• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'd like to think Bluepoint is working on multiple games, but I guess they're not big enough for that. I did like the theory that they were also working on the so-called remastering engine that the PS5 would use for BC, which would explain their tweets that hint at several games. Maybe they're doing a game plus helping on the remastering engine?

Nov 8, 2017
Just discovered you don't need a Platinum headset for non VR games that support 3D audio if you have a PSVR.

Just played Days Gone with 3D audio and it was awesome. Gotta try Uncharted 4 next. 3D audio on PS5 is becoming my most anticipated feature. It's exciting that all games will support it and that you won't need an expensive speaker setup to experience it.
It's not 3D audio but I've been playing without headphones lately and put them on tonight after reading your post. I was kind of amazed by how many sounds I missed by just using my TV speakers. What a difference. I can't wait for the audio improvements that the PS5 will bring.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Bluepoints game is said to be a re-imagining, not a remake.
No offense to Bluepoint, but why would I ever want them reimagining a near-perfect game like Demon's Souls? The game came out a decade ago. Just pop a fresh paint of coat on it, put some servers online, and make it playable on PS5. I don't want anyone but From Software making editorial decisions with Demon's Souls.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
No offense to Bluepoint, but why would I ever want them reimagining a near-perfect game like Demon's Souls? The game came out a decade ago. Just pop a fresh paint of coat on it, put some servers online, and make it playable on PS5. I don't want anyone but From Software making editorial decisions with Demon's Souls.

That's why it makes more sense that they'd be reimagining MGS1. Maybe DS is getting the remake treatment and MGS is getting the reimagining treatment? MGS could be for launch with DS to come later?

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
It's not 3D audio but I've been playing without headphones lately and put them on tonight after reading your post. I was kind of amazed by how many sounds I missed by just using my TV speakers. What a difference. I can't wait for the audio improvements that the PS5 will bring.
Yeah it's a change for sure just going from crappy TV speakers. 3D audio really does sound nice in headphones though. I can tell which way the Freakers are just by sound.

Apparently PS5 will use their sound tech that can make things sound like they're coming behind you or above from regular speakers.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe people at from are consulting, even Miyasaki.

Yeah it's a change for sure just going from crappy TV speakers. 3D audio really does sound nice in headphones though. I can tell which way the Freakers are just by sound.

Apparently PS5 will use their sound tech that can make things sound like they're coming behind you or above from regular speakers.

I hope their new sound tech is compatible with regular headphones I just bought a rather expensive one.

Even if it is I would still consider a high end PS5 Sony made Headphone. It's time Sony start paying attention to that market like MS with their Elite Controller. An Elite like Dualshock and Headphone would be nice!

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what this guy did.. if it's just the emulator or if he messed with filters.. but it looks GREAT!

Is this what we can expect from BC on the PS5, for even PS3 games? if not better?

Make sure you set it at 4k60fps. Or 1440p 60fps.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I just spent my night doing this.
I will update as the dates and games are announced. I'm too lazy to buy a host and a .com domain, so I found a free host.

1Sjtxpe.png

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what this guy did.. if it's just the emulator or if he messed with filters.. but it looks GREAT!

Is this what we can expect from BC on the PS5, for even PS3 games? if not better?

Make sure you set it at 4k60fps. Or 1440p 60fps.

Jesus I don't remember Motorstorm 3 ground textures being so bad! Lol

Guy deserves props for the New Order soundtrack lol

yukihirasouma

Mar 11, 2018
I know it's unlikely, but what if BP is remaking more than one game, like DS and something else?
Edit : I see that some folks above have the same idea

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just spent my night doing this.
I will update as the dates and games are announced. I'm too lazy to buy a host and a .com domain, so I found a free host.

1Sjtxpe.png

Nice! Godfall is Holiday 2020 though, since it's PS5 launch. You have it listed as Q1.

Also if you're organizing by date, you may want to throw Granblue Fantasy: Versus after P5R since that's the end of Q1. It'll very most likely be out internationally February 6 though, day and date with Japan, so if you wanna set it as that instead no one will blame you.

Also if we're really doing this in terms of exclusives, you can also add:

- Azur Lane: Crosswave (also on PC) - February 2020
- No Straight Roads (also on PC) - 2020
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV (also on PC) - February 28
- Ys: Memories of Celceta (also on PC, PS Vita) - 2020

Other games not yet dated (if you wanted a separate section for that)

- Akiba's Trip: Hellbound & Debriefed (also on PC)
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink
- Lost Soul Aside
- Onechanbara Origin - western release not yet announced, but an English trophy list is up, so it's very likely happening this year
- Project Awakening
- Uppers (also on PC)

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I also doubt Bluepoint's title will be ready for launch, Shadow was released early 2018, I just don't see them remaking DeS that fast.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Nice! Godfall is Holiday 2020 though, since it's PS5 launch. You have it listed as Q1.

