• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Good Lord.

And does even matter if it's NYPD or feds since the NYPD rolled up to protect the unmarked van.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like it was NYPD. They arrested her for damaging cameras but protesters said she was putting stickers on them.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
From what I've seen, I really hope Eliza Orlins wins and becomes DA. I followed her because of Survivor but I really like what she posts.

Also, I'm probably super ignorant but does anyone know where they take these people? I'm assuming they're "just" getting arrested albeit in extremely terrifying ways. I really hope nothing worse is happening to the people.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
From what I've seen, I really hope Eliza Orlins wins and becomes DA. I followed her because of Survivor but I really like what she posts.

Also, I'm probably super ignorant but does anyone know where they take these people? I'm assuming they're "just" getting arrested albeit in extremely terrifying ways. I really hope nothing worse is happening to the people.
I don't know what she could do, the NYPD is corrupt to the bone based on recent reports.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
have any of the people taken come back and said where they went?

In Portland, yes. The Washington Post did an interview with the person who was first abducted.

He was detained and searched. One man asked him if he had any weapons; he did not. They drove him to the federal courthouse and placed him in a holding cell, he said. Two officers eventually returned to read his Miranda rights and ask if he would waive those rights to answer a few questions; he did not.
Almost as suddenly as they had grabbed him off the street, the men let him go. The federal officers who snatched him off the street as he was walking home from a peaceful protest did not tell him why he had been detained or provide him any record of an arrest, he told The Post. As far as he knows, he has not been charged with any crimes. And, Pettibone said, he did not know who detained him.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
That shit is scary. Like how would you know they were cops with the way they were dragging her in plain clothes in an unmarked car. Could have been rapists. Wait cops and rapists are the same. I have heard many stories of them raping women with no repercussions like sex workers.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
In Portland, yes. The Washington Post did an interview with the person who was first abducted.

So they're allowed free reign as long as they do not charge you with anything first. Snatching bodies off the street while asking questions later. I believe the ACLU sued in regards to this? How this is even ok is fucking insane, literally unlawfully detained.

The angry part of me says to shoot first ask questions later if a van rolled up and tried to snatch me up. Then watch these assholes quickly identify as police as they gun me down.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA

"Nothing to see here just perfectly normal innocent police activity, nasty protestors trying to kill our terror agents tho tsk tsk"

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
That's a kind of insane assertion. They snatched her in broad daylight while surrounded by cops and in front of a giant crowd. Doesn't exactly hint at it being some kind of trafficking operation.

It wasn't but the scenario could have been seeing as the Feds and police are choosing not to identify themselves. They've muddied the waters and it will be exploited.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
It wasn't but the scenario could have been seeing as the Feds and police are choosing not to identify themselves. They've muddied the waters and it will be exploited.
Oh if the argument is that the method is reminiscent of it, then sure. But it read as a theory that this wasn't law enforcement but sex traffickers which given the setting seems incredibly unlikely.

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
Illegal. They probably have a good cause to sue somebody. These people probably aren't even law enforcement. They should get the book thrown at them. And this is kidnapping.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Oh if the argument is that the method is reminiscent of it, then sure. But it read as a theory that this wasn't law enforcement but sex traffickers which given the setting seems incredibly unlikely.
It won't always be daytime, there won't always be cameras, and it could always happen in a more chaotic moment.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

here's evidence of the bottle attack. don't know how that officer is gonna recover.

iu