• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
You really don't realize how much one misses EVO until it came back offline

Man, snk got me hyped as fuck. Sony did good putting their hands on evo.

The only downside of this EVO is the ads, there was too much of them that even commentators started to make joke about it after it delays several matches and did a snowball effect by delaying the next game , an Evo staff member needed to intervene to reduced the amount of ads for today for the stream to be more enjoyable.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
The biggest issue with a Uncharted 4 is that it retreads similar ground as Uncharted 3 with the whole mysterious backstory thing and also completely screws up the Sic Parvis Magna thing after you find out too much about his backstory. And then it kinda fucks up Uncharted 3 as well. The game has some slight retcons that just don't need to be there. The bits we got with Marlowe were fine and all we needed. Uncharted 4 was unnecessary in its final incarnation. Sam doesn't need to be a villain, but he also doesn't need to actually be a "Drake" so to speak.
I think that's my biggest issue. It steals Nate's authority over his own psychology and cheapens the Drake identity he assumed. We know Sam would have eventually turned against Rafe and sided with his brother at the end, yeah, but we really didn't need "The Brother's Drake" after UC3; we needed Nathan Drake and Sam Morgan.

So much of that third game was about assigning yourself significance and not living up to a legacy and UC4 undoes that.

I remember a few years ago a ND dev told me that's the story the powers that be wanted to tell because people wanted to know who Drake really was and what he came from. That's not a tease, and it didn't need to be explored at all. The whole point of that 3rd game is it doesn't matter who you were, but who you choose to be; THE CARDS YOU'RE DEALT.

IMAGINE if TLoU3 has Ellie decide she wants to go off and kill Abby anyway. That's what it ultimately felt like, the last installment undone...

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
I know the inspiration is obvious but does anyone have a link to the creators of prey mentioning god of war.
comicbook.com

New Prey Trailer: Hulu's Predator Director Dan Trachtenberg Breaks Down New Gadgets

20th Century and Hulu have released the full trailer for Prey, the next chapter in the Predator [...]
"I teased a while ago that I took inspiration from the latest God of War video game, and those two things are in the trailer," Trachtenberg revealed. "One is his shield, that you see briefly. And the other is not a Predator gadget, but just the way that Nadu, wields her axe, she invents something very cool for that Tomahawk. And that comes from a mechanic in that video game. I think the shield is something super cool. There's a couple things that are the same, but even those things function slightly differently."

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Prey is definitely the best Predator since the original. If you're planning on watching it. I wholeheartedly recommend the Comanche dub.

Also, check out Sandman on Netflix (and the comic; definitely the comic).

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Didn't pick up Yakuza Like a Dragon on release because of how different it was to the rest of the series but I gotta say it's good, also playing Lost Judgement in between, they complement each other.

I'm gonna avoid side content in these huge sprawling open games, it just burns me out and then I drop it for months like Lost Judgement. That's why it takes me literally years to beat open world games.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
I've still got episode 9 & 10 to go. But episode 6 was really incredible television. I loved it and haven't stopped thinking about it all day.
It's adapted from one of the most critically acclaimed stories in the comic.

dc.fandom.com

Sandman Vol 2 8

""The Sound of Her Wings"": A mortal approaches Destiny in an unknown place and asks him questions about Dream. Destiny reads from his book of Dream's capture, his escape, and his trials to regain his symbols of office. Destiny clos Sandman (Volume 2) #8 is an issue of the series Sandman (Volume...

Gabaghoul582

Banned
Nov 2, 2021

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
It's adapted from one of the most critically acclaimed stories in the comic.

dc.fandom.com

Sandman Vol 2 8

""The Sound of Her Wings"": A mortal approaches Destiny in an unknown place and asks him questions about Dream. Destiny reads from his book of Dream's capture, his escape, and his trials to regain his symbols of office. Destiny clos Sandman (Volume 2) #8 is an issue of the series Sandman (Volume...

That's something that I enjoy about these television and film adaptations. I would never have bothered to read the source material but this is such a great story that deserves to be told to a wider audience. Crazy to think it's a story that's been around from before I was born.

Nov 21, 2017
Prey is definitely the best Predator since the original. If you're planning on watching it. I wholeheartedly recommend the Comanche dub.

Also, check out Sandman on Netflix (and the comic; definitely the comic).

I still need to watch The Sandman series but I watched both Prey(Hulu) and Thirteen Lives(Prime Video) both films I very much enjoyed. Absolutely saw the GOW influence in Prey.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
The new game section of the store has been very depressing as of late.

I don't know how many more foods can jump.
Yeah its really annoying almost everyday there is a new food that can jump and then there is a turbo version and then 2 different versions for PS4/ps5. Like how the fuck do they let all that shit on there

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
I still need to watch The Sandman series but I watched both Prey(Hulu) and Thirteen Lives(Prime Video) both films I very much enjoyed. Absolutely saw the GOW influence in Prey.
Speaking of influence, this poster makes me want to see a Predator film with a Shadows of the Colossus / Attack on Titan fight with a giant Predator variant lol.

image002.png

I can highly recommend 10 Cloverfield Lane, which is from the same writer as Prey. They should get him involved with Amazon Prime's God of War.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the rumored Ragnarok trailer releases this week.

A story trailer like this one to hype everyone

youtu.be

God of War – Story Trailer | PS4

https://www.playstation.com/games/god-of-war/?emcid=or-1s-412983/From Santa Monica Studio and creative director Cory Barlog comes a new beginning for one of ...

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
Nov 21, 2017
Speaking of influence, this poster makes me want to see a Predator film with a Shadows of the Colossus / Attack on Titan fight with a giant Predator variant lol.

image002.png

I can highly recommend 10 Cloverfield Lane, which is from the same writer as Prey. They should get him involved with Amazon Prime's God of War.

Yeah I saw 10 Cloverfield Lane. It's the only Cloverfield film I actually liked. Yeah hopefully he gets involved with Amazon GOW series. Funnily enough he was once scheduled to helm the Uncharted movie actaually.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We should be getting the list for the PS+ Extra and Premium additions for the month this week. Outside of the expected Ubisoft stuff I wonder what else will show up. Maaaaybe something from the 1st party backlog... maaaaaybe Rift Apart?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
This thread title is the best ever for this thread.

Also, Stray is amazing. I cannot believe how perfect this game is.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Trey2Deebo

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2022
Jeez I forgot how full of copaganda Spider-Man PS4 is. My eyes have rolled out of their eye sockets so many times that I just stopped bothering to pick them up off the floor. The way they talk about "convicts", not even the game's actual villains but like lmao New York is overrun by random people from Rykers rn who I guess are all the scum of the earth in their orange jump suits causing chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.