• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is gamefreak putting clothes on pokemon?
WqggNec.jpg

Lmao.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So apparently the guide leaker is asking for money?

At this point we're probably on the cusp of getting way more leakers, so anyone wasting money on such an endeavor would be real dumb

Why does every pokemon thread descend to insulting each pokemon who might be someones favorite and then followed by replies saying facts or saying at least x is better y?

one thing I've learned over the past two decades is that every single Pokémon is someone's favorite. Yes, even that one.

It's honestly fantastic and I just get exhausted whenever people act like certain Pokémon are objectively terrible

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland

bruh, now you are making me reconsider picking sobble.
Super Cinderace after i collect the 8 chaos bagdes.

So basically you're saying people that are tired of kanto should shut up because you don't like hearing it?
Im not telling anybody what they can or cant do, but if yall can continue to complain about something that wont change, why cant i ?

Why does every pokemon thread descend to insulting each pokemon who might be someones favorite and then followed by replies saying facts or saying at least x is better y?
Because for most people, the only way they can judge something is by dragging other stuff down .
Cant say x is good, you have to say y is worse than x.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
OK, so in the middle of this sorta (???) dry spell, I wanted to try and interpret what I see in the blurry ass Cinderace pic to maybe have a better internalized visual of what it's supposed to look like? And tbh, if it looks like this (particularly in the face, I can tell its limbs won't be so cartoony, eh), then I'd consider Cinderace a fine enough design!

I don't see the issue with this honestly, if any animal was going to be bipedal it would be a rabbit in its Evo forms. Grooke also, he's a gorilla so it makes sense. The only one to be pissed over honestly is what sobbel became, you'd figure frog (already done), a lizard at worst. But it's a bipedal lizard. Reminds me of rango

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
OK, so in the middle of this sorta (???) dry spell, I wanted to try and interpret what I see in the blurry ass Cinderace pic to maybe have a better internalized visual of what it's supposed to look like? And tbh, if it looks like this (particularly in the face, I can tell its limbs won't be so cartoony, eh), then I'd consider Cinderace a fine enough design!

That was pretty impressive drawing there. Well done.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I honestly can't think of a single Pokemon I disliked and didn't eventually come around on. Maybe Pignite/Emboar? But I'm more ambivalent towards it rather than hating it.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Ton of people now loving him vs ton of people hating him when he was revealed. That's all there is to it. Doesn't have to include literally every single person.

I don't think that's the case, the people who hate him just stopped complaining but you are usually guaranteed to get complaints about him when starter design comes up.

I mean its not like they can patch out or redesign the Pokemon drastically so freaking out and wasting energy on the complaintS wont do anything, the way the situation is set up makes acceptance of these decision inevitable. Though its clear that most people want evolutions closer to the older gens, we've maybe only gotten 2 or three of these gimmicky role evolutions that aren't completely awful.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Don't worry, no one here has anything good to say about X or Y
Shut your trapnich.
X/Y had sublime pacing for me, and allowed me to get my favorite team of all time basically effortlessly in the course of the game.
Its online features were great, and the introduction of minigame way to level EVs is the single best thing they ever did to make me interested in trying pvp battling.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So no Eeveelution yet huh?

Going to break my heart if we don't get one. :(

We've gotten one every even gen for a long time now and Eevee still has a lot of types to go through.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Nah, people said the same thing about the Zelda cycle, but most people still agree with Skyward Sword being a bottom tier Zelda game.

Being followed up by Breath of the Wild did Skyward Sword no favors in that department though. If the next game was received less well, the cycle probably would have continued.

Pause

Feb 22, 2018
What's so bad about Primarina?
730.png

The concept is great, but the execution is awful. All of the bits and bobs on it fit the concept, but not each other. There's so many frills and spikes/whatever but they don't mix in a clear and consistent way. Why does it have a random set of spikes? Why does it have three bulbs on it's forehead - why do they look different from the pearls in it's hair? Why are the colors split in different sections?

And most of all the frills and especially the eyes are so weird. They frills don't look like they should be part of it's body, and it's eyes are kind of creepy. Like Valerie in XY. If it looked more like Milotic it'd be aces, but it just looks... bad.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Pincunchin, new mon. Guide leaker is gonna pick 3 random people and if they guess its typing he's gonna reveal it

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think you nailed it. I really hope the flame and ears look like that in the end.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Status
Not open for further replies.