• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
The concert before lockdowns happened.

Was Killswitch engage touring with light the torch.

Howard comes out for end of heartache and then they do the signal fire right after.

I just want them to both fully be in the band instead of Howard's side project.

Killswitch engage with both Howard and Jesse would be fucking amazing. They click perfectly.

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Sonic the Hedgehog in theaters was so surreal. Never thought we would get a Sonic movie coming out in theaters in my life! Loved every moment of it.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Nothing really good or bad for me happened pre-pandemic but the best time for me this year was finally getting my OLED TV upgrade I've been planning for my personal enterainment setup. Got it for myself as a birthday gift.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
February when I spent almost my entire tax return at the... uh, exotic dance club hanging out with a really nice dancer three weeks in a row while on Molly the entire time. Probably the last time I'll ever get to actually socialize with nice people for a long time.

You can pretend I'm joking if you want.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
SONIC The Hedgehog Movie
Seeing Sonic the Hedgehog in theaters was so surreal. Never thought we would get a Sonic movie coming out in theaters in my life! Loved every moment of it.

I really had to google the Sonic the Hedgehog movie because it felt so damn long ago that it feels like it came out last year. My god, what a year 2020 has been.. but yeah I'm with you guys. Sonic the Hedgehog was a movie that pretty much put a smile on my face the entire time.

Next thing coming up that's gonna be my next "positive" thing is my birthday in October, so that's cool.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Early 2020 is basically just a blur to me. From November 2019 until March 2020, all I did was sit at home and go to physical therapy. All the days blend together.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Went to the Grand Canyon for the first time and got to see my best friend when I was in Arizona.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
My birthday was in late January. On the day itself, I had all you can eat Chinese hot pot with my mom. On the Friday afterwards, my friends got together for all you can eat Korean bbq. And the day after that I went out to celebrate with my immediate family at a nice gastro pub we had never been to. It seems so silly that my fondest 2020 memory is centered around food, but since I haven't been able to go to a restaurant or eat with my friends and family for half a year now, it's something I really long for. As someone who gets major anxiety from online communication, I really miss eating with people as a way of bonding. I'm also worried about the fate of those restaurants, and very glad that I got to at least enjoy them one last time if they happen to go under.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Rise of the Resistance in Feb
Trip with friends in March right before lockdown
More time with my wife for the 3 months we both worked from home
Have done tons of cooking and really perfected a few foods I love.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Australia was already a blazing inferno when the year 2020 ticked over so, it's been a shitshow from the start really.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Getting a 12% raise at work.

My job so far has been pretty secure even in spite of the pandemic — I work as a 911 dispatcher.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
I got to see my favorite band, Mr. Bungle for the first time ever. Went to all three LA shows. A couple weeks later I started a mosh pit for the very first time in my life at an Opeth show. Was the last concert I went to.

Both of those combined will keep me content not going to another show for the next year or so, and that's something I'd often do more than once a month.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I got promoted literally right at the cusp of lockdown. And it was a promotion I had been fighting a good amount for for at least a year beforehand. So that was nice.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Moving in with the love of my life and realizing that I can and should be treated better than my ex wife ever could or did.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
End of January I participated in an art showcase with RAW Artists where I had physical prints of my art and designs to show off to a huge crowd. Networked with a few talented artists and so many of my friends, family members and coworkers came to support me. I'm still completely floored by how many showed up for me. It was probably the biggest night of my artistic career and no matter how shitty this year has gotten, I still look back fondly on starting the year off on a high note.

Oct 29, 2017
Going to the NFC championship game in Santa Clara. Went to Disneyland for the first time at 42. And traveled to my hometown of Detroit for my younger cousins wedding.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
January and February were amazing actually. Started the New Year on a trip with friends and then for my birthday in February I took a week off at the beach. March was even pretty good until about halfway when shit just went straight to hell.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Not having to go to work for 10 straight weeks while getting paid was glorious.