Also if you're organizing by date, you may want to throw Granblue Fantasy: Versus after P5R since that's the end of Q1. It'll very most likely be out internationally February 6 though, day and date with Japan, so if you wanna set it as that instead no one will blame you.

Also if we're really doing this in terms of exclusives, you can also add:

- Azur Lane: Crosswave (also on PC) - February 2020
- No Straight Roads (also on PC) - 2020
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV (also on PC) - February 28
- Ys: Memories of Celceta (also on PC, PS Vita) - 2020

Other games not yet dated (if you wanted a separate section for that)

- Akiba's Trip: Hellbound & Debriefed (also on PC)
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink
- Lost Soul Aside
- Onechanbara Origin - western release not yet announced, but an English trophy list is up, so it's very likely happening this year
- Project Awakening
- Uppers (also on PC)

Awesome, I will update it tomorrow!
And about those games with no date yet, I think I'll at least wait for them to be confirmed for 2020. Lost Soul Aside for example is "expected" in 2020. 🤔

But anyway, thank you! :)

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'm not going to do a McAfee and bet to eat my dick if it's not Demon's Souls, but I'm pretty certain Bluepoint are remaking DS for the PS5.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I really hope you guys don't be upset with Jason in case Bluepoint is not working on a Demon Souls game, because he "confirmed it" on a forum polle vote.
You guys are really reaching here lol

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I really hope you guys don't be upset with Jason in case Bluepoint is not working on a Demon Souls game, because he "confirmed it" on a forum polle vote.
You guys are really reaching here lol

He also made this post in that thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/bl...ere-most-proud-of.156893/page-2#post-27036360 (follow the quotes for context)

I don't think it's a reach. That said I certainly won't be upset if it turns out to be something else.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever BP is working on, I'm sure it'll be fantastic so I'm sold solely based on their past work. That said, I find it hard to believe it would be MGS, just because even though they worked with Konami in the past, that was before they torpedoed their game output... I definitely see it making more sense on it being Demons Souls (remaking a property Sony owns) than MGS but that's just me. I love both games though, so I'd not be disappointed whatever they do.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
He also made this post in that thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/bl...ere-most-proud-of.156893/page-2#post-27036360 (follow the quotes for context)

I don't think it's a reach. That said I certainly won't be upset if it turns out to be something else.
Ok fair enough. He clearly knows more than the rest of us. Is just that basing a confirmation of a game on just a poll vote seems a stretch. But also seems there is more to it (or not), like you posted.

Oct 27, 2017
Beside this thread it seems like Era has a lot of negative thread about Sony lately, I remember the old days on the old forum most members are pro Sony and for good reason, it seems nowadays everything Sony does is wrong while what whatever MS does is good and even with some controversial decision that they made such as no exclusive first party next gen title for the Xbox Series X, some gamer think that is a great decision while Sony having some exclusive next gen games for the PS5 is somewhat bad.

Oct 25, 2017
*Bluepoint confirmed to announce their PS5 game at the Playstation Meeting next month*

Fans: WOOOO YEAAHHH

Bluepoint:
Simpsons-Skateboarding-Start-Image.jpg
Fans:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'd legit love a remake of Simpsons Hit and Run by Bluepoint - bigger world, new missions but mainly just a art style mimicking the cartoon perfectly. Though that IP is stuck with EA, so fat chance of that ever happening...
*Bluepoint confirmed to announce their PS5 game at the Playstation Meeting next month*

Fans: WOOOO YEAAHHH

Bluepoint:
Simpsons-Skateboarding-Start-Image.jpg
Fans:

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Guys are we back at this. It's Demon's Souls. Jason's been teasing it for years and literally just yesterday, teased it again. Lol Doesn't matter what "insider" tweets this or that. This is Jason. You can trust if he says something, it's legitimate.

I believe it's a game by From Software?

Now it doesn't mean it's the only games they're working on. I think they're working on the PS1-PS3 remastering but also working on a remake of Legend of Dragoon.

Last edited:

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I personally thought Sony Japan would have worked on Demon Souls Remastered since they helped with Bloodborne.

Of course. Japan Studio helped on SotC with Bluepoint because they helped make the original. They're going be involved with this as well because they also helped make the original DS.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
another day, another week passed and no PS5 related news drop. Wonder if we'd get the PS Meeting event announcement this week.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if PS Meeting will be in March.
Such huge conferences are planned many months ahead. And since TLOU2 was originally scheduled to release at the end of February, I don't think they would have put PS meeting right before it. The marketing campaign for TLOU2 would have been massive in February, can't imagine Sony would have sabotaged that by PS meeting hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.