• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
The only real difference between their strategy this gen and last gen up to this point was that they showed a little bit of game footage from Killzone, Infamous, and Knack.

The PS4 reveal and Cerny's GDC talk were very similar. "here's the architecture, here's the problem with the cell, here's how much ram it has, here's the TFLOPs, the time to triangle, more news later".

They had alot of 3rd party games at the PS4 reveal but those were pretty much just "here's some stuff you've seen before but there's a PS4 logo this time".

Samanyolu

Apr 27, 2019
I have finally started playing Bloodborne, and got up to the Cleric Beast

Holy shit you guys on Era weren't kidding, this game is fucking awesome.
It keeps getting better from there, imo. Enjoy!
I tried a little and stopped because I thought it was not my type of game (I never really liked the SoulsBorne style). I'm thinking of trying back, because I've seen a lot of people who shared the same opinion and ended up changing after insisting.
The beginning is rough. It was my very first soulsborne game and I had absolutely no clue what I was supposed to do as they try not to hold your hand or even explain anything. I didn't even know I could level up at those lamps lmao. I tried it out for a bit longer and at some point I got hooked, idk. It's great and it got even better with time, imo!

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Sport mode has to be a part of Gran Turismo. One of, if not the best online racing experiences I have had on consoles.
I also would like the old school progression and pokemon esque card collections back.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even know I could level up at those lamps lmao.

What. Do you mean the red lamps where you can knock on people's doors?

I only discovered you could level up as soon as The Doll finally showed up! I didn't even know what I did right other than get to the Cleric Beast by rushing my way through the crowd of people with pitchforks and guns.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Sport mode has to be a part of Gran Turismo. One of, if not the best online racing experiences I have had on consoles.
I also would like the old school progression and pokemon esque card collections back.

Kaz has said that the next GT is going to be a combination of the past, present and future. So, presumably that means the single-player that people love as the past, the Sport mode as the present, and who knows what he views as the future. But the GT World Tour has been hugely beneficial in showing Kaz how much people love the old games as players show up to events with copies of GT2 and GT3 to play. Kaz even retweeted this (Hizal is last years GT World Tour winner)

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
The only real difference between their strategy this gen and last gen up to this point was that they showed a little bit of game footage from Killzone, Infamous, and Knack.

The PS4 reveal and Cerny's GDC talk were very similar. "here's the architecture, here's the problem with the cell, here's how much ram it has, here's the TFLOPs, the time to triangle, more news later".

They had alot of 3rd party games at the PS4 reveal but those were pretty much just "here's some stuff you've seen before but there's a PS4 logo this time".
Yup. And this time we even got him talking about some fascinating choices they made with the hardware that devs (including both first and also third party ones) are gushing over.

And with the highly anticipated first sequels we know they're likely working on, not to mention no doubt plenty of surprise titles and new IP, and with third party when it's time for the features and game half of their reveal they're likely to be plenty loaded.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kaz has said that the next GT is going to be a combination of the past, present and future. So, presumably that means the single-player that people love as the past, the Sport mode as the present, and who knows what he views as the future. But the GT World Tour has been hugely beneficial in showing Kaz how much people love the old games as players show up to events with copies of GT2 and GT3 to play. Kaz even retweeted this (Hizal is last years GT World Tour winner)

GT2 is still my favorite. I miss all the used junker cars they used to have, and I was totally fine with it being an RPG style game where you just over-level your "character" and breeze through races.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
So.... How does the PS5 conference/stream start?

A) SIE Japan logo...5 second pause... Bluepoint logo

B) SIE Japan logo...5 second pause... Konami logo

C) Insomniac games logo... 5 second pause... Marvel logo

D) Guerrilla logo

E) Generic hype up montage

Or something else...
There's only one choice.

uJmGfzc.png

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
So, you guys buy
Carnage
possibly making it into Spider-man 2 if the rumor is to be believed? I just don't see, whenever that character shows up in anything Spider-man the age rating is almost always bumped up several notches.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
So, you guys buy
Carnage
possibly making it into Spider-man 2 if the rumor is to be believed? I just don't see, whenever that character shows up in anything Spider-man the age rating is almost always bumped up several notches.
I think they will this time focus on Spiderman vs
Harry
as Venom. At least I hope so. I also hope it will feature a more darker story

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Finally beat Days Gone.

