• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pre-orders happening today?

• Yes

Votes: 431 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 628 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta wonder, is there a scenario where today they really "only" show games and don't reveal price/launch/preorder date?

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just a general question not related to this event.

Can sony ever top E3 2016? Is that even possible?

is that even legal? Haha

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Precious Demon's Souls...

tenor.gif

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
EiCmY75WAAAgvSn.png

Yeah I mean, there it is I guess. Announce at the Sony event is very likely. Would be very weird if they don't announce a PS5 physical version.

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta wonder, is there a scenario where today they really "only" show games and don't reveal price/launch/preorder date?

Definitely. They may show nothing but games and services. That strategy has been working quite well for them of late. They could do that and then just release a press release with price/date information later today or later even.

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I hope we get some news in regards to how Sony's first-party PS4 games are upgraded for PS5. I've kind of been holding off of jumping all-in on Ghost of Tsushima, and also a Last of Us 2 replay, in anticipation.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've been on Era for so long that I'm weirdly hyped about Demons Souls despite never playing it or any of the other souls games.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
449e for the PS5 and 399e for PS5D would be huge. I think Microsoft would need to match their price down for Series X if they dare to do that.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Silent Hill
FFXVI
God of War
Uncharted
Metal Gear Remake
Soul Reaver Remake
Bloodborne 2
The Order sequel
Shadow of the Colossus 2
Alien Isolation sequel
Bioshock
Ninja Gaiden
Dead Space reboot
299/379

let's go!

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I'm trying really hard to sleep because I'll need to wake up at 5am for this.

it's now almost 2am with bloodshot eyes and hype in my veins.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I hope that it's all announcements one after the other and no bloat about history or whatever filler they use to pad these out.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think 3-7 days is much of a head start. Launch buyers largely have made up their minds by then. My guess is 11/13 for PS5
While I agree the time frame isn't going to make much difference, it's more about engagement. Why would you let or want your competitor get all the talking points on a new generation a few days/a week before you. It's almost like playing second fiddle.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Is the OP going to have the direct link to the on-demand version of the stream after the conference? Want to know whether I can bookmark it for a spoiler-free way to get to the Youtube page for the showcase after I get home from work.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I'm holding out hope that preorders will start after the show. I want to get this over with

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Is the OP going to have the direct link to the on-demand version of the stream after the conference? Want to know whether I can bookmark it for a spoiler-free way to get to the Youtube page for the showcase after I get home from work.

You can use the same link iirc.

Oct 24, 2019
Putting aside the obvious things (more of Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, etc.), here's my wishlist for reveals I'd love to see happen today, even if we'll obviously not get all of them :)

- God of War sequel teaser
- New Uncharted from San Diego
- Silent Hill from Japan Studio
- New SOCOM or Killzone from Guerrilla
- New IP from any of the WWS
- Harry Potter
- Persona 6
- FF XVI
- Dragon's Dogma 2
- WiLD
- New Getaway from London studio

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Putting aside the obvious things (more of Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, etc.), here's my wishlist for reveals I'd love to see happen today, even if we'll obviously not get all of them :)

- God of War sequel teaser
- New Uncharted from San Diego
- Silent Hill from Japan Studio
- New SOCOM or Killzone from Guerrilla
- New IP from any of the WWS
- Harry Potter
- Persona 6
- FF XVI
- Dragon's Dogma 2
- WiLD
- New Getaway from London studio

Haha, this would be awesome! I'd buy every single game on that list.
Exciting times :)

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
If they did it would piss everybody off. There's no good reason to withhold that information anymore now that we know what Microsoft is doing and EVERYONE has been pestering them online about this everywhere for weeks if not months. Now is the time.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I dont care for the price reveal.

Only things I care for is new game announcements and details about the b/c with PS4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.