• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
for plenty of people the weak graphics of legends didn't impact their experience enough to really take away from that game and I feel like this looks significantly better

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Super fucking cool that we're getting a Spain-insipired generation. Legit excited after this trailer, those fire starters and regularly playing/loving Arceus.

Also Team Fuecoco

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuecoco looks great. My favorite fire starter base form since Cyndaquil, and there's a very high likelihood that this will be the first gen since 3 where I don't pick the grass starter.

It'll be nice to have a game with (presumably) the capture system of Legends with an actually good battle system.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
That's what I'm hoping for. The Pokemon have their abilities back so I think it'll be the case.
Battles are in the overworld it seems
FMnOJVSWUAIiepK

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
wtf lol yees!

Quaxly is so damn cute but i'm gonna need to go with Sprigatito. will be getting Pokemon Violet for sure.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
am I paranoid or does the mention of battling Pokemon to catch them on the website mean this doesn't have the Arceus catching system?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Fuck. I need to play Arceus.

So happy they're building on that formula though, a new era for Pokémon games

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I was being a great big jerk and I said some mean things and I'm sorry Game Freak for all that. Every idea I pushed back against for the series is working great. I almost cried when in Arceus you could turn around and not even look at the battle happening. That's so cool.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Pound for pound I think this is my favorite group of starters in a LONG time. I love all three, their final evos will be how I have to decide.

Didn't take long to go back to 2 games unnecessarily again.. wonder if this will be return to "traditional" pokemon again too.
Feels they'd be disappointing now arceus has raised the bar.

I imagine this will split the difference between traditional and Legends games.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
So the french names are Poussacha, Chochodile and Coiffeton.

Grow + Cat

Hot + Crocodile

Hat + Duckling

Ok.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, a Pokemon Purple, my favourite colour (Well, it might not be indigo, but I'll take it). That makes choosing which version to get easy.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Quaxly's a good one, we're overdue for a waterfowl starter, and it's a charming little fella. Fuecoco's pretty visually interesting and I'm most interested in its evolutions. Sprigatito's cute but I can't not immediately compare it to Litten considering that was just two generations prior; hopefully this one stays on four legs

It's a cute crop of starters, on the whole. Leaning Fuecoco but can easily be convinced toward Quaxly

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man, I really wish they gave these more time. They just released Arceus and are planning to release Gen 9 in the same year?

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Man, if only they fixed the ugly ass trees in arceus, why did they have to re-use it.

At least the trees have some variety in them.

Hopefully the game will have voice acting

This won't happen. It'll be like Arceus where (plot spoiler) it will have diverging plot lines., I hoped.

Jesus christ that opening gameplay shot is possibly some of the ugliest ingame footage I've seen in a trailer in I don't know how long, it's actually embarrasing that Pokemon is so far behind the curve THIS is considered good enough to be the public's first impression of the game (especially after Xenoblade 3 just got revealed the other day).

img_about_01.jpg
img_about_03.jpg

Like what on earth is up with the nuclear glow lighting going on, the stupidly low resolution blurry foreground textures and the hyper sharp edges on the buildings in the back? At least Arceus Legends had the desaturated and muddy looking colours to slightly mask the garbage textures, resolution and jagginess, cranking saturation to 200% is doing no favours for this.

After playing Arceus for 143 hours, I cam daresay I am used to the graphical prowess Game Freak is putting out. I don't mind subpar graphics, so as long as the gameplay loop is fine.

chadboban

May 27, 2020
for plenty of people the weak graphics of legends didn't impact their experience enough to really take away from that game and I feel like this looks significantly better

It really does look better. Unlike Arceus which looked behind in a lot of areas, this looks more in line with what i expect from an open world on switch. It's not perfect(It's the fucking switch) but it's also better looking than Arceus' first showing as well. And while I didn't mind Arceus' art direction, I feel like this one is much more consistent across the board.

Also it looks like that UGLY ASS TILED WATER EFFECT FROM ARCEUS IS GONE THANK GOD!!

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting Pokémon, pimientos del piquillo and Ayuso when I saw the thread.

Please please please be like Legends Arceus and let me have a relaxing cup of cafe con leche in plaza mayor.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
hope we can customise the appearance of our character. they look boring with those clothes.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I'm really confused why they decided to make this at the same time as Legends Arceus instead of just... making either that or this better. Why two major Pokemon games in 2022? They had last year's gap filled with BDSP. I will never understand this company. Well, Arceus was a fun enough time that I'm willing to give this a shot. If it's a step back or (more likely) a step sideways, so be it. I'm not that invested. It's just... weird.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Uhmm. Looks worse than PLA? (Graphically)
The fact that in the trailer they show a lot of the same wild mons that we've seen in PLA doesn't help.