• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Entitled CHILD?

I'm paying the same amount of money as a PS5, owner so I'm an ENTITLED PAYING CUSTOMER.

IF YOU PAY FOR A GOOD then that makes you ENTITLED of it's BENEFITS.
And those benefits have always been separated for the multiple platforms and sometimes that means owning more than one console will give you added benefits that owning a single console doesn't.

You are paying for ps+ which gives you access to certain games depending on what platforms you own. You are getting that service with this months games. You can be disappointed about one of them not being cross platform but that is down to both Sony and the games Devs.

Your reaction, responses and repeated use of capping certain words to try and make your argument seem stronger than it is and to justify your initial reaction which was extremely aggressive and hyperbolic is ridiculous.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
And those benefits have always been separated for the multiple platforms and sometimes that means owning more than one console will give you added benefits that owning a single console doesn't.

You are paying for ps+ which gives you access to certain games depending on what platforms you own. You are getting that service with this months games. You can be disappointed about one of them not being cross platform but that is down to both Sony and the games Devs.

Your reaction, responses and repeated use of capping certain words to try and make your argument seem stronger than it is and to justify your initial reaction which was extremely aggressive and hyperbolic is ridiculous.

Yup and cocky Sony is going to do whatever they want.

So as a paying PLUS customer I'm ENTITLED to my own opinion.

b5df2823e61e5d8118226426d109fcfdca9d8102165baccc4c96c1a594385677.jpg

If more people were pissed off maybe Sony would care a little more... probably not.

SO overall NO PS Collection and NO cross gen games, makes me want a PS5 even less.

Consumers are getting SCREWED if they don't OWN a PS5 right now. There's NO WAY you can SPIN THIS FACT, to make it OK.

There is DISPARITY amongst PAYING customers that ONLY own a PS4, that's OBJECTIVELY TRUE.

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

FFS, so rather than actual address any of the logical points I made about how these deals work, such as it may not have been up to Sony in the first place why the PS4 version isn't included, you are simply gonna keep repeating "arrogant Sony bad, FUCK THEM!!!1!"?

You are entitled to your opinion, but when it comes across as ignorant, aggressive and hyperbolic, others are allowed to point out that fact too.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
With shadow of the tomb raider getting a plus release, I think that means that every single game of the reboot came through plus at one time or another

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

If more people were pissed off maybe Sony would care a little more... probably not.

SO overall NO PS Collection and NO cross gen games, makes me want a PS5 even less.

Consumers are getting SCREWED if they don't OWN a PS5 right now. There's NO WAY you can SPIN THIS FACT, to make it OK.

There is DISPARITY amongst PAYING customers that ONLY own a PS4, that's OBJECTIVELY TRUE.

PS+ has always had split platform game options. The PS Collection is for those that adpoted early to PS5. If you don't like it just drop the service, as Sony has never split hairs or been mum on what the PS Collection was designed for.

On topic what a great selection of games this month.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
So looks like Maneater is self-published for its digital release? I ask because retail copies are from Deep Silver, part of the THQN circle; if they won't see a dime since it's not the retail version I'll gladly get Maneater when it shows up on Plus.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Maneater is Top 5 in my 2020. Really happy for everyone to get a chance to play it for free.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
greedfall is exciting
Fuck you Sony for tiering up PLUS in a way that makes no sense. Maneater is on PS4(so is Bugsnax).

This is really shitty Sony.
for bugsnax, i could add it to my library from the pc psn store even though i don't own a ps5 yet

i'm sure it'll be the same for maneater. so you can add it to your library now and then play it whenever you manage to find a ps5

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
That's a good Sony Fanboi protecting them against all evils.

As a consumer it SUCKS.

That is literally all we need to care about.

The background of how things work is not something that DIRECTLY impacts a consumer.

Having LESS of something and paying the SAME PRICE is something that DIRECTLY impacts a consumer.

Caring MORE than that, well that's something for a Dev to worry about or someone WORKING at SONY.

If SONY isn't PAYING YOUR BILLS then it's not a valid concern to have AS A CONSUMER.

Is it less? Because prior to the PS5 being out, we would get two games a month on the PS4. PS4 owners are still getting two games a month. So how are you now getting less than what you were before? On top of which you can claim PS5 games on your account and they'll be sitting there waiting for you whenever you get a PS5.

May 24, 2019
Hopefully this'll push Maneater into getting it's RT update ready.
I got it for XSX during black friday sales and have been holding off on playing it.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Greedfall is really good, was one of my favourite games last year.

I'm intrigued by Maneater. You play as a shark that eats human? Interesting....

Also, lol @ Steam's page for Maneater... really?

Maneater-on-Steam.png

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I just realised I now own all the new Tomb Raiser games through PS+, and only played half of the first one.