It was the happiest I've been in a long time. Maybe ever.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Went to see the second My Hero Academia movie in theaters like a week before everything went to shit. Who knows when I'll ever get to go to a theater again at this point.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Going out with friends to the club all night. Was a French music night in London and it was banger after banger of French classics. Haven't seen those friends since around then since I had to go back to the states. Good memory though :(

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Not 2020, but end of 2019. Hade a great big Disney World trip with my family for Christmas. I hadn't been in over a decade when I still lived in Florida. Despite the massive crowds, the sore feet, and the chapped thighs, it was still a unique experience. I'm not sure I'd necessarily do it again, but if the opportunity arises, it wouldn't be the same, either.

I was feeling pretty good at the time, too, and that continued through about February. After the virus hit, my mental and physical health feel like they've gone massively downhill. Just wiped out all the progress I made.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Probably moving and saying bye to family and friends and going to my cousins super bowl party
we legit had plans for Las Vegas and Disney land for spring break which was the end of March lol

ah well, here's hoping we get a chance by the end of 2021

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I got to see Tame Impala in concert twice in March
tumblr_ntjijxmjBi1udcrreo1_1280.gif

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
dbnigz6zn3ki4w1akjxx.jpg

Hometown team broke a 50 year championship drought. I went to the AFC championship with my dad. This was all just weeks before U.S. lockdown and yet it feels like years ago.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
went to a beerfest that was almost exclusively stouts operated by a local coffee shop that collaborates with breweries by providing coffee for their beers back in february with some of my closest friends.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
End of January I participated in an art showcase with RAW Artists where I had physical prints of my art and designs to show off to a huge crowd. Networked with a few talented artists and so many of my friends, family members and coworkers came to support me. I'm still completely floored by how many showed up for me. It was probably the biggest night of my artistic career and no matter how shitty this year has gotten, I still look back fondly on starting the year off on a high note.

It was an awesome showcase

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Still having a job in February taking a friday off to go see Slipknot in Stockholm. Best Weekend of the year bar none.

I usually go for GA standing tickets but this time i was in the stands. Filmed a clip of the opening song.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
I had a great weekend gig playing for a house band at a venue outside of Nashville. Lucked into it thanks to a friend when most Nashville venues will just hire studio payers for that type of gig. Played in front of about 500 people on average each show. It was a good escape from my normal weekday job. Kept me on my toes as far as learning various songs in different genres.

It was exhilarating and kept me going each week. Now I just work, read comics, and sometimes play games alone. The weekends mean nothing to me now. I feel empty.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
We were in Disneyland about 2 weeks before shut down. The weather was perfect, it was a magical time.

We were there for their first new daytime parade. It wasn't announced ahead of time, but cast members let us know that there was going to be a soft opening of the parade. We found a great spot right on the parade route.

that was the best trip

e603aa3cf21c23d1239e6e3f2904353959dad275.jpg

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I legit cannot think of a single good thing that has happened to me this year.

I guess the only plus side is that it's not worse? Like, I still haven't gotten COVID and non of my family members have died from it.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Little league had just started, it's my passion in life, and I really feel like I impact lives there. Also a great bonding experience for me and my son. I got one week in before it shut down, gut punch, TBH.

My son is high risk, so I can't even entertain stuff like travel ball. Really feels like that aspect is passing us by while others blunt force their way along, lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Had a rough start to the year. While family got really sick (non-COVID), and my cat unexpectedly passed away...

Things started looking up when my wife and I bought a house in mid-Feb. A bit after that I took my 2 year old daughter to go see Sonic in theaters. It was the first time she and I had gone on a little date like that, and she had a ball. Later that week we had our friends over for a pizza party to christen the new house (I went shopping for party supplies with a friend, as the hordes were stripping our grocery store of toilet paper).

Literally 3 days later the theaters were closed, my wife was working from home, and I was filing for unemployment (which by the grace of God I didn't end up needing to utilize). And here we are.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Recently getting a Switch and feeling like a little kid again playing Animal Crossing