+ Beautiful open world with a varied weather system. Definitely one of the best open worlds this generation from a presentation side.
+ Hordes are easily the best part of the game, and some of the most tense moments in gaming this generation.
+ Freakers as a concept, and as the story builds is very well done. I feel the marketing let them down with the zombies moniker.

- The game is simply too long, with loads of repetitive and bloated missions. Could've easily cut down on 10 hours of the game, to make the story and character development flow better.
- Still pretty buggy. It's not as bad as release but they really did drop the ball here.
- Gunplay is some of the worst from a third person shooter this generation. It also doesn't help that you can't get good weapons for a long part of the game, therefore relying on focus and stealth which aren't perfect.
- Too many Ubisoft open world activities. Spider-Man and Horizon got away with it due to having interesting traversal/world to use/explore.

I'd still give it a 6/10, but I appreciate Bend's effort a lot given it's their first AAA cinematic experience. I'd likely only play the sequel on a deep discount like I did the original however, as I'm still not a fan of the setting. I think with better controls, making it more cohesive and having meaningful side quests would definitely make it a much better game.

Back to finishing Gravity Rush 2 now.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Finally beat Days Gone.

+ Beautiful open world with a varied weather system. Definitely one of the best open worlds this generation from a presentation side.
+ Hordes are easily the best part of the game, and some of the most tense moments in gaming this generation.
+ Freakers as a concept, and as the story builds is very well done. I feel the marketing let them down with the zombies moniker.

- The game is simply too long, with loads of repetitive and bloated missions. Could've easily cut down on 10 hours of the game, to make the story and character development flow better.
- Still pretty buggy. It's not as bad as release but they really did drop the ball here.
- Gunplay is some of the worst from a third person shooter this generation. It also doesn't help that you can't get good weapons for a long part of the game, therefore relying on focus and stealth which aren't perfect.
- Too many Ubisoft open world activities. Spider-Man and Horizon got away with it due to having interesting traversal/world to use/explore.

I'd still give it a 6/10, but I appreciate Bend's effort a lot given it's their first AAA cinematic experience. I'd likely only play the sequel on a deep discount like I did the original however, as I'm still not a fan of the setting. I think with better controls, making it more cohesive and having meaningful side quests would definitely make it a much better game.

Back to finishing Gravity Rush 2 now.
I fully agree with you. Despite it's for me a very solid 8/10. It was way too long but the hordes man, the best thing in the game. Especially the one in the lumberhill

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I fully agree with you. Despite it's for me a very solid 8/10. It was way too long but the hordes man, the best thing in the game. Especially the one in the lumberhill

Agreed, its ridiculously tense when you're low on all items bar bullets, and need to get out but some how manage to wipe them all out by taking them onto the highway. The RPD and Chicago Chopper are absolutely key.

I actually try my best to use the entire range from 1-10, and given its still buggy and the gunplay just isn't good, I think 6/10 is a fair score. Of course imo. It's hard for me to recommend this game due to the plethora of games available and the limited time of people, but if you ever thought it looked interesting to begin with, I'd definitely say go try it. Just need to be patient.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Agreed, its ridiculously tense when you're low on all items bar bullets, and need to get out but some how manage to wipe them all out by taking them onto the highway. The RPD and Chicago Chopper are absolutely key.