Guess I got a lot of game there if I have nothing else to play.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
I was actually strongly considering picking up Tomb Raider from the year end sale so that'll be nice to have.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Is it less? Because prior to the PS5 being out, we would get two games a month on the PS4. PS4 owners are still getting two games a month. So how are you now getting less than what you were before? On top of which you can claim PS5 games on your account and they'll be sitting there waiting for you whenever you get a PS5.

Exactly. It was two games for PS4 prior to PS5's release and it's two games still now. It's factually not less games.

Oh but wait... as a percentage of games available on PS4 it's less. Maybe they meant that? And maybe they were pleased when Sony dropped the PS3 and Vita titles because PS4 received 100% availability?

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So a PS5 game in January and another one in February (Destruction all-stars). Would be great if this keeps going

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
So a PS5 game in January and another one in February (Destruction all-stars). Would be great if this keeps going
It's been one every month so far, and as the library grows it should only get easier for Sony to get PS5 games onto Plus. I don't expect them to drop below one PS5 game per month - I think they'll stick with that until they can grow it to two PS5 games per month, like they did with PS4.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Is Bugsnax still free? I might sub for a month to play Maneater and Greedfall either way.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Not sure if I want to play Shadow. I played Rise this year on PS+ after playing TLOU2, and the gulf in quality was really difficult to look past.

chancellor

Oct 26, 2017
I bought maneater last month and Sony put a notification on my ps5 today that they will be refunding the money spent to my psn wallet - I never asked for this nor expected this. Nothing is in my wallet just now but I will wait till 5 jan. Did this happen to anyone else?

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe

Are you trolling?

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Consumerss are getting SCREWED if they don't OWN a PS5 right now.
You're getting Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Greedfall. Two decent scoring AAA and AA games. PS4 owners have pretty much only ever got two games on PS+. Nothing has changed.

PS5 owners currently can get 3, but you can add it to your library to play when you get a PS5 if you want. It's not the end of the world.

Take a breath, step back and reassess cause you seem to be getting really upset over... Nothing?

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

As a consumer it SUCKS.

The background of how things work is not something that DIRECTLY impacts a consumer.

Having LESS of something and paying the SAME PRICE is something that DIRECTLY impacts a consumer.

Caring MORE than that, well that's something for a Dev to worry about or someone WORKING at SONY.

If SONY isn't PAYING YOUR BILLS then it's not a valid concern to have AS A CONSUMER.

But you aren't paying the same actually. The PS5 people bought an extra $400-500 console and gained extra perks from that subscription.

And... you can still claim those PS5 games as well.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017

As a consumer it SUCKS.

As a consumer, you haven't lost out on anything because they haven't removed anything from you.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I bought maneater last month and Sony put a notification on my ps5 today that they will be refunding the money spent to my psn wallet - I never asked for this nor expected this. Nothing is in my wallet just now but I will wait till 5 jan. Did this happen to anyone else?

That's awesome!

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I bought Maneater when it was on sale but haven't started it yet…
Great month regardless.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Wow great month. I finished Greedfall a year ago, worth the 30hour or so romp if you miss the old Bioware fares. Keep in mind that there are areas where it's clear they have a small budget.

Excited to try Maneater and to a much lesser extent Shadow.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Is greedfall any good? Kinda tired of genshin impact and want to play something new.
I only played a bit as I'm waiting for the PS5 patch. By all accounts based on their other titles and what friends tell me it's a solid game all the way through.

Spiders, the developer basically make Bioware style games on a shoe string budget. They're janky, there's a fair bit of backtracking but the heart is there and they really hit the right notes with cool settings.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I wish SOTR and Greedfall had next-gen updates. They gonna look superb on PS5, especially SOTR with the ray traced shadows.
I am surprised some odl games are getting current-gen support but not this last Tomb Raider.

I only played a bit as I'm waiting for the PS5 patch. By all accounts based on their other titles and what friends tell me it's a solid game all the way through.

Spiders, the developer basically make Bioware style games on a shoe string budget. They're janky, there's a fair bit of backtracking but the heart is there and they really hit the right notes with cool settings.

How do you know? AFAIK the majority of games with current-gen support have all announced their plans to support the new consoles. Neither Greedfal nor SOTR had such announcements even for the future.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I got this, too. I'm a bit disappointed since I'm fine with supporting the dev and having access to the PS5 & PS4 versions. I'd prefer to have a choice, but whatever. I can buy it later when it gets cheaper and the money now can go towards Hitman 3.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Wait what? since when they started doing this? I have most of the PS Plus games they offer ecah month but they never did this before. Is this a PS5 exclusive feature or happens only for PS5 games?

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Greedfall was a really cool game, more people should play it. Hopefully the PS5 version is a free upgrade.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider was the worst of the trilogy by far, but still an okay time.

Great month!

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
How do you know? AFAIK the majority of games with current-gen support have all announced their plans to support the new consoles. Neither Greedfal nor SOTR had such announcements even for the future.

Quick search brought that up, not seeing anything that substantiates what "coming to next-gen" means though.