• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
$499/$399
Sony wants more people in their digital ecosystem. It just makes business sense to make the digital edition the more desirable console. A $50 difference wont be enough to convince people.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I can see Sony take their losses and price the PS5 at 399 and DE at 349. Disc drive isn't much and Sony relies a lot of their profits on software revenue anyway. Also, I expect them to reveal this at an event showcasing what to expect at launch, lineup and all, with the price and date being the closer.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Consider that PS5 almost definitely costs less to build than the Series X. Early estimates from Zhuge had it at about $450 for the PS5 BOM compared to $460 minimum for the Series X BOM. So if MS can price the Series X at $499 and likely lose a little bit when you take all the other factors outside of BOM, PS5 can absolutely be priced at $449, unless Sony wants to make a profit on hardware from day 1 and live with costing the same as Series X.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
I would be upset if i was Microsoft and I would wait for official pricing before getting excited about a potential PS5 price

foamdino

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I expect the ps5 to be close to XSX. Never understood the whole "it must be more expensive because reasons".

$499 PS5
$399 PS5DE

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Maybe 399/499? Just don't think that Sony feel the need to have a cheaper console. Today they have a bigger base that might wanna stay in the ecosystem due to exclusives and BC.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Just finish Days Gone and yah.....

I honestly tough it whould be a terrible game, nice surprise.

If it wasn't for Gravity Rush 2, I'd say Day's Gone was the most slept on PS4 game of the generation. Such a good game. Did you get the "true" ending? I didn't even realize it had one, so I had to go back and get it. All I'll say is that it made me super excited for the sequel! Days Gone on PS5 is going to turn some heads, I think (hope). SCE Bend did a great job, and it has a lot of potential as a new flagship series for them.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I expect the ps5 to be close to XSX. Never understood the whole "it must be more expensive because reasons".

$499 PS5
$399 PS5DE
Same. I don't see them being more expensive, I'm curious if they can get lower than the X, but I think it'll at least be a price match and the digital will be $100 cheaper than whatever the disc version ends up.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I played Spellbreak when it was in it's Beta. Loved the idea behind it, the gameplay itself, not so much. I didn't play it a lot during the beta, so I never got a proper feel for the controls. I do want to go back and check it out now that it is officially released. Hopefully I like it more this time around.

yeah saw some good impressions over at the OT so maybe they improved things? Either way game looks interesting. Hopefully I will like it too. Need a non fall guy MP in my life lmao

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, can anyone else believe how much raw stuff is leaking about Xbox? The only thing leaked about the PS5 so far is a couple factory shells.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe Sony is going second with their price announcements yet again.

Xbox did what should have been done ages ago. Just price their console at something low, and if Sony can match it cool, if not good for them. I was beginning to not feel for them at all, frankly. If you're worried about losing on price either take the hit or continue to lose.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
d53c683fcec907613bf00ce0a3ca734e.gif

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
If it wasn't for Gravity Rush 2, I'd say Day's Gone was the most slept on PS4 game of the generation. Such a good game. Did you get the "true" ending? I didn't even realize it had one, so I had to go back and get it. All I'll say is that it made me super excited for the sequel! Days Gone on PS5 is going to turn some heads, I think (hope). SCE Bend did a great job, and it has a lot of potential as a new flagship series for them.
Days Gone and Gravity Rush 1/2 are 3 games I'm looking forward to playing. The former seems to be a very mixed bag with many either enjoying it or disliking it and the latter seems to have gone by unnoticed by many. I'll probably save Days Gone for when I have a PS5 one day though. Gravity Rush 1/2 I'll most likely get to this fall.

Oct 29, 2017
I honestly can't see Sony going $549-599 for their Standard version. That would be extremely stupid and shortsighted, especially if the PS5 BOM is around $450.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone and Gravity Rush 1/2 are 3 games I'm looking forward to playing. The former seems to be a very mixed bag with many either enjoying it or disliking it and the latter seems to have gone by unnoticed by many. I'll probably save Days Gone for when I have a PS5 one day though. Gravity Rush 1/2 I'll most likely get to this fall.
Yeah, the two Gravity Rush games are probably two of the first things I'll replay on my PS5 in between new games.

Status
Not open for further replies.