition.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
How horrible is a 1080p game on a 4K Oled tv? I want to play this but coming from pc I just can't stomach 30pfs I normally play at 100fps + tried destiny 2 earlier and it was horrendous at 30fps
1080p content can still look great on my C9, but it all depends on the game. I still consider Mario Kart 8 an absolute OLED benchmark despite being a 1080p port of a Wii U game with little to no anti-aliasing.

Remember, resolution is just one aspect of image quality. More pixels always help, but art style, performance, contrast and various post processing effects all contribute as well.

RobertM

Oct 31, 2017
Man Sony should have paid these devs to release patch to at least unlock the frame rate, it's jarring to be replaying these games on the Plus Collection and locked at the 30 fps, makes it feel like I'm still playing on PS4 with little improvement.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I was going to make a thread on this but decided to search for it first.
I did the transfer from my PS4 to my PS5 last night and I can see the storage take up by Ace Combat but I can't see it anywhere in my media library.

Is there something I did wrong or am I not using the PS5 UI correctly to launch this game?

Adding this quote in case you came across the solution.
Idk, it sounds like I took the exact set of steps as you, and it it showed up in the main row of games. The only weird thing is that it shows up under AC7's icon, but everything works just fine.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Anyone using a mechanical HDD for PS4 games? How's the load times?
Sometimes a little better and sometimes a little worse than the internal HDD on a PS4 Pro. Using an external SSD will get you speeds roughly the same as the PS5's internal storage.

www.gamespot.com

PS5 Review: A Promising Start To The Next Generation

The PS5 is a promising console that draws a clear line for the next generation, providing an experience that doesn't sacrifice performance for fidelity.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Darksiders III finally plays like a real game now lol

There's still stutters during some cutscenes and such, but the game engine is pretty buggy regardless

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Sounds like my cup of tea after playing TLoU 1 on surivial with listening mode off. Probably my favorite TPS experience.

But still still would like to know about the gun play. That was vital to experience when playing TLoU 1. It was very focused, tactical, and required a baseline level of skill. I know they expanded that further in TLoU II. I feel that in Days Gone it wouldn't have the same effect if you're just mowing down a bunch of enemies while running all over the place.
Gun play has a level of realism as well as upragdes and different effects. IE the cross bow is affected by enviroment and gravity as well as using guns will have degrees of accuracy depending on what you're using "rifle scope" is realistic including bullet drag.

It's basically all the sections of the survival aspects of TLoU expanded into a full game. Flashlight, weather, time of day effect your experience greatly as well as noise play a big factor in the gameplay.

Along with this, Days Gone is one of the few console shooters to offer gyro aiming, which greatly enhances the whole experience.

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes a little better and sometimes a little worse than the internal HDD on a PS4 Pro. Using an external SSD will get you speeds roughly the same as the PS5's internal storage.

Hmm tough call. 4tb mechanical over the 480gig SSD I think. 80% of my library on the mech, games like MHW on internal along with PS5.

JRedCX

Nov 10, 2020
Ok guys I don't know if I'm crazy but it looks like that God Of War unpatched on base PS4 has the frame-rate unlock too. Basically I decided to play the game again but the wifi on the PS4 is so trash that I just lunched the game without the patch. For my surprise there is zones where it definitely feels higher than 30fps, Of course because the frame-rate is unlocked (I still need I confirmation), the game has a lot of frame-pacing issues. I tested patching the game and it doesn't feels as smooth as before.

So it probably doesn't means anything but if the base PS4 version is unlocked maybe the PS4 Pro version in resolution mode is unlocked as well.

Can someone test this on the base PS4 or PS4 Pro? A great place where I noticed higher fps is behind the first fight arena, there is a tree that you can jump or looking at the sky works too.

Last edited:

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to make a thread on this but decided to search for it first.
I did the transfer from my PS4 to my PS5 last night and I can see the storage take up by Ace Combat but I can't see it anywhere in my media library.

Is there something I did wrong or am I not using the PS5 UI correctly to launch this game?

