• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 2, 2019
Please, refer to my next post.

Yeah, taking your next post as a reference, our goal is to enjoy the news about the games we're hyped about without having to listen the repetitive banter of people who doesn't want to enjoy it. Basically every single thread is hijacked by the exact same discussion and it's getting annoying.

You want something to be done. We want too, but you're infinitely more noisy.

Tell that to Gamefreak

No, we're telling that to YOU, who are the ones incessantly hijacking threads. YOU go talk to Game Freak, for fucks sake.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

When it takes over the conversation to the point of derailing the thread I don't see how it's that easy to not respond. You just responded yourself and you didn't need to. It's not that easy.

Tell that to Gamefreak. We'll discuss what we want to discuss. You don't need to bicker, discuss whatever you want to discuss.

You were complaining about someone else, you were bickering.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the spoiler is speculation, since I don't think we know that based on the leaks.

Because unlike what some of you may think we don't hate Pokémon. Quite the contrary. This is actully puting a damper on our enjoyment of the franchise and we don't enjoy shitting constantly on the games and receiving backlash for voicing our concerns. What we want is for something to be done, and we won't stop until something is done, and we sure aren't stopping just because some of you find it annoying. Honestly, I don't care.

It's also not like we made a heel turn because GF has decided to stop letting us transfer our Pokémon. I'm barely affected by it, I don't care that much. What I DO care about is raising awareness of the trend GF adopted back around Gen VI which has led to this situation and will lead to more in the future. We've been warning everyone for years, particularly last year with Let's Go and very few people actually listened. Mostly because they never cared much, which is fair, but we could do without your constant whining about people's criticism towards GameFreak.
Thats all well and good but voicing it in every single thread to people who can do fuck all about it does nothing but force people to join in on your misery.

The lack of national dex sucks. the reasoning is bullshit. the animations are wonky and yes Gamefreak needs to do better. BUT at the same time not everyone wants to have to wade through the same posts every time some new pokemon news happens. Not everyone wants to focus on the negatives all the time.

Contrary to what many seem to think constant negative criticism doesn't actually foster much discussion as yall think. Its kind of a one way street and honestly tends to only end in these meta discussions.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (2 days): hostility
If you want an echo chamber go join a discord or something.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Thats all well and good but voicing it in every single thread to people who can do fuck all about it does nothing but force people to join in on your misery.

The lack of national dex sucks. the reasoning is bullshit. the animations are wonky and yes Gamefreak needs to do better. BUT at the same time not everyone wants to have to wade through the same posts every time some new pokemon news happens. Not everyone wants to focus on the negatives all the time.

Contrary to what many seem to think constant negative criticism doesn't actually foster much discussion as yall think. Its kind of a one way street and honestly tends to only end in these meta discussions.
thanks for this post. Best way to sum it up.

Jun 2, 2019
No. The people being "negative" are not trying to shut down the other side of the conversation.

Uuuuuuuuh yes, they are. Positive discussion is ignored and quickly reverted to negative, and this is the place that takes it more easily.

As you have already said, if you want an echo chamber go make a Discord.

This kind of shit works both ways as you can see.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
When it takes over the conversation to the point of derailing the thread I don't see how it's that easy to not respond. You just responded yourself and you didn't need to. It's not that easy.

You were complaining about someone else, you were bickering.
I see, the usual "tu quoque".

Whatever, I tried. Keep on complaining.
Yeah, taking your next post as a reference, our goal is to enjoy the news about the games we're hyped about without having to listen the repetitive banter of people who doesn't want to enjoy it. Basically every single thread is hijacked by the exact same discussion and it's getting annoying.

No, we're telling that to YOU, who are the ones incessantly hijacking threads. YOU go talk to Game Freak, for fucks sake.
We are not hijacking anything. If you are so desperate to discuss a videogame in a videogame forum and want to turn a blind eye to the pressing matter that centralizes every conversation use the ignore function. Or, hey, keep on complaining, but I don't see the point on that, you are just contributing to the derailment.

Thanks for actually taking the time to form a good answer. I do agree, but it's an inevitability. I, for one, don't usually post much about it precisely for the reasons you stated, there's already enough people talking about it. But I also don't feel that much interested in talking about any other aspect of the games because this is what is really defining them for us. So what can we do? I'm not making up a problem, it is a problem that can't be avoided. Sucks if you don't have that problem and want to discuss other topics of the game (which I'm sure you can if you really ignored the issue) but can you really blame us for it? This is what GF decided, not me.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Uuuuuuuuh yes, they are. Positive discussion is ignored and quickly reverted to negative, and this is the place that takes it more easily.

As you have already said, if you want an echo chamber go make a Discord.

This kind of shit works both ways as you can see.

No, that's clearly not happening. No one is trying to stop you from having a "positive" discussion.

Jun 2, 2019
We are not hijacking anything.

Yes, you are.
If you are so desperate to discuss a videogame in a videogame forum and want to turn a blind eye to the pressing matter that centralizes every conversation use the ignore function

Same to you. In fact i can recommend you to start using the ignore function right now.

Or. Go make a discord.

Or, hey, keep on complaining, but I don't see the point on that, you are just contributing to the derailment.

