• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
  • Full worldwide release for Pokemon Rumble Rush
  • Date for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu 2
  • Pokken Tournament 2
  • New Mystery Dungeon

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
  • Mobile Game 1
  • Mobile Game 2
  • F2P Switch Game
  • Detective Pikachu something
  • Other non-game news
I will not get my hopes up for anything more.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Will be interesting to see what they show off. Expecting a heavy mobile-focused presentation

Mystery Dungeon (Mobile/Switch)
Detective Pikachu (Switch)
Pokemon Trozei (Mobile)
Pokemon Go & Quest talk (Mobile)
Pokemon Rumble Rush (Mobile)

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone provide a reminder of what they showed the last time they had a pre-E3 Pokemon Direct? I seem to remember Pokken Switch, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, and maybe Magikarp Drop (?).

I know this isn't a Direct, but I figure since they are focusing on Sword/Shield in the Direct, this is where the similar announcements would be.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
So where is my Crypt of the Pokédancer?

Also ... anyone has one of those countdowns?
Check the OP

Edit: Ah fuck, I confused this OP with the other one lol sorry
Here

t1559091600z4.png

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Can someone provide a reminder of what they showed the last time they had a pre-E3 Pokemon Direct? I seem to remember Pokken Switch, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, and maybe Magikarp Drop (?).

I know this isn't a Direct, but I figure since they are focusing on Sword/Shield in the Direct, this is where the similar announcements would be.
2018's Press Conference had Quest and Let's Go

But these are new so there isn't much precedence

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

During that Direct (2017) they also announced the Gold and Silver Virtual Console games.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

Last year they did a conference for Pokemon Quest and Let's Go. That one was titled as a "Video Game Press Conference" while this is titled differently. So what is shown could be different.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
"New business strategy" probably means more multimedia stuff. Maybe there won't be any new game announcements.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is one new spin-off game and some updates on existing ones, plus merch and movie talk

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon Snap 2, free movement instead of a rail shooter
Another Pokemon TCG RPG with actual robust single player and non-microtransaction progression
A 2D Pokemon fighting game
A Pokemon Tactical RPG game that's not by Koei
The Mewtwo origin and Red/Blue live action adaptations are being pushed up ahead of the Detective Pikachu direct sequel and are given dates for the next two years
A new anime series on Netflix doing an Origins/Generations take on each gen with 26 episode seasons for each

Last edited:

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"New business strategy" Effective today Pokemon is now a dedicated oral hygiene brand.

Oct 25, 2017
This is basically their conference last year but they're actually showing it to the public for no misconceptions. Wondering how many spin offs to expect.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really can't afford staying up till 3am. Especially since I've got class at 8am...
I probably will though.

Oct 30, 2017
It's a collab. The new Luigi's Mansion is actually called Luigi's Pokémon Mansion with Luigi's new Pokégeist 3000 capturing mischievous ghost Pokémon and Giratina serving as the big bad.

...I've thought about this for a long time.

OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting that they decide to have this at the end of May. They could wait a few weeks and treat it as an E3 press conference.

It even be funny for Pokémon to have an E3 press conference and not Sony.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
If they don't announce any particular game, which I doubt, I think we could also get some sort of announcement of what's to come. Didn't they mention Pokémon 2019 last year in that conference?

As some said, there really isn't a pattern we can take as a precedent so all we can do is speculate.

Less than 5hrs left, right?

Feb 9, 2019
It'll probably be an overview of how the new gen will be integrated into the Pokémon brand, anime, cards, movies.

If we are lucky an announcement of one or two more live action movies, a western release date for the Mewtwo remake and a teaser for the gen 8 movie next year.

I imagine some gen 8 will be revealed indirectly but I'm not treating this as anything consumer facing, that will be saved for the direct.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that they decide to have this at the end of May. They could wait a few weeks and treat it as an E3 press conference.

It even be funny for Pokémon to have an E3 press conference and not Sony.
This is likely going to focus on a mobile game and other non-gaming stuff, so it probably wouldn't be a good fit for e3.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having to keep track of so many threads is so annoying.

Here's hoping for something good to be announced and launched sooner than later.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
in a shock announcement, nintendo announces it has sold all ownership of the pokemon company, which has been acquired by google