Adding this quote in case you came across the solution.

I installed AC7 and still no sign of AC5 😢

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else try Saga Scarlet Grace: Ambitions?

I'm getting consistent freezing where I have to close out the app through the PS5 UI. I didn't get the "Game may have issues" pop up the multiple times I loaded it.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I've noticed when playing pixel junk monsters 2 on the PS5 the screen will periodically fade darker and back to bright... anyone else noticed anything like that?

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
So I popped in NHL 20 and it seems to run better but the OP lists NHL 17 for an odd reason. Anyone know if the NHL games have unlocked frame rates?

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
Three games I want to get for BC on PS5 are Crash N-Sane Trilogy, Spyro Reignited, & CTR Nitro-Fueled, all of which - that I how of - do not have any improvements on PS5, and will remain locked to 30 FPS. :(

I even heard the PS4 version of Crash has input lag, making it hard to recommend.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Are you recording this on the PS5?

I am not the source. It is GamerSyde.com (you can find their channel on YT as well) as it is listed on the top right of the video during the opening period. And yes, they are recording it on a PS5.

That looks so good

But I'm still pissed about how terrible the sense of speed using Neon is, people were like "it's exactly how a The Flash game should feel!" like absolutely fucking not

You have to remember that traversal like that requires a streaming system that can keep up. The pace of the traversal in inF SS (and other tiles like HZD, Spidey, etc) is crafted/balanced around and limited by, among other things, HDD seek time, HDD data transfer rate, data decompression rate using Jaguar CPU cores, its associated CPU cycle cost, etc. Realistically, if the size of the map were to stay the same, a faster pace would have resulted in one or more of the following outcomes (depending on the pace):
  • Lower asset fidelity
  • More notable object and LoD pop-ins
  • Far fewer objects on screen
The streaming system in Spider-man was designed around assumed data rate of 20MB/s (compressed data) because the developers had to account for the worst case scenario in the event of end users swapping out pre-existing HDD with a worse one.

So, suffice it to say that a Flash-esque title which would allow for much faster traversal speeds at a ground/street level with inFamous SS's level of AI and object density with equivalent LoD transitions should now be possible on PS5 (and XSX/S).

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
You have remember that traversal like that requires a streaming system that can keep up. The pace of the traversal in inF SS (and other tiles like HZD, Spidey, etc) is crafted/balanced around and limited by, among other things, HDD seek time, HDD data transfer rate, data decompression using Jaguar CPU cores. Realistically, if the size of the map were to stay the same, a faster pace would have resulted in one or more of the following outcomes (depending on the pace):
  • Lower asset fidelity
  • More notable object and LoD pop-ins
  • Far fewer objects on screen
The streaming system in Spider-man was designed around assumed data rate of 20MB/s (compressed data) because the developers had to account for the worst case scenario in the event of end users swapping out pre-existing HDD with a worse one.

So, suffice it to say that a Flash-esque title which would allow for much faster speeds at a ground/street level with inFamous SS's level of AI and object density with equivalent LoD transitions should now be possible on PS5 (and XSX/S).
I understand where you're coming from, and agree that it's something that should improve on future titles but things like pace of traversal vs sense of speed are different and also involve things like motion blur, speed relative to other objects, camera movement etc of which Infamous does... basically nothing. Like Spider-Man as mentioned doesn't have the same issue that the two Infamous games had. Spidey had a good sense of speed, Infamous has a terrible one. A game that I really liked was Shadow of Mordor where you had the instant teleport attack which teleported you to an enemy but was obviously range constrained and that game had very barren maps but boy did it feel fast (Shadow of War's felt a little worse I think). It'll be great when they don't have to worry about streaming in assets any more and you truly can zip around a large map without issues.