Again, same. Every.single.thread.gets.derailed.by.the.same.banter.

No, that's clearly not happening. No one is trying to stop you from having a "positive" discussion.

Well, you just told us to make a Discord if we want to have an echo chamber. And then there's shit like this

If you are so desperate to discuss a videogame in a videogame forum and want to turn a blind eye to the pressing matter that centralizes every conversation use the ignore function

Yeah sure, nobody is trying to stop us from having a positive chat. We just have to go make a Discord and have our little own echo chamber

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
No. The people being "negative" are not trying to shut down the other side of the conversation.

You are shutting down the conversation by taking over the conversation. Just saying "ignore it" is not an answer either because the negative people are trying their best to make sure that we can't ignore it.

But I also don't feel that much interested in talking about any other aspect of the games because this is what is really defining them for us. So what can we do? I'm not making up a problem, it is a problem that can't be avoided.

There was a thread specifically where all the negative people hung out in. Where did that thread go?

lol you are trying too hard man,I played more than 100h of this game and nothing close to that happened.

I played 10 hours (because imo it sucked) and I had plenty of glitches (including the camp bug).

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Yes, you are.

Same to you. In fact i can recommend you to start using the ignore function right now.

Or. Go make a discord.

Again, same. Every.single.thread.gets.derailed.by.the.same.banter.
I'm not ignoring anyone because I really don't feel I should. But you are free to ignore me, I'm not getting mad about it.

And no, I'm not leaving to make a discord just because you don't want to hear about us, lol. Wtf.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
You are shutting down the conversation by taking over the conversation. Just saying "ignore it" is not an answer either because the negative people are trying their best to make sure that we can't ignore it.

There was a thread specifically where all the negative people hung out in. Where did that thread go?
I mean, there is a function literally called "Ignore".
And no, there was not a thread about it? There were threads related to the issue directly, but every Pokémon SwSh is directly connected to it so it's fair game.

Also, it's up to the mods to take action if they feel a thread is getting derailed or if they want conversations confined into a single thread. You are not one of them as far as I know.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
You can ignore posters, skip out on reading their posts, not acknowledge them, or whatever else. Not allowing people to talk about something because their opinion isn't positive is just silly. And no, I don't think people with positive opinions should leave and go to Discord either.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anchor points look really bad without particle physics for when the emitter is moving around. It makes sense for a move that's shared between all fire types to be fixed. Unreal Engine would be great for particles, but this looks like a much more designed and less generated effect.
I'm shocked this was less of a concern on the N64 than the Switch.

And almost all moves in the game are shared by all Pokémon of a type.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017

I played 10 hours (because imo it sucked) and I had plenty of glitches (including the camp bug).
Plenty of glitches in 10h? unlucky guy ,and what camp bug? I know RDR2 has one.
It sucked and still won more awards than all Pokémons combined,constantly praised as one of the greatest games ever.
But it is off topic,I just don't think your example was good or have anything to do with the complain of the other guy.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well, you just told us to make a Discord if we want to have an echo chamber. And then there's shit like this

Yeah sure, nobody is trying to stop us from having a positive chat. We just have to go make a Discord and have our little own echo chamber

You're free to discuss whatever the hell you want in this thread. You'll just have to wade through some dissenting opinions, which some people apparently can't deal with.

No one is trying to take over the conversation. Again, go ahead and discuss whatever the hell you want.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
User banned (1 week): hostility over a series of posts, history of similar behavior
I mean, there is a function literally called "Ignore".

You can only ignore 1000 people (I'm sure about half of my ignore list is made up of Pokemon fans) and it's hard to follow a thread when you have so many people on ignore which means you have to hit "show ignored content' to actually follow the thread.

Also, it's up to the mods to take action if they feel a thread is getting derailed or if they want conversations confined into a single thread. You are not one of them as far as I know.

Almost in every Pokemon thread mods have had to lay out guidelines for discussion because of threads getting derailed/hostile.

And no, there was not a thread about it? There were threads related to the issue directly, but every Pokémon SwSh is directly connected to it so is fair game.

There was a thread specifically where I know a lot of the unhappy people hung out in to complain about Game Freak. I think it was the thread about Masuda issuing a nothing statement on the whole national dex thing. It seems that thread died out or something, I don't know because I tried to stay away from it.

It sucked and still won more awards than all Pokémons combined,constantly praised as one of the greatest games ever.

Good, seeing as Rockstar made their staff work stupid hours, I'm glad it got acclaim. I just said that I personally thought it sucked, nothing wrong with having an opinion right?

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Just so you know, guys, I'm fuming every time someone says they like Rolycoly. I can't wait to jump at that little fucker's yugular and tell them how much I hate Gamefreak.

I'm just being facetious. And I love Rolycoly.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019

It can be tiring to read a lot of negative reactions, but this is a forum for people to discuss their reactions to gaming news. It's completely fair for them to do so in a thread about a trailer for said game.

It you don't like it, maybe it's on you to stop reading the threads, disregard their comments or put people on ignore lists

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It you don't like it, maybe it's on you to stop reading the threads.

