• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
That's fine for launch.

My hypothetical launch day haul in this scenario is:

Gran Turismo 7
Demon's Souls
Ratchet & Clank
NBA 2K21 (imagine how this game is going to look)
Watch Dogs Legion
Assassin's Creed Ragnarok
Batman Arkham Legacy

Umm, yeah, I'm eating good in that scenario.

Sounds about right and realistic. Batman should be nice to finally see.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
When it comes to launch games I'm also praying we'll be getting 4k/60FPS version of the PS4's greatest hits. Not being able to play The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima at 60FPS would be a fucking crime.

There's more than likely going to be launch PS5 patches for TloU and Ghost + big WWS games. I don't think they're going to remaster\port them again on PS5. Maybe TloU

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Even if GT7 doesn't make it, something else could be there in its place. Something surprising. For now though, Demons Souls and Ratchet & Clank are the worst kept secrets so the lineup is already very good. Demons Souls is genius move and will almost certainly lead into an eventual Bloodborne sequel. Hardcore side will absolutely jump for Demon's Souls. I consider that a system seller due to the popularity of Dark Souls\BB\Sekiro, etc. Having an exclusive Souls game is a big big deal.
Like a horror game. No, i will never stop putting that hope out into the universe up until the reveal event. If some of yall get to honestly believe that Ape Escape can do respectably well in the new decade, so can I with a Siren Team horror game!

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I'm the only one who thinks Sony needs to build its own fighting IP? I'm not talking about All Stars, but something like Bloody Roar back in the day. I don't think they should hope to moneyhat something from Capcom for ever.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So what's everyone hoping for the PS5's release date? Looking at the release dates for previous PlayStation consoles I'm not getting my hopes up but I'm really hoping Sony will go with an early October date, if there's one thing I really disliked about the transition from PS3 to PS4 it's how all 3rd party heavy hitters of holiday 2013 released weeks before the PS4, meaning you'd had to choose between playing the worse PS3 version of those games for a few weeks or just wait a few weeks to play the game.
There's more than likely going to be launch PS5 patches for TloU and Ghost + big WWS games. I don't think they're going to remaster\port them again on PS5. Maybe TloU
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. When I buy my PS5 later this year I wanna be able to install all those games to the SDD by simply putting my PS4 discs into the PS5, install the games, download a patch and go at 4K/60FPS.
When is the next Spider-Man movie? That's when we'll be seeing the next Spider-Man game
July 2021, which would be a bit early considering that would mean less than 3 years of dev time. There's also really no need to launch at the same time because there's no tie-in.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
So what's everyone hoping for the PS5's release date? Looking at the release dates for previous PlayStation consoles I'm not getting my hopes up but I'm really hoping Sony will go with an early October date, if there's one thing I really disliked about the transition from PS3 to PS4 it's how all 3rd party heavy hitters of holiday 2013 released weeks before the PS4, meaning you'd had to choose between playing the worse PS3 version of those games for a few weeks or just wait a few weeks to play the game.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. When I buy my PS5 later this year I wanna be able to install all those games to the SDD by simply putting my PS4 discs into the PS5, install the games, download a patch and go at 4K/60FPS.

Let's get the meeting down first Lol. Hopefully it's within the next few weeks. Ya I think games like Horizon, God of War, UC4, Bloodborne, Days Gone, etc will also get launch PS5 patches.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
If Ghost of Tsushima gets a 60fps patch I'd probably wait to play it on PS5. I don't think I can wait to play TLOU2 though.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
That thread is a mess. How is it anti-consumer. You buy new systems to play new games. It's the same thing Nintendo does. Just because Microsoft is doing something different, these people need to understand that it doesn't mean everyone has to base what they do on them. If anything, Sony's approach makes more sense to me. I mean, it's a next generation system. Why would I buy it if I can play the same games on my PS4.
This.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The rumor for Spiderman PS5 is Holidays 2021. Makes sence for Sony as a whole. Morbius in July for this year, then Venom 2 in october. MCU Spidey 3 is July 2021, PS5 Spidey 2 is Holiday 2021.
Sony about to play Spider-Man 2 trailers in cinemas during the ads before 2021's Spider-Man movie
1o94vjq.gif

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
As exciting PS5 exclusives, I also anticipating backward compatibility at least.

Days Gone with stable/locked framerate finally, or even a 60fps patch maybe???

Gravity Rush 2 also.

Alongside with SSD loading times, whether it would be instant fast or not, still remain to see.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
As exciting PS5 exclusives, I also anticipating backward compatibility at least.

Days Gone with stable/locked framerate finally, or even a 60fps patch maybe???

Gravity Rush 2 also.

Alongside with SSD loading times, whether it would be instant fast or not, still remain to see.
We will finally be able to play The Last Guardian the way our feathered feline chimeric pupper deserves.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No suprise, but:
www.resetera.com

Jason Schreier (Kotaku Splitscreen) : "Sony will have PS5 only titles at launch"

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3MuYXJ0MTkuY29tL2tvdGFrdS1zcGxpdHNjcmVlbg&episode=Z2lkOi8vYXJ0MTktZXBpc29kZS1sb2NhdG9yL1YwL2lZYXF0QmZuWEJKNnpxcjNndnpKVGdZR1NTT2U2VVdUbThiQ09tcHZLd0E&hl=en-IT&ved=2ahUKEwiNnYWqgKHmAhVKbVAKHYDKCAUQieUEegQIARAE&ep=6&at=1575634615373 Around 29:04. I...

How'd this blow up now? This is a month old and was discussed in this very thread:

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
The rumor for Spiderman PS5 is Holidays 2021. Makes sence for Sony as a whole. Morbius in July for this year, then Venom 2 in october. MCU Spidey 3 is July 2021, PS5 Spidey 2 is Holiday 2021.