Another thing I can remember is one of the recent Bond films, can't remember which one (Spectre?), had a terrible chase scene where the cars were supposed to be going incredibly fast but the camera keeping pace and lack of other relative objects made it seem like a slow 30mph evening of cruising around the streets. You can make things feel faster/slower than they really are.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I am not the source. It is GamerSyde.com (you can find their channel on YT as well) as it is listed on the top right of the video during the opening period. And yes, they are recording it on a PS5.
The video was half done so I did not see the logo, my question was aimed at the internal PS5 recording feature. My mistake.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I was showing Until Dawn to a friend of mine. The game is smooth as butter now.

It also looks damn good. My friend was stunned at how good it looked and when I told her it's actually a PS4 game she was like: "so why did you even need a new console for if games already look this good?"

Decima Engine putting in work.

Resogun has HDR support.

Wait really? I purchased it recently but never actually booted it up.

th

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Three games I want to get for BC on PS5 are Crash N-Sane Trilogy, Spyro Reignited, & CTR Nitro-Fueled, all of which - that I how of - do not have any improvements on PS5, and will remain locked to 30 FPS. :(

I even heard the PS4 version of Crash has input lag, making it hard to recommend.
If you are getting PS+, R&C and N-Sane are included in the PS+ collection.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
K, thanks.

Genshin Impact runs significantly better. It's not a perfect 60 fps but it's way better than it was on the PS4 Pro. I hope it gets optimized even further.

Persona 5, somewhat disappointingly, seems to run exactly the same. There were some instances where it loaded between areas a bit faster, but some instances where the loading was around the same. No real benefit it seems, not that it needed it.

13 Sentinels....well see for yourself:

It's funny, because 13 Sentinels already had pretty excellent load times on the PS4. Now it's just super smooth. It's almost like it's a native PS5 game in terms of how fast it loads. lol.

I played some last night, and was like, "Damn, did this get a PS5 patch?" XD

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried Dragon Quest Builders, specially the first one since it's not on PC/Xbox.
Framerate was pretty rough on base PS4.

Never got too far into Dragon Quest Builders 1, but I had it and thought I'd briefly check it out for you. Still looks like the frame pacing issue is there when you have an item selected, when you don't it runs at a pretty much solid 60fps, but again, I haven't played it much so I'm not sure if there are other areas that caused issues on PS4. I just remember the frame pacing glitch that was present in the NA version of the game, supposedly it was not in the JP release, so I looked to see if that was now addressed on PS5 and it is still present.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Everytime I play a PS4 game, it feels like a Christmas morning.

I'm kinda glad now that I skipped the PS4 Pro, since now I get to enjoy all the enhanced games that I missed out on the first time around. This upgrade wouldn't be as impactful otherwise.

The Witcher 3 with HDR looks quite painterly.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Everytime I play a PS4 game, it feels like a Christmas morning.

I'm kinda glad now that I skipped the PS4 Pro, since now I get to enjoy all the enhanced games that I missed out on the first time around. This upgrade wouldn't be as impactful otherwise.

The Witcher 3 with HDR looks quite painterly.
Hnnnng!

Trying to hold out for the free ps5 upgrade before replaying it/cleaning up trophies

OP
OP
Liabe Brave

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
How accurate is this info lol?

Genshin says 30FPS on PS5 when it's 60FPS. I even tagged OP earlier.
I only update the list based on analysis of screenshots or video, not solely based on what people post. That often means I have to find material to check. Given that, and the quantity of reports coming in right now, it may take me several days to update the thread even for stuff I already knew about, like Genshin's patch. The record is updated now.

I've also added another 27 games to the list: Anthem, Armello, Avengers, BioShock Infinite, Celeste, Cities: Skylines, Concrete Genie, Darksiders II, Dead Cells, Death's Gambit, Deception IV, Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fe, Galak-Z, Grand Kingdom, The Last Remnant, Lumines, Nuclear Throne, Odin Sphere, Rayman Legends, Rogue Galaxy, Shovel Knight, Sound Shapes, Valfaris, Vampyr, and Wattam.

I'm still working through the backlog in the thread. Please be patient as I try to catch up. Feel free to continue posting impressions, though video or screenshots is best if you can link or post them. Thanks in advance, and have a good one.

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
Status
Not open for further replies.