• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your Favourite Snax

• Bugs

Votes: 447 56.2%
  • Orks

Votes: 45 5.7%
  • Knights

Votes: 120 15.1%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 184 23.1%

• Total voters

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017
How does this random Reddit person know that? Did they link to anything different?

There's not anything in their blog post that indicates it has to be done on the console itself. It sounds like you can still get it from the web store, it's just that it's only the PS5 version. The mention of owning a PS5/PS5 owners seems to mean that only they can play it, rather than being an actual requirement on getting it on your account.
It was something being discussed, not affirmed. Does not seem that unreasonable from the wording and given that when I came to ask people were already talking about it here as well.

Etoh

Oct 25, 2017
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I absolutely love that I won't have to decide between Bugsnax and The Pathless for my launch indie purchase...

I can have both, now! :D

ALSO SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT:

For those who haven't played Hollow Knight, do so: it sits comfortably in my Top 5 Games of the Generation. A master class in design, atmosphere, combat, skill-based progression and the music is sublime, as well.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Well this is great, I might actually check out Hollow Knight and of course, Bugsnax.

Nov 28, 2017
Good month, but why only ONE PS5 game?

Is it because of the PS+ Collection? If so, how long is the PS+ Collection going to be up for grabs for early adopters and when will they start offering the normal practice of 2 PS4 + 2 PS5 titles?

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Lot of good decisions being made at Sony lately between this and Destruction All-Stars moving out of launch and in to a PS+ incentive down the line.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Hollow Knight is really well made, but I'm done with it, the mechanic of losing your points when you die (and needing to come back to get them back in the next life, or lose them forever) is much more discouraging than challenging for me.

I hope we can still add PS+ games from the webstore without owning the console, I want to start building my PS5 library already.

Gin

May 2, 2018
Sorry if this is a dumb question - but if I buy a PS5 - will I be able to download and play Hollow Knight on it ?

Or is Hollow Knight only for PS4

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Interest on Bugsnax went from 0% to 100%. Here we go.

Also. Play Hollow Knight everyone. It's very, very good.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
haha i think i guessed that bugsnax would be a ps plus game. already played the hell out of shadow of war but i've never played hollow knight and i've always wantred to.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Incredible month, playstation giving crazy value proposition for ps5 launch. Bugsnax and destruction all stars free along with a ton of great ps4 games. Then shadow of Mordor as well, I played the first one and i think it was my first platinum on the ps4. Looking forward to the sequel

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Cool they're doing two consecutive PS5 games (Bugsnax, and then Destruction Allstars after).

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Good month, but why only ONE PS5 game?

Is it because of the PS+ Collection? If so, how long is the PS+ Collection going to be up for grabs for early adopters and when will they start offering the normal practice of 2 PS4 + 2 PS5 titles?

Sony never promised any committed Plus games for PS5 on a regular schedule.

The promise of Plus now is 2 PS4 games at minimum. No less, but more can happen randomly.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I was willing to pay for Bugsnax if it got decent reviews. I'm glad now I'll get to play it regardless of price or review scores. BUGSNAX IS THE NEW KNACK!

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Inflammatory Generalization
Bugsnax banned in Saudi Arabia? What the hell, Saudis, if thats not a reason to revolt, I do not know what else could it be! :)

Probably because you can eat a pork there, I assume. Religions continue to take nice things from people from 4000bc to this day. :/

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually a great month.

I am a bit concerned on whether or not PS4 users can access the new PS Plus collection though. As with everything to do with Playstation these days, we probably will not have an answer to that until it releases.
Bugsnax banned in Saudi Arabia? What the hell, Saudis, if thats not a reason to revolt, I do not know what else could it be! :)

Probably because you can eat a pork there, I assume. Religions continue to take nice things from people from 4000bc to this day. :/
There is no religious prohibition against 'eating' pork in a game. Besides that, every game where you can eat includes pork. It is not at all unique to Bugsnax.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is actually a great month.

I am a bit concerned on whether or not PS4 users can access the new PS Plus collection though. As with everything to do with Playstation these days, we probably will not have an answer to that until it releases.

There is no religious prohibition against 'eating' pork in a game. Besides that, every game where you can eat includes pork. It is not at all unique to Bugsnax.

Hmm, so why was it banned then?

Sarevok

Jul 13, 2020
Really great lineup, I'm interested in all of them which is quite rare when we talk about PS+ games.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm slightly disappointed that PS5 Plus monthly additions will exist separately from Plus Collection :/

I don't see why Sony can't adopt the game pass model for Plus freebies tbh

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm slightly disappointed that PS5 Plus monthly additions will exist separately from Plus Collection :/

I don't see why Sony can't adopt the game pass model for Plus freebies tbh
Because they won't be able to offer games like Bugsnax all the time. It's all under one subscription and as long as you redeem the games they never go away. What is there to be disappointed about?