Or perhaps it's on both sides to try and be as considerate as possible to each other (I understand personally I need to do better in this regard). Why is it on us to leave the thread? I saw someone yesterday who was upset because they didn't think they would have somewhere on this forum to discuss, in peace, organising trading and battling when the games come out. That's how dumb it's become.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Just so you know, guys, I'm fuming every time someone says they like Rolycoly. I can't wait to jump at that little fucker's yugular and tell them how much I hate Gamefreak.

I'm just being facetious. And I love Rolycoly.

Yeah?! Well, and I hate it even more! Pokémon should just be animals!

I actually quite like a lot of what they're showing. This seems like it could be the best game in the franchise and I'm super bummed I can't be excited for it.

But I apparently have an agenda against game freak or something

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Yeah?! Well, and I hate it even more! Pokémon should just be animals!

I actually quite like a lot of what they're showing. This seems like it could be the best game in the franchise and I'm super bummed I can't be excited for it.

But I apparently have an agenda against game freak or something
Yeah, I feel you. I was actually quite positive about the game after the Direct, it sucks.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Or perhaps it's on both sides to try and be as considerate as possible to each other (I understand personally I need to do better in this regard). Why is it on us to leave the thread? I saw someone yesterday who was upset because they didn't think they would have somewhere on this forum to discuss, in peace, organising trading and battling when the games come out. That's how dumb it's become.
Era doesn't really have a strong community for that either way with Pokemon. Trades will probably be possible for the first month or so, but good luck finding battles.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Or perhaps it's on both sides to try and be as considerate as possible to each other (I understand personally I need to do better in this regard). Why is it on us to leave the thread? I saw someone yesterday who was upset because they didn't think they would have somewhere on this forum to discuss, in peace, organising trading and battling when the games comes out. That's how dumb it's become.
Look, I'm not really that fussed about Dexit, animations or whatever. I'm looking forward to playing the game when it hits in November.

But people are allowed to think the game doesn't look great, and that sentiment doesn't seem to be invading any threads that aren't about the game.

I seem to recall there was a recent thread that was quite positive about some of the other potential changes made that stayed very positive throughout because they asked that people didn't discuss anything off topic (the animations, Dexit etc.) from the subject in hand. There can be (and will be) places to talk about the game where positivity can take control, but as I said, people are entitled to their opinions in threads about the game in general

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Era doesn't really have a strong community for that either way with Pokemon. Trades will probably be possible for the first month or so, but good luck finding battles.

Era wasn't even around for the start of the last gen though. I'm sure things can be set up either in the OT or in a dedicated thread.

I seem to recall there was a recent thread that was quite positive about some of the other potential changes made that stayed very positive throughout because they asked that people didn't discuss anything off topic (the animations, Dexit etc.) from the subject in hand. There can be (and will be) places to talk about the game where positivity can take control, but as I said, people are entitled to their opinions in threads about the game in general

Do you have a link to that thread because if it's what I think it was then there was still plenty of negativity and mods had to step in.

Jun 2, 2019
I seem to recall there was a recent thread that was quite positive about some of the other potential changes made that stayed very positive throughout because they asked that people didn't discuss anything off topic (the animations, Dexit etc.) from the subject in hand.

Don't you realise the fact that the only way to get a decent discussion about the game is telling people to tune out the negativity a bit?

That's the level this whole situation has. And it's us the issue? Really?

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Don't you realise the fact that the only way to get a decent discussion about the game is telling people to tune out the negativity a bit?

That's the level this whole situation has. And it's us the issue? Really?
You kind of went out of your way to turn this into a big deal and are actively derailing the thread, so yeah, I'd say people like you are the issue.

Jun 2, 2019
You kind of went out of your way to turn this into a big deal and are actively derailing the thread, so yeah, I'd say people like you are the issue.

Yeah, well, i exploded when i got told that we should make a discord so we could have our own little echo chamber of positivity.

I'm pissed off right now

I mean why the fuck should i have to use the ignore function, or swim through rivers of mud, or go open a Discord if i wanted to have a discussion about SwSh that wouldn't spin about animations and how mediocre is game freak yaddayadda?

Nobody has given me a reason that isn't "Deal with it"

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Do you have a link to that thread because if it's what I think it was then there was still plenty of negativity and mods had to step in.
I'm having a look for the thread now, will let you know when I find it!

Yeah, well, i exploded when i got told that we should make a discord so we could have our own little echo chamber of positivity.

I'm pissed off right now

I mean why the fuck should i have to use the ignore function, or swim through rivers of mud, or go open a Discord if i wanted to have a discussion about SwSh that wouldn't spin about animations and how mediocre is game freak yaddayadda?

Because this is an online forum with people talking about Pokemon in topics about Pokemon.

As long as people aren't harassing you, being discriminatory, getting personal or derailing threads then yes, you will probably just have to 'deal with it'

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

I'm pissed off right now

It's a discussion thread about a newly released trailer. People are discussing what they see in said trailer, both positive and negative. If you feel someone is getting hostile or derailing the thread, then Report it. Or Ignore everyone who's saying things you don't like. That's all you can do.

You can't tell people to stop not liking what you like. That's not how anything works.