• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

usyk

Oct 28, 2017
PlayStation 'PS5' UK trademark registered by Sony
https://www./tech/gaming/playstation-ps5-uk-trademark-registered-21407118

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017

February 14 – Media Molecule from 4PM – 6PM (GMT) and the Dreams Community through the day
February 19 – Naughty Dog from 10:30AM – 12:30PM (PT)
February 20 – Insomniac Games' President and Founder, Ted Price, from 1PM – 2:30PM (PT)
February 21 – Sid Shuman and Shuhei Yoshida team up for a joint stream

We can rule those days out for PSM then.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
giphy.gif

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
What's up with that studio that did the Siren series? I wouldn't mind another one.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Damn, she was going to bless us with her next Jim Ryan-Repunzel edit... I guess Much will just have to make an Emilia Clark- Jim Ryan morph in her memory ;_;

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
What's up with that studio that did the Siren series? I wouldn't mind another one.
Well Gravity Rush 2 came out 3 years ago, Keiichiro Toyama (Team Siren/Gravity's director) says he wants to make horror again, and there are rumors that SIE is working on a new horror IP. The stars are lining up real nicely for us horror fans my dude.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
That team did Gravity Rush 1 & 2 this gen.

The only studios we actually know what they're working on are Naughty Dog (although they are also working on something secret multiplayer), Sucker Punch and Media Molecule to my knowledge.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Yeah, and isn't there also that other news that Kojima wants to make a horror game too?
Yep! There is a real shot we could be getting two mayor horror games from SIE come next gen. If either of those will be Siren or Silent Hill (through a deal with Konami) related is another interesting discussion.

Sora78

Jun 3, 2018
Wow. This was a good watch. I can't say I'm optimistic at all about the next Ratchet game, what the hell were they thinking? lol

The next R&C can only be better!
More time, more budget, not tied with an animated movie, 60fps will surely come back, Clank can't be more useless, it can't have less content...

The animations can be much better, the characters can be better written, they can put arenas, better jokes, a more free and fascinating exploration, etc ...

I really liked the PS4 game though, but this series has so much more to offer!

tumblr_o8ckyzG38e1qfmma8o7_r1_250.gifv

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Well Gravity Rush 2 came out 3 years ago, Keiichiro Toyama (Team Siren/Gravity's director) says he wants to make horror again, and there are rumors that SIE is working on a new horror IP. The stars are lining up real nicely for us horror fans my dude.

We know that Polyphony's working on the next GT. We just don't know if it's GT7 or Sport 2. I'm leaning toward GT7 since it's going to have a full fledged career mode as well.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Replaying 2016 Ratchet and Clank showed the problems with it that I didn't see the first time, that and watching that video helped too.

There's potential though with a new game. Not being tied to a movie will probably help.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
The next R&C can only be better!
More time, more budget, not tied with an animated movie, 60fps will surely come back, Clank can't be more useless, it can't have less content...

The animations can be much better, the characters can be better written, they can put arenas, better jokes, a more free and fascinating exploration, etc ...

I really liked the PS4 game though, but this series has so much more to offer!

tumblr_o8ckyzG38e1qfmma8o7_r1_250.gifv
They proved that they are great story tellers with Spiderman, which they needed to do after R&C and Sunset Overdrive. I'm confident that not being tied down to a kid movie's script will free them storytelling wise.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
"So, we needed to make a big game that blew away our previous efforts. It needed to sync up with the just-getting-started film. And we needed to ship it in 10 months to line up with the movie release"

"The new game's macro needed a dramatic revision to match. It had to stand on its own. But it also had to line up perfectly with the film's re-telling of the story. We couldn't have mismatched writing, plot points, or visuals. "

-Shaun McCabe, 2016 R&C's director, on the post mortem of the game Posted to Gamasutra

VERY important Context

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as the JRPG posts have died down considerable I believe it is time to ramp up the Falcom acquisition drums.

Bum BOOM bum BOOM!

Especially since Sony execs will may be looking at social sites during the calm before the PS Meeting.

+7 millions views for the reimaging game trailer !
yeah, crazy :O

Last edited:

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Seeing as the JRPG posts have died down considerable I believe it is time to ramp up the Falcom acquisition drums.

Bum BOOM bum BOOM!

Especially since Sony execs will may be looking at social sites during the calm before the PS Meeting.
Sorry dude, I've tried that before and got hit with:
-"They have been 60 devs for like a decade, they don't want to grow"
-"What makes you think Sony's funding will make them switch over to AAA?"
-"They want to be independent for all time"
-"A new engine won't stop their games from looking like shit"

Something along those lines...

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep! There is a real shot we could be getting two mayor horror games from SIE come next gen. If either of those will be Siren or Silent Hill (through a deal with Konami) related is another interesting discussion.
It's looking that way. Wasn't there also a rumor about Konami rebooting Silent Hill? Would be pretty crazy if they ended up coming together for some deal with Toyama or Kojima.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
It's looking that way. Wasn't there also a rumor about Konami rebooting Silent Hill? Would be pretty crazy if they ended up coming together for some deal with Toyama or Kojima.
It's a mixed bag for me. SIE gets a Silent Hill deal out of Konami....
A) SIE hands over the game to Kojima and KojiPro, slapping the creator of the IP in the face
B) SIE hands over the game to Toyama and Team Siren, slapping the guy who revived interest in the IP (and AAA horror in general) before getting his game canned (then promptly out of a job), in the face
C) They both agree to co-direct (Team Siren and KojiPro co-develop) a reboot..... Profit?

Last edited:

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Damn, she was going to bless us with her next Jim Ryan-Repunzel edit... I guess Much will just have to make an Emilia Clark- Jim Ryan morph in her memory ;_;

I can't live up to Angie's creations. I will only ever disappoint.

you never said that when they done clapped my ass 🤨

and i made a thread praising your work and gifs.smh

You know what? You're absolutely right. I'm forever in your debt. I'm sorry.

P.S

where have you been!?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
User banned (3 weeks): Mod-whining, derailing, and harassing another member over multiple posts in the thread
it looks like they'll be free in three weeks?
That's still far too long for Angie to be gone for. Sony could actually announce something in that time, and we need the gifs!

Also, with no repercussions to the person she showed evidence of them being racist and sexist? I mean, come on ERA, where are your moderating standards? :(

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Also, with no repercussions to the person she showed evidence of them being racist and sexist? I mean, come on ERA, where are your moderating standards? :(

This. #JusticeForAngie

hmmm given the original post before the mod edits, it does not seem she actually did that? she certainly threatened to import off-site drama because i guess she was stalking the dude for some reason, which is actually clearly against Era's rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.