I actually try my best to use the entire range from 1-10, and given its still buggy and the gunplay just isn't good, I think 6/10 is a fair score. Of course imo. It's hard for me to recommend this game due to the plethora of games available and the limited time of people, but if you ever thought it looked interesting to begin with, I'd definitely say go try it. Just need to be patient.
Without the secret ending, game would also a 7 or 6 for me. But it's amazing how thrilling they designed the NERO quest line. I really liked the part with the scientists

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Without the secret ending, game would also a 7 or 6 for me. But it's amazing how thrilling they designed the NERO quest line. I really liked the part with the scientists

For sure, actually I'd say the gameplay sections are mainly exciting due to us discovering more about the freakers themselves. That's exactly what makes the game much more interesting than it is for myself. NERO being shady af but more importantly, the freakers having a twist is what makes the whole aspect so much better.

Hopefully this makes the sequel a lot more interesting thematically and gameplay wise.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
For sure, actually I'd say the gameplay sections are mainly exciting due to us discovering more about the freakers themselves. That's exactly what makes the game much more interesting than it is for myself. NERO being shady af but more importantly, the freakers having a twist is what makes the whole aspect so much better.

Hopefully this makes the sequel a lot more interesting thematically and gameplay wise.
Yeah they worked very long on this and now they have a solid ground to stand on. Sequel could be very special if they try out new things

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
So, you guys buy
Carnage
I know I don't. Most of the bullet points in that rumor are BS anyway. 😏😶

EDIT: On an unrelated note, after seeing Peter's Into The Spider-Verse suit in the first SM game, I just wished we could get a entire SM or Batman Beyond game with that kind of aesthetic/art style. I doubt we'll ever get one though. 😰😔

Last edited:

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

You're missing the biggest difference: The PS4 reveal was very consumer centric. The PS5, so far, is absolutely not.

Oct 25, 2017

That's a pretty big difference lol you listed like 3 first party games(4 if we kinda sorta count mm showing dreams). Destiny was huge too
Already own it. It's super fun! It's been a min, haven't played it in a while. Gonna have to correct that.

Edit: Shit, are PS2 Classics considered PS4 games? Hopefully it'll work on PS5.
i paid 15 bucks for some of them they damn well better work.....
Some of them on psnow at this point so I assume so

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
I really hope Sony releases an update to the remote play app that allows for direct connection to the PS4/5. I also hope they release the app for Switch so I have an excuse to finally get one.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018

You're missing the biggest difference: The PS4 reveal was very consumer centric. The PS5, so far, is absolutely not.

The difference is, the two events were aimed at different audiences. In the context of who they were aiming for, both are fine. The problem is Sony PR dropped the ball in not recognizing the impact a highly technical insight into PS5 being the first instance for masses at large where they share crucial details about it. The fact the event contained nothing (no games or demos) which can display the power of the box makes it even more puzzling. This GDC-lecture should've been preceded by SOP where they touch in brief about the box and show some games or demos for the audience to get excited.

Marketing for new-box has been poor so far and I hope they can sort it out, muddled messaging can severely affect the appeal of a new product. Their next event has to be packed with games and tech demos to sell the box, because for the masses, all they know are the headlines, headlines which say Series X is more powerful than PS5. I expect Microsoft to go for throat when they reveal Lockhart, that would mean they have both the price and power locked out for next-gen. Sony have to be careful with their messaging, and one way to drown the noise from Microsoft is to show more games. If they bungle it up, these early days will have a long-lasting impact well after launch.

what game is he talking about? is it ps5 demo? is kleegamefan game dev or journalist? I didn't know ps5 tech demo is already out there for journalist to see. damnit I really want to see it

Multi-platform game.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Again, when these consoles have their big info blowouts and prices/release dates/lineups are revealed, nobody is going to base their purchasing decision on whether tech demos were showed in February or June.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Once we see the games I believe people will not be so obsessed about TFLOPs.

oh who am i kidding
No you are someway right, because the PS5 hasn't been formally shown. Without presenting the form-factor and OS features for end users, Cerny's lecture has dissociated the debate about the spec list, and the console itself.

So it won't be long before all concerning about it will start to turn in circle with every major questions dissipated or stated, while the potential of the console established. The debate will dried, and the reveal will appear like an oasis.

Status
Not open for further replies.