• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Is Shadow worth playing if I skipped Rise?
I bought Tomb Raider last week before this announcement so I'm half way through or so. It has almost no connection to the previous. You can catch it all up in the various journa;s you pick up through the game.

That said, I can't tell if the Definitive edition does not actually include all the extra tombs. They seem locked in the menu, unless they open up when you beat the game. Also, the 30fps mode is a juddery mess, so play 60fps mode for sure. I can't really tell a resolution difference, though I wonder if there are other more subtle changes like shadows or effects. And HDR is mixed quality.

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
So I feel like I'm losing my mind. Since sony updated their app I have yet to figure out how to download psplus games without searching by title. I used to just click games, then psplus and they would show up but now I see no option for that. Is there a trick I'm missing with this now?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
So I feel like I'm losing my mind. Since sony updated their app I have yet to figure out how to download psplus games without searching by title. I used to just click games, then psplus and they would show up but now I see no option for that. Is there a trick I'm missing with this now?
You just have to go to subscriptions, which for me is the rightmost option in the top bar, and there you will see all the free games and discounts from PS Plus.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That said, I can't tell if the Definitive edition does not actually include all the extra tombs. They seem locked in the menu, unless they open up when you beat the game.

You have to download the Definitive Edition DLC, make sure it's downloaded. The DLC tombs themselves can be accessed in the menu regardless of Story progress, and the DLC tombs inside the story can be accessed via new side quests with a moon icon next to them.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
You have to download the Definitive Edition DLC, make sure it's downloaded. The DLC tombs themselves can be accessed in the menu regardless of Story progress, and the DLC tombs inside the story can be accessed via new side quests with a moon icon next to them.
I don't see anywhere to download it. In the game library it's not listed and in the game clicking on the tombs takes me to the store.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't see anywhere to download it. In the game library it's not listed and in the game clicking on the tombs takes me to the store.

Is this free for you?

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Extra Content

This DLC unlocks all of the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Content. In Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition experience the final chapter of Lara’s origin as she is forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be. Combining all seven DLC challenge tombs, weapons, outfits...

Jan 29, 2018
I've been curious about Greedfall. Do we know if it's getting upgraded to the PS5 version when it comes out or will that be a separate SKU?

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Still not up on my end. Might be too early though; I think PSN updates around 2pm EST?

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Is this free for you?

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Extra Content

This DLC unlocks all of the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Content. In Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition experience the final chapter of Lara’s origin as she is forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be. Combining all seven DLC challenge tombs, weapons, outfits...
It says "Download from Library", so yes, but when I go to library it's not there to actually download.
It just worked from the app. But i had to search for it, it does not appear in the DLC section for the game, really annoying. I imagine a lot of people might miss that.

Thank you.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017

Swipe the menu bar left to get the subscriptions menu up, it's hidden on my phone, yours might be the same

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Looks like they haven't finished updating on their end. I see the games under the Subscriptions section now, but they're still not showing up as free to download. Probably will be working fine shortly.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Played a bit of Maneater and it looks and runs very rough. At least my first impression is that it dips below 60 frequently, specially in cutscenes, and is not much of a looker.

Will play if it's fun though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit of Maneater and it looks and runs very rough. At least my first impression is that it dips below 60 frequently, specially in cutscenes, and is not much of a looker.

Will play if it's fun though.

it's amazing. Play!

I already have 1000/1000 gamerscore on the Xbox version and am 100% gonna platinum it on PS5 too.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, seems that I managed to get Worms after all. But Bugsnax is lost to me :/ Can't tell if that's a joke game around here or if people actually loked it xD
Bit of both. The art style, rather plain graphics, and the idea of having food limbs is definitely pretty kooky, but there's actually a pretty decent game under all that. I picked it up around launch, but I haven't played it much.

LifeLike

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks, seems that I managed to get Worms after all. But Bugsnax is lost to me :/ Can't tell if that's a joke game around here or if people actually loked it xD
It's a legit good game. The gameplay, music and story is good. The story is a little darker towards the end but I really enjoyed it and it was fun to platinum. Bunger !

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018

I got the plat on Bugsnax, and honestly I don't think it's a terribly good game gameplay-wise, it just has a very surprisingly endearing narrative and made me smile. The actual core bugsnax catching gameplay felt very hit-or-miss, missing more often then not.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Too bad I missed it then. Guess I might check it out once Sony gets around to deeming me worthy of granting my console preorder.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I absolutely adored Bugsnax. The characters are loveable, the voice acting is really top notch, and it's overall just a fun and quirky ride.

Sorry you missed out on it :(

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Strange, the game show up in my app but at full price in the subscription page. Pretty sure my plus expires in late 2021.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
It's a legit good game. The gameplay, music and story is good. The story is a little darker towards the end but I really enjoyed it and it was fun to platinum. Bunger !
Same here. Platinumed it and while it's not the most advanced game visually or gameplay wise, it's all really about the endearing story and characters and snax. Like Maneater for this month, it's not a visual powerhouse but it's about the concept and hilarity rather than the next Crysis level visuals.

Xclusion

Nov 8, 2017
Shows the new games for me but they aren't free yet, almost bought Maneater for 39.99 because I wasn't paying attention haha.

jakershaker

Oct 28, 2017
Recommendation for Greedfall. Feels like a Bioware game in a unique setting, doesn't quite stick the landing and overstays it's welcome but still a good effort. Worth spending a few hours on at least.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I'm F5ing like madman, even though I'm supposed to be at work, and even though I wouldn't play it right away anyway.

I just want another PS5 game. I only have Demon's Souls. ☹

i only have deS too as a ps5 game but my ps4 backlog is so huge, it doesn't really matter. im currently playing ghost of tsushima is sweet 60fps and gotta finish up tlou2 & nier automata after that.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I loved Spider-Man on PS4, but after getting all the trophies, including DLC trophies, I was feeling a bit burnt out by the end. I think I'll wait for a price drop on that.
I actually left Spiderman on ice for a year and a half before I eventually went back to finish the districts (every other trophy was complete). MM is a perfect dose of gaming into your veins, you won't hit that wall. Can't fault you for waiting for a sale though.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
On PS4 when I claim my games it shows assetto corsa for free next to tomb raider and greedfall. If I click on it, it is definitely not free. And I had to restart my PS4 to download greedfall. Weird.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
i only have deS too as a ps5 game but my ps4 backlog is so huge, it doesn't really matter. im currently playing ghost of tsushima is sweet 60fps and gotta finish up tlou2 & nier automata after that.

Yeah, I could not buy a single game in 2021 and I'd still have a huge backlog to go through. Not to mention I just got an Xbox Series S so there's all the Gamepass games on top of that.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
On PS4 when I claim my games it shows assetto corsa for free next to tomb raider and greedfall. If I click on it, it is definitely not free. And I had to restart my PS4 to download greedfall. Weird.
Assetto Corsa is the free game for the Middle East (replacing Greedfall). You probably just had some weird region glitch.