• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah I think any CEO can send company wide emails sent to their employees any time. PR probably only looks when he is making statements. This was leaked so it wasn't something meant to be shown to the public. Because of that, I doubt PR would do anything and this statement is his own stupidity
Still, PlayStation has what, thousands of employees? You'd think if you're sending out something to that many people, Corporate Communications people would be involved. But maybe not?

Last edited:

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021
Honestly, why wait until OT28? Would it hurt to change the title of this thread now? Especially since it will probably still be around for at least a month? Something along the lines of "Respect a woman's right to choose" or something similar?

IDK, just my two cents.

I'm all for this. Who do we talk to about changing the thread title to reaffirm a positive message about women's reproductive rights?

As a collective and a community.

yeah i dont wanna wait for the next thread lets get that title in now

I'm not sure who to tag in this situation.

But we should do that as a community asap.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, no more shitty Ryan gifs is the best thing coming out of this cause now I can freely dunk on those. They were god awful.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
If I was Jim and felt all that with my heart, I'd just not send anything.

I guess now I'm really curious about the background stuff that prompted it to come forward so I can admire this misshot even more.
Like is there some big phenomena of infighting among the studio staff right now and this was some haphazard "oh shit guys GUYS stop fighting" bandaid or did was everything cool beans and Jim just decided to fire this up out of nowhere?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
+1 vote to change the thread title - let's all show solidarity like the good community I think we are.

hmp

Mar 29, 2022
me skipping ads on the PS6
XtUiiqI.jpg

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021
User banned (1 week): Dismissive commentary over a sensitive subject
PlayStation Studios |OT28| \o/ Fuck Jim Ryan

In this specific situation I think that's kinda immature.

I understand the sentiment. But a positive message in support of women's reproductive rights really conveys the message we should be sending. In my humble opinion, of course.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
One of those cases where no one is going to let this go and forget about it. Mr Jimbo done messed up badly here.

Oct 25, 2017
If I was Jim and felt all that with my heart, I'd just not send anything.

I guess now I'm really curious about the background stuff that prompted it to come forward so I can admire this misshot even more.
Like is there some big phenomena of infighting among the studio staff right now and this was some haphazard "oh shit guys GUYS stop fighting" bandaid or did was everything cool beans and Jim just decided to fire this up out of nowhere?

Well it IS the topic of discussion now and will be for the foreseeable future. Maybe he was pressured to say something? I'm sure there has been a lot of talk among coworkers about this. And just being realistic here. Not everyone is going to be on the same page.

Now he could have just said nothing. But I assume he was trying to be neutral wit this email which we see how that turned out.

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
Wow at that title.

Not sure if I'm more impressed at that directness of it or the speed at which it was updated.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Bravo on the thread change, this is needed. Jim's got to go or give a goddamn detailed apology as to what the hell he was thinking.

We'll see where this ends up, there's gonna be a lot of pressure within SIE too.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

I understand the sentiment. But a positive message in support of women's reproductive rights really conveys the message we should be sending. In my humble opinion, of course.
lol "immature", what garbage

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
Not the news I wanted this week. Fuck Jim Ryan indeed. Really not looking forward to his "sorry if you were offended" non-apology.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

we can do both and hence we have

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

You know what's immature? Telling women to respect the belief that their bodies aren't theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.