2021's Black Friday will be a bloodbath then. Imagine getting a PS5 with the brand new Spider Man 2 game with that PS5 graphical upgrade. Shivers just imagining this.

About this year's PS5 release, I just hope Sony can have enough time to produce consoles to release everywhere. Let's not forget Japan is also releasing simultaneously this time around.
I know shortages will always happen but they had over 1M units ready for the USA with the PS4. The demand for a PS5 will probably be bigger than the PS4. There's a bigger fanbase this time around from the previous console. Their studios are in a better position to release launch exclusives which means more demand as well, etc.

I don't know where the GT7 rumor comes from...but that alone is reason to buy one. Imagine a PS5 + Gran Turismo 7 bundle right there, probably for $500. Insane. And people would eat that up.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where the GT7 rumor comes from...but that alone is reason to buy one. Imagine a PS5 + Gran Turismo 7 bundle right there, probably for $500. Insane. And people would eat that up.

And going but what they said about GT Sport testing, GT7 would probably be an excellent showcase for the new DS5 features as well.

Perfect for launch.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
And going but what they said about GT Sport testing, GT7 would probably be an excellent showcase for the new DS5 features as well.

Perfect for launch.
That's one way to go from 0-60 in record time.

It will have been 3 years since GT Sport released, so it's not even unreasonable.

Last edited:

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I don't get why so many people are bringing up GT7. But graphically, GT7 would have been a great showcase.

As much as I love and trust Bluepoint, i'm not sure just how ham they are going to go into remaking DeS' visuals. And even if the wizards at Insomniac match Pixar levels of animation quality at 4k and 60 fps with the next R&C, people with shit taste will downplay the visuals on screen because of the artstyle.

GT7 would have been THE showcase.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why so many people are bringing up GT7. But graphically, GT7 would have been a great showcase.

As much as I love and trust Bluepoint, i'm not sure just how ham they are going to go into remaking DeS' visuals. And even if the wizards at Insomniac match Pixar levels of animation quality at 4k and 60 fps with the next R&C, people with shit taste will downplay the visuals on screen because of the artstyle.

GT7 would have been THE showcase.

Bluepoint are hyping this game more than any other that they've worked on. They've also called it a re-imagining, so they're going deeper than they did with something like SotC. It's also the first game that was ever acknowledged to be on the PS5, although obviously without name. I think it's definitely going to be a big showpiece for the console.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Bluepoint are hyping this game more than any other that they've worked on. They've also called it a re-imagining, so they're going deeper than they did with something like SotC. It's also the first game that was ever acknowledged to be on the PS5, although obviously without name. I think it's definitely going to be a big showpiece for the console.
Fingers crossed they really go for it. Honestly screw the purists going "it's supposed to look blurry, and through a piss colored filter! That's the AtMosPHerE!"
"The jank is PaRT of ItS ChARm".
You have this Souls fanboy's permition to melt my eyeballs Bluepoint.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
That's one way to go from 0-60 in record time.

It will have been 3 years since GT Sport released, so it's not even unreasonable.

I mean...Gran Turismo (numbered series) literally skipped an entire generation and the last one was released around the time the PS4 did, so it was kind of lost in all of that.
I could imagine a huge comeback game with the PS5 with it being supported for years honestly. Probably a mix between old school GT and Sport in the mix.

Last edited:

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
The peeps over at the Horror thread are foaming at the mouth for a Siren comeback. Glad to see good taste still exists in this god-forsaken website.

Really, it warms the heart

Oct 25, 2017
I'm obviously talking about the main series. GT6 came out on the PS3 and we still don't have a GT7.
Oh, I guess that makes sense. But they absolutely wanted gt sport to be considered gt7 but didn't name it that despite considering it (even mentioned this in an interview) because they were hoping this new direction would become the identity of the series going forward. It is a mainline gt title despite not being numbered. But yes, in the public eye, once that 7 shows up with GT, it'll be a big deal.

Nov 8, 2017
ASOBI! Team took 18 months to produce the best VR game regardless of platform to date. If the PS5 ships in November of this year that would be 25 months since Astro Bot Rescue Mission. I can't wait to see what they they do next.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
First time i'm hearing about this. So next game won't be GT7? Everyone seems to be calling it GT7
Yamauchi is weird. That's all that can really be said. But yeah Sport is GT7 in all but name. They could call the next game GT7 but I'd liken that to calling Mass Effect Andromeda, Mass Effect 4 or calling God of War (2018) God of War IV. Sure it works and makes sense, but that isn't what those games are. It's best to let it go.
Oh, I guess that makes sense. But they absolutely wanted gt sport to be considered gt7 but didn't name it that despite considering it (even mentioned this in an interview) because they were hoping this new direction would become the identity of the series going forward. It is a mainline gt title despite not being numbered. But yes, in the public eye, once that 7 shows up with GT, it'll be a big deal.

Basically this. And Yamauchi kinda walked back that interview, but at the same time said he doesn't know if the next GT will be named GT7, so again it's best if everyone just lets "Gran Turismo 7" go.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
For marketing reasons and the bigger focus on SP and adding things back from older titles I think they will go with GT7. Closest they get to launch the better would be a great showpiece.

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I was reading through the "Sony will have launch exclusives thread" and came across something that blew my mind.

"Sony having launch exclusives is anti consumer"

Can someone explain this to me because I genuinely have never heard or seen that before but it's all over that thread?
That cracked me up as well. How dare they give me a reason to want to buy their new console. Honestly its MS' approach that boggles my mind the more I think about it, I can't help but wonder what effect their "last gen too" policy will have on the Series X ports of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.