• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
A prominent law enforcement training group is promoting a lengthy research document riddled with falsehoods and conspiracies that urges local police to treat Black Lives Matter activists as "terrorists" plotting a violent revolution.

The document distributed by the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association contains misinformation and inflammatory rhetoric that could incite officers against protesters and people of colour, critics said. It alleges Black Lives Matter and Antifa, short for anti-fascists, are "revolutionary movements whose aims are to overthrow the US government" and claims they are planning "extreme violence".

Phillip Atiba Goff, a Yale University professor who is an expert on racial bias in policing, called the document dangerous, noting that the association is an important source of training materials for many small and midsize departments across the country.

She said the paper repeatedly promotes "wildly outlandish" claims about Black Lives Matter, shows cultural ignorance by falsely conflating the movement with Antifa, and primes officers to use force by painting both as "terrorists" plotting to kill police.

Among its many unsupported claims is that the two movements have "trained, dedicated snipers" stationed in certain cities, are fronts for Russia and China, and planned attacks before and after last month's presidential election.

The paper claims those who participated in months of protests earlier this year in Portland and Seattle were "useful idiots" designed to give cover to the "hard-core, terrorist trained troops" that would follow. "Extreme acts of violence are expected and called for," the document warns.

The paper claims military officials who served in Iraq and Afghanistan are concerned about the movements because they "have witnessed these types of terrorist groups organising, creating insurgencies and the horrible consequences of it".

The FBI is largely "clueless" about the nature of their threat and, along with the news media, has wrongly focused attention on violence carried out by white supremacists, it argues.

www.aljazeera.com

Police guide that calls BLM a ‘terrorist’ group draws outrage

Racial bias in policing expert warns the ‘dangerous’ document serves as training material for many departments.

Here is the training material for anyone want to read
Understanding Antifa and Urban Guerrilla Warfare"

Last edited:

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
maybe if black lives matter had a different slogan the police wouldn't be able to twist what it's about

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
honestly imagine being in such a whiny piss baby organization that you consider folks saying "you shouldn't be able to murder black people with impunity" as an act of violence against you

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
The FBI is largely "clueless" about the nature of their threat and, along with the news media, has wrongly focused attention on violence carried out by white supremacists, it argues.

OFLD.gif

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
The real problem is the Defund the Police slogan. If activists didn't use that they wouldn't be classified as terrorists.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
This isn't really purely a matter of funding, they can be underfunded and still be given this kind of material to read.

This is a matter of rebuilding the criminal justice system from the ground up to root out the bad actors disseminating this kind of shit and the systems that protect them. There are bad actors at every level, not just inside the PD but also outside of it.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
With shit like this going on people really need to keep their mouths shut in regards to what black activists "need" to do. Black activists aren't paid to do a job while police are and they use that taxpayer money to breed an army of bigoted brutes. Police are the ones who have the burden of convincing the rest of us of their value particularly those they brutalize and explicitly target for abuse & violent retribution like this.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More on topic: shit like this is why people want abolition. Racism and hatred has been ingrained in law enforcement since they were created in the USA (and before independence, as well).

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
BLM should rename their movement "All Lives Matter, But Let's Focus on Blacks For A Moment". The current one is too snappy and broad.

/s

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (permanent): Dismissive Drive-By on a Sensitive Topic and Antagonizing Other Users; Prior Severe Ban for Similar Behavior
You guys are depressingly one-dimensional.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i just skimmed through some of the pdf and it's wackadoo

collige

Oct 31, 2017
i just skimmed through some of the pdf and it's wackadoo
Just scrolled to a page completely randomly, landed on this

Open sources for information on ANTIFAOpen source reference Centerfor Security Policy...recent podcasts from Trevor Louden andStephan Coughlin aboutAntifa, it's history, origin, cash flow, etc. https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/i-aint-linking-to-this-bullshit/

Another site isProject Veritas. Go to #EXPOSE ANTIFA visit PROJECTVERITAS.COM/BRAVE. These are actual undercover videos of Antifa teaching fighting tactics.As to Antifa being the champion of the oppressed and a non-violentgroup, then go to this site http://www.dailywire.com/news/20252/i-aint-linking-to-this-bullshit-either where Antifa is hosting a "Enemies in Blue" workshop.Counterterrorism Expert Says 'The Goal of Antifa Is To OverthrowThe Government'go to https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/13/fuck-this-url-too
Whew. Veritas, Daily Wire, and Daily Caller all back to back. They got the Triforce of fuckery

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Oh, here's another fun bit. Right at the end of the document, there's a suggested reading list on it and one of the books is "only available on the Internet". So I looked it up and well...

Wikipedia said:
Timothy McVeigh controversy
Timothy McVeigh read the novel while awaiting his trial for the Oklahoma City bombing. He loved the book, and noted that if it had come out a few years earlier, he would have given serious consideration to using sniper attacks in a war of attrition against the government instead of bombing a federal building:
If people say The Turner Diaries was my Bible, Unintended Consequences would be my New Testament. I think Unintended Consequences is a better book. It might have changed my whole plan of operation if I'd read that one first.

IDK y'all it kinda looks like this cop document might actually be supporting terrorists

Edit: PSA For those of you who don't know, the Turner Diaries is a book where black people and Jews are all killed in the "day of the rope" for being "race traitors".

So to be clear, the book that this document calls "agood story as to what we are facing today" is one where the protagonist goes around killing enough government agents for the government to repeal gun control laws. It was loved by an actual terrorist who compared it favorably to the most popular Neo Nazi fanfic of modern times.

Last edited:

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, here's another fun bit. Right at the end of the document, there's a suggested reading list on it and one of the books is "only available on the Internet". So I looked it up and well...

IDK y'all it kinda looks like this cop document might actually be supporting terrorists

We need more sympathetic slogans to reach these people! Reform the police!

What a completely fucking rotten and horrifying institution the US has on its hands here.

Last edited:

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Fucking beat cops talking down what the FBI does and doesn't know about terrorism lol sounds like there's a lot of room for local LEOs to dive off that conspiracy cliff, and who will stop them?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The group's executive director, Harvey Hedden, defended the document, which he called one member's opinion and open for critique and debate. He said the association supports the exchange of ideas and strategies to improve criminal justice training but does not endorse specific approaches.

Hedden argued that fact-checking the paper or restricting its distribution would amount to censorship and that its publication would allow for peer review by other trainers.

"There will always be differences of opinion on training issues but so long as the disagreements remain professional and not personal we do not censor these ideas," he said. "I am willing to allow the trainer to evaluate the information themselves."

This is insane.
"fact checking is censorship"

Also leaning on 'peer review' to make it sound like they are an organisation with actual academic interest. 'Peer review' would be having people read it, fact check it and only then distributing it for general access with the organisation backing it and prepared to defend it with its name on the line. Publishing it and saying 'yeah we didn't fact check it as that would be censorship, it's just one guy's opinion, send it out to the police forces, trainers can 'peer review' it later, they can decide for themselves if they agree' misses the point of both 'peer review' and 'training'. This director come across as the organisation endorsing something horrific while hiding behind both 'it's one guy's opinion full of smears but we only widely distributed and backed it, we aren't responsible for it' and 'we are a professional academic organisation'. Pick one, but the latter clearly doesn't apply if you think fact checking is censorship and then that peer review after you've already handed out self-admitted misinformation and false accusations to thousands of people with guns is worth a damn.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I look forward to no one who was claiming that BLM is a good slogan and Defund the Police is a bad slogan to comment in this thread.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
The only terrorists I see are the unaccountable police who murder and brutalize people without consequence on a daily basis.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Meanwhile, ILEETA's "coporate sponsors" page has Police & Security News on it, which appears to be a real physical magazine for cops that you can get delivered to your house! Previous covers include these:
04julyaug-plain.png
05septoct-plain.png

Naloxone is a drug that stops people who overdosed on opioids from dying, but according to the table of contents using it to save people's lives "could get you killed". As far as I can tell, this has tragically happened exactly once (to a firefighter, not a cop) and their solution for it is to allow cops to handcuff people before reviving them just in case.