• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Becks'

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Vita means life.

dTcAHZc.jpg

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm sad to see it go. I have only owned mine for 6 months, but I love the little thing.

I have a black slim model, does anybody know if I can buy the aqua blue faceplate somewhere?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Good night. One of my favorite handhelds ever.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
RIP

Give us final sales numbers Sony. Let's see what the little handheld that could wound up doing

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is dead may never die. Vita means life.
Plus, I don't about y'all but I have two Vitas (one CFW, one OFW) that I use close to daily, and I have a LOT of games to finish yet.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Shame that it's officially dead now. Weirdly, I've been using mine a lot more these past few months than I have a long time prior. I just bought a physical copy of Death Mark for it because it was about £20 cheaper than anywhere I could get the PS4 version for, so in a way the Vita can still be a great alternative when other systems' versions are too damn expensive.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
I had mine packed away for a few months but recently got it back out (white Assassin's Creed 1000 model). I've been playing a mission or two in Soul Sacrifice Delta each night before bed.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Shame that it's officially dead now. Weirdly, I've been using mine a lot more these past few months than I have a long time prior. I just bought a physical copy of Death Mark for it because it was about £20 cheaper than anywhere I could get the PS4 version for, so in a way the Vita can still be a great alternative when other systems' versions are too damn expensive.

Nice. I've been on the hunt for good deals on Vita games as well lately, but I've mostly encountered the opposite. Prices that are 50-100% higher compared to PS4 versions.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To think I wanted one over the 3ds. Still kinda do, but it'd just be a paperweight

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I've been contemplating about buying another one just in case my og vita died. I owned it since year 1. Probably my favorite handheld in term of actually playing there. The form factor is just perfect imo.

I still like to play it from time to time. Still have plenty of backlog there

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Brilliant hardware, some amazing games available nowhere else, lots of value through crossplay and remote play with PS4. It's kind of bizarre that the Vita wasn't huge, it did virtually everything well aside from the memory issue.

Oct 27, 2017
Tons of potential lost because of Sony fucking up.

Vita was awesome and the best handheld I have ever owned. The fact it survived on its own this long is something to behold and respect. Somebody once said the Vita is like a child who was abandoned by its parents then went on to live on its own and graduate school and college which perfectly describes it.

Oct 25, 2017
Brilliant hardware, some amazing games available nowhere else, lots of value through crossplay and remote play with PS4. It's kind of bizarre that the Vita wasn't huge, it did virtually everything well aside from the memory issue.
The "memory issue" was a huge issue. A new Vita buyer would have to buy the Vita, a memory card and a game. Three different things to even start using the device, none of them particularly cheap unless you're getting the game from the bargain bin.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
If you don't own a Vita don't even bother buying one now. I doubt anything will remain an exclusive on that system within the next decade.