• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PS4 Switch or PS5?

• PS4 Switch

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • PS5

Votes: 294 81.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Let's say 2019 rolls around and Sony is planning on putting out one console for $400. You can either have a "PS Switch" that's essentially just a PS4 Pro in the form factor of the Switch or a brand new console, the PS5. For the sake of the argument assume you lose no features from the PS4 Pro by crunching it into a smaller form factor other than the ability to use physical discs. Unlike PSP Go Sony somehow figures out a way to digitize your existing physical library so you can play it on your new PS4 Switch. Let's also assume the PS4 Switch has a screen roughly the same size as the Switch but it's a beautiful OLED, similar to the original Vita.

For me, I'm taking the PS4 Switch all day every day. The portability and versatility of the Switch is the greatest new feature I've seen from consoles in awhile, and I'd value that over a new set of specs and a new game library.
No
What say you, ERA?

You mean that thing sega did in the 90s with the nomad?

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have a Switch and I love it. Thing is I can't play PS4 games on it...
@
A hypothetical PS4 Switch isn't another PSP/Vita. Hybrid vs. handheld, the distinction is huge.q

In terms of power, it really is not. In fact it would be worse than a psp/vita because it's battery life would be awful. The PS4 draws something like 170 watts in rest mode alone.

You would just have a less powerful PS4 with a terrible battery that you can sorta carry around. Crap basically.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
For some reason we get a thread